Windows 10: The keyboard backlight on my new ASUS has stopped working!!

Discus and support The keyboard backlight on my new ASUS has stopped working!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; UGH!!! I spilled water (mostly on myself but...) some got on the keyboard that has a rubber cover on it. I've dried it off, restarted the laptop, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by e.chase, Aug 21, 2019.

1. e.chase Win User

The keyboard backlight on my new ASUS has stopped working!!

UGH!!! I spilled water (mostly on myself but...) some got on the keyboard that has a rubber cover on it.

I've dried it off, restarted the laptop, but the back light is not on!

It's one of the main reasons I chose this thing. The keyboard backlight on my new ASUS has stopped working!! :( It took me 7 months to save for it!!

I've looked in 'settings' to see about turning it back on but can't find anything.

I'm so upset!!! I bumped the table leg and that was it! The keyboard backlight on my new ASUS has stopped working!! :(

:)

e.chase, Aug 21, 2019

2. Keyboard Backlight Has Stopped Working.

Please, the keyboard backlight of my Acer Aspire F 15 has stopped working. How do I fix this problem.

***Edited Original Title From: keyboard backlight***

Gideon Owusu-Ansah, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Keyboard Backlight Has Stopped Working.

Hi Gideon,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the complete model number of your Acer Aspire F14?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    3. What is the operating system that you have installed on your computer? (To check the Version and Edition of your Windows, you can refer
      Which Windows operating system am I running?).

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if this helps.

Before trying the below methods, try a keyboard combination by pressing the
    FN and the F9 keys at once and check if the keyboard backlight turns on.

Method 1:
    Turning On Keyboard Backlight From Windows Mobility Center.

1. Click on the Start Menu > Search for Windows Mobility Center > Hit
      Enter.
    2. Locate Keyboard backlight in Windows Mobility Center > Select
      On under Keyboard lighting > Click on OK.
    3. Restart the computer once after making the changes and check for the keyboard backlight.

Method 2:
    Keyboard Troubleshooter.

Go to Settings > Update and Security >
    Troubleshoot > Run the Keyboard Troubleshooter and check for the issue.

If the issue persists after trying the above troubleshooting methods, then please reply with the answers listed above, so that we can understand the concern and help you with the appropriate troubleshooting methods.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Toshiba Satellite E45DW-C Backlight Keyboard

Hi,

This may have something to do with the driver for the device. We'd like to know some things so we can guide you better in resolving the issue. Please answer the following questions:

• Was the backlight previously working?
    • Did the feature stop functioning after applying changes on the computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the device to another computer?

We can gather more information about the cause of the problem by running some troubleshooters available in Control Panel. To do so, follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Keyboard and allow the troubleshooter to run.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as well.

The suggested troubleshooters will automatically correct the issues they find on your computer.

It will also be helpful if you can connect the keyboard to another computer to determine if the problem is specific to the device where the keyboard is currently connected. Connecting the keyboard to another computer will let us know if the backlight is
    defective.

Let us know if you have questions.

Come back if you need more help.

Ruz San, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

1. The keyboard backlight on my new ASUS has stopped working!! - Similar Threads - keyboard backlight ASUS

2. Why is my keyboard backlight not working ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my keyboard backlight not working ?: Hi, my Dell Latitude 7400 has a backlit keyboard it has a keyboard backlight icon on the f5 key but it hasn't been working for quite a while now. Even after reinstalling windows it does not work. I upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11 and that still doesn't resolve the...
  3. Why is my keyboard backlight not working ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my keyboard backlight not working ?: Hi, my Dell Latitude 7400 has a backlit keyboard it has a keyboard backlight icon on the f5 key but it hasn't been working for quite a while now. Even after reinstalling windows it does not work. I upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11 and that still doesn't resolve the...
  4. Keyboard backlight not working on Asus FX505DY after network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard backlight not working on Asus FX505DY after network reset: I did a reset on my laptop and after that the keyboard backlight was not workingLaptop Model: Asus Tuf fx505dy OS: Windows 11Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621 BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. FX505DY.315, 09-03-2020...
  5. Keyboard backlight not working on Asus FX505DY after network reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard backlight not working on Asus FX505DY after network reset: I did a reset on my laptop and after that the keyboard backlight was not workingLaptop Model: Asus Tuf fx505dy OS: Windows 11Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621 BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. FX505DY.315, 09-03-2020...
  6. keyboard backlight doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard backlight doesnt work: hi,My keyboard back light doesnt work, and my FN F9/10 stoped workug after updating to windows 10. keybord backlight settings doesnt show in mobility center either....
  7. My Keyboard Backlighting stopped working and it's not in Mobility Center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Keyboard Backlighting stopped working and it's not in Mobility Center: Hello, I need assistance as my Keyboard Backlighting just stopped working. I've searched the internet but the backlighting option is not in the Windows Mobility Center as it says it should be. I tried to put this question into the correct category of questions, but I...
  8. Trouble with ASUS Keyboard Backlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble with ASUS Keyboard Backlight: The backlight on the keyboard was working perfectly fine until it suddenly stopped. I'm using an FX505G and I've tried reinstalling drivers to make sure they are up to date, rebooting the laptop, but nothing is working. I do not have backlight buttons on my f keys like some...
  9. My keyboard has stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    My keyboard has stopped working: My keyboard has stopped working in most applications. It doesn’t work for emails or the internet. I cannot write comments directly into this query, I have to write them into a Word document then copy&paste across. The problem appeared to start after what seemed to be a...
  10. ASUS G73JH Keyboard backlight stopped working on 1809 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS G73JH Keyboard backlight stopped working on 1809 update: my laptop was running windows 10 1803 and everything worked just fine.. today i got a message saying congratulations we have an update and it rebooted.. once everything got done, took like an hour, my keyboard backlight is no longer on.. the key to turn it on does nothing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mobility center i cannot see keyboard backlight ASUS