Windows 10: The keyboard for my Asus laptop will not disable when I flip it to tablet mode

Discus and support The keyboard for my Asus laptop will not disable when I flip it to tablet mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I currently have an Asus TP300L laptop that can flip into a tablet currently running Windows 10. The actual keyboard on it no longer disables... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Espinoza5495, Sep 3, 2018.

1. The keyboard for my Asus laptop will not disable when I flip it to tablet mode

Hi,

I currently have an Asus TP300L laptop that can flip into a tablet currently running Windows 10. The actual keyboard on it no longer disables when I flip it, so if I were to put it on my lap while in tablet mode, whatever hits it from under can still hit the buttons. How can I set it to I've checked control panel but there is no "keyboard lock" icon or function.

Thanks.

:)

Espinoza5495, Sep 3, 2018

2. The keyboard for my Asus laptop will not disable when I flip it to tablet mode

Hi,

I currently have an Asus TP300L laptop that can flip into a tablet currently running Windows 10. The actual keyboard on it no longer disables when I flip it, so if I were to put it on my lap while in tablet mode, whatever hits it from under can still hit
    the buttons. How can I set it to I've checked control panel but there is no "keyboard lock" icon or function.

Thanks.

Espinoza5495, Sep 10, 2018
  3. SL._889 Win User
    Asus 2 in 1 will not automaticly switch to tablet mode when flipped in Windows 10 after changing the HDD to SSD

I have also a similar problem using my new Asus Zenbook..

The laptop seems not to sense being flipped to tablet mode; If I just flip the laptop and keep it horizontal, it does not switch in to the tablet mode. If I turn the tablet mode manually on from the settings, autorotate is screwed up and also the touch keyboard
    doesn't pop up automatically.

But however, if I flip the laptop and keep it vertical, it does turn into tablet mode and even more oddily the touch keyboard and autorotate work as charm - as long as i don't put the Asus horizontally.

Extremely annoying and Asus customer support couldn't help much - they suggested recovering original settings to Windows 10 which would mean erasing all information I currently have on the laptop..

They though that it could be a driver issue, too. Maybe Asus sensors are incompatible with current version of WIndows 10 or it's drivers? Could experts in Microsoft maybe help?

SL._889, Sep 10, 2018
  4. The keyboard for my Asus laptop will not disable when I flip it to tablet mode

Disable Keyboard and Trackpad in Tablet Mode

So, I have pretty much the same problem. When flipping the screen which should make the laptop into a tablet (Asus ux360) the trackpad won't turn off at all while the keyboard does turn off but not completely, still giving some annoying error
    sounds when keys are pressed down. There was no auto lock feature in the control panel keyboard settings.

Also, the laptop won't automatically switch to tablet mode when the screen is flipped even when this feature is "enabled" in the settings. How on earth can something so simple go so wrong? please fix these embarrassing faults ASAP. I've installed all the latest
    ASUS drivers and have updated to the latest Windows version (1709).

Suggesting a clumsy manual fix to a problem needing an automatic solution is hilariously unprofessional but made me laugh.

LUTstudent, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

The keyboard for my Asus laptop will not disable when I flip it to tablet mode

1. The keyboard for my Asus laptop will not disable when I flip it to tablet mode - Similar Threads - keyboard Asus laptop

2. Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.: I have an LG Gram it is a 2-1 so it usually would have tablet mode enabled whenever I flipped my screen around but this no longer works. It is one Windows 11 OS build 22621.1485, version 22H2. Is this issue related to Windows 11?...
  3. Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.: I have an LG Gram it is a 2-1 so it usually would have tablet mode enabled whenever I flipped my screen around but this no longer works. It is one Windows 11 OS build 22621.1485, version 22H2. Is this issue related to Windows 11?...
  4. Tablet Mode Occurring when it is Disabled in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet Mode Occurring when it is Disabled in Settings: Hi I have a few users that are entering tablet mode even though the laptop itself is not folded into a tablet and the option is disabled within Windows Settings.Has anyone seen this issue before?And if they have, what is the cause and fix?Cheers...
  5. Tablet Mode Occurring when it is Disabled in Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet Mode Occurring when it is Disabled in Settings: Hi I have a few users that are entering tablet mode even though the laptop itself is not folded into a tablet and the option is disabled within Windows Settings.Has anyone seen this issue before?And if they have, what is the cause and fix?Cheers...
  6. My asus vivobook flip cannot change to tablet mode when I flip it after windows 11 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My asus vivobook flip cannot change to tablet mode when I flip it after windows 11 update.: Please I am using asus vivobook flip a dual purpose laptop, after windows 11 update I realized that I have lost the Motion Sensor under the device manager, therefore the laptop refuses to turn to tablet mode whenever I flip it as the tablet. Because the keypads still works...
  7. My asus vivobook flip cannot change to tablet mode when I flip it after windows 11 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My asus vivobook flip cannot change to tablet mode when I flip it after windows 11 update.: Please I am using asus vivobook flip a dual purpose laptop, after windows 11 update I realized that I have lost the Motion Sensor under the device manager, therefore the laptop refuses to turn to tablet mode whenever I flip it as the tablet. Because the keypads still works...
  8. Tablet mode do not respond when laptop is flipped!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tablet mode do not respond when laptop is flipped!: Hello, I have Asus laptop and tablet mode in my laptop works fine(with mouse and keyboard) when it is not flipped. When I flip it it don't get turned on automatically, and when i turn it on manually mouse and keyboard still work which is not supposed to. This started...
  9. Disabling Tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Tablet mode: My laptop is stack at Tablet mode. I can't use the start button and the calendar short cut. How can i disable tablet mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-tablet-mode/95f8945f-1cb2-4d20-afdb-51e1a9c910b1
  10. Keyboard & Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Tablet Mode: My computer is an HP Spectre and I have two questions: 1) I'm trying get my keyboard to disable when I'm in tablet mode, because whenever I hit a key it messes up what I'm doing. How can I easily disable my keyboard without uninstalling it? 2) My keyboard makes sounds when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deactivate Asus keyboard and mouse in tablet mode

2. when j flip my asus vivobook does the keyboard deactivate

3. disable asus flip keyboard

4. asus 2 in 1 keyboard not locking in tablet mode,
  5. deactivate keyboard in tablet mode,
  6. asus flip not switching to tablet mode,
  7. asus laptop tablet mode disable keyboard,
  8. disable keyboard in tablet mode asus,
  9. asus keyboard lock in tablet mode,
  10. laptop not auto switching to tablet mode asus,
  11. my laptop does not automatically disable the keyboard help,