Windows 10: The keys 3,9,-,j and f3 are not working on my laptop

Discus and support The keys 3,9,-,j and f3 are not working on my laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my laptop is an msi laptop that ive bought little over 2 years ago. it is updated to the latest windows version. it didnt have any problem until these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by loke yoongchen, Jun 16, 2024.

1. The keys 3,9,-,j and f3 are not working on my laptop

my laptop is an msi laptop that ive bought little over 2 years ago. it is updated to the latest windows version. it didnt have any problem until these keys suddenly stopped working. when i hold down said keys and rapidly press the other functional keys, the broken keys will work for a while but then stop working after a few minutes. and if i hold down one key and press another it will output like this: "jy" . ive tried to do troubleshooting but i couldnt find an option for keyboard troubleshooting in the settings app.

:)

loke yoongchen, Jun 16, 2024
  2. oswindles Win User

Volume function keys (F1 - F3) not working properly

My F1 to F3 function keys (which also double as mute, vol down, and vol up) don't work as they should. Whenever I press these keys it refreshes my screen and bugs out for a few seconds - can't seem to find a similar problem anywhere.

• Running: Windows 11 (Build 22533.1001)
    • Device: Dell XPS 13 9370.
    I know I am on a dev build of windows and this only happened after a recent update but has anyone got any ideas how I might be able to fix it. (All of my FN keys work normally apart from these 3). I already tried reinstalling keyboard drivers etc.

This might help as well:

• Pressing Fn lock + F1 opens support page in browsers
    • Pressing Fn lock + F3 opens find in browsers (The same as Ctrl + F would)
    I know someone is going to put this as a solution: just turn off/on function lock, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

oswindles, Jun 16, 2024
  3. F1 F2 F3 not a single is working

My f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 f7 f8 f9 f10 f11 f12 any of these keys is not working. My laptop had windows 7 professional but I upgraded to Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool. Please suggest some solutions.

AdityaRai3, Jun 16, 2024
  4. The keys 3,9,-,j and f3 are not working on my laptop

minecraft f3 key doens't work

Hi, I have windows 10 laptop, I bought minecraft, i need to see the coordinates but the key fn+f3 doen't work Please help me. I try to modify into settings but there isn't nothing to change

MatildeRizzi, Jun 16, 2024
Thema:

The keys 3,9,-,j and f3 are not working on my laptop

1. The keys 3,9,-,j and f3 are not working on my laptop - Similar Threads - keys are working

2. The keys 3,9,-,j and f3 are not working on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The keys 3,9,-,j and f3 are not working on my laptop: my laptop is an msi laptop that ive bought little over 2 years ago. it is updated to the latest windows version. it didnt have any problem until these keys suddenly stopped working. when i hold down said keys and rapidly press the other functional keys, the broken keys will...
  3. Function key F2 F3 F4 are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Function key F2 F3 F4 are not working: My keyboard had fallen on the floor a few days ago, and since then my f2 f3 f4 are not working.Specifically, my f3 is working as searching instead of volume up. So I think my keyboard is not broken.Please help, it struggles me for a while....
  4. Function key F2 F3 F4 are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function key F2 F3 F4 are not working: My keyboard had fallen on the floor a few days ago, and since then my f2 f3 f4 are not working.Specifically, my f3 is working as searching instead of volume up. So I think my keyboard is not broken.Please help, it struggles me for a while....
  5. Shift, Caps Lock and F3 keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift, Caps Lock and F3 keys not working: I've been having this problem since about a week ago. The left Shift, Caps Lock & the F3 keys stop working randomly, I press any of them several times, they appear to be fine, and then one minute later they stop working again. It appears to be only those three keys that have...
  6. Shift, Caps Lock and F3 keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift, Caps Lock and F3 keys not working: I've been having this problem since about a week ago. The left Shift, Caps Lock & the F3 keys stop working randomly, I press any of them several times, they appear to be fine, and then one minute later they stop working again. It appears to be only those three keys that have...
  7. F3 and F4 keys not working on a keyboard plugged in a laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F3 and F4 keys not working on a keyboard plugged in a laptop.: Hey, can anyone help me? my F3 and F4 keys on my keyboard aren't working for some reason. any recommendations on how to fix it? the keyboard is plugged in my laptop, the F3 and F4 keys work on my laptop....
  8. f3 button is not working in my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    f3 button is not working in my laptop: I used asus vivo book s15.... suddenly i saw my f3 button is not working..all buttons are doing well without f3.. i also tried fn+f3..but still not working...what should I do??...
  9. MY f1,f2,f3,f4 etc keys are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MY f1,f2,f3,f4 etc keys are not working: I was playing one night, i hit my keyboard not hard but i hit it.... Now the f1,f2,f3,f4 etc keys are not working I need them for my hotkeys etc Please help My graphics card Nvidia 1070ti ASROCK motherboard intel core i5-7600k 16gb DDR4 RAM If any of them help...
  10. minecraft f3 key doens't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    minecraft f3 key doens't work: Hi, I have windows 10 laptop, I bought minecraft, i need to see the coordinates but the key fn+f3 doen't work Please help me. I try to modify into settings but there isn't nothing to change...