Windows 10: The keys 'N, M, H, J, Y, U, 6 and 7' will stop working intermittently and I can not find a...

Discus and support The keys 'N, M, H, J, Y, U, 6 and 7' will stop working intermittently and I can not find a... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Per the title, since two days ago those specific keys will sometimes stop working and I have to use the virtual keyboard to substitute. Looking at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cameron x Star, Aug 6, 2020.

1. The keys 'N, M, H, J, Y, U, 6 and 7' will stop working intermittently and I can not find a...

Per the title, since two days ago those specific keys will sometimes stop working and I have to use the virtual keyboard to substitute. Looking at the keyboard it seems to be a physical 'area' on it and not randomly spaced keys the F keys above seem fine however. I have my doubts it is a hardware problem and think it is more of a software issue because of the randomness, it will stop working no matter how hard or how much I press a key untilall the affected keys start working again.

I have not dropped my laptop or spilled any liquid on it recently. I did not have any recent system updates that could have caused it, the last one was a BIOS update a month ago and the keyboard was fine after that until now.

Some default suggestions I have tried are: deleting and reinstalling the drivers, doing a hard reset, troubleshooting, doing a hardware / component diagnostic, putting the BIOS settings to default, running the recovery manager.

:)

Cameron x Star, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Les Allen Win User

I have accidently locked these keys.

Keys that are locked, 6 7 y u h j n m.

Les Allen, Aug 6, 2020
  3. AFTommy Win User
    Keyboard keys switched

After the latest windows insider update some keys on my keyboard have changed. For example " is now @ and the opposite as well. Meaning if I want the @ key as in a email address, I must push the " key. I cant seem to find a way to reset to default. The normal keyboard default does nothing. The other changes are listed below, the errors are in bold red;

! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ +

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - =

Q W E R T Y U I O P { } ~

q w e r t y u i o p [ ] #

A S D F G H J K L : @

a s d f g h j k l ; '

Z X C V B N M < > ?

z x c v b n m , . /

AFTommy, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Krazy9188 Win User

The keys 'N, M, H, J, Y, U, 6 and 7' will stop working intermittently and I can not find a...

Key board issue

Only 1 letter on my key board will not work: I have an HP computer

A B C D E G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

Can someone please help!

Krazy9188, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

The keys 'N, M, H, J, Y, U, 6 and 7' will stop working intermittently and I can not find a...

1. The keys 'N, M, H, J, Y, U, 6 and 7' will stop working intermittently and I can not find a... - Similar Threads - keys stop working

2. some keys like u,y,h,j,n,m are not working on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some keys like u,y,h,j,n,m are not working on keyboard: I am not able to type some keys through laptop's keyboard but able to type them through virtual keyboard. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-like-uyhjnm-are-not-working-on-keyboard/366e4cc5-b3af-43dd-aa63-8e400f7fcdba
  3. some keys like u,y,h,j,n,m are not working on keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some keys like u,y,h,j,n,m are not working on keyboard: I am not able to type some keys through laptop's keyboard but able to type them through virtual keyboard. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-like-uyhjnm-are-not-working-on-keyboard/366e4cc5-b3af-43dd-aa63-8e400f7fcdba
  4. The keys 'N, M, H, J, Y, U, 6 and 7' will stop working intermittently and I can not find a...

The keys 'N, M, H, J, Y, U, 6 and 7' will stop working intermittently and I can not find a...: Per the title, since two days ago those specific keys will sometimes stop working and I have to use the virtual keyboard to substitute. Looking at the keyboard it seems to be a physical 'area' on it and not randomly spaced keys the F keys above seem fine however. I have my...
  5. The keys 'N, M, H, J, Y, U, 6 and 7' will stop working intermittently and I can not find a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The keys 'N, M, H, J, Y, U, 6 and 7' will stop working intermittently and I can not find a...: Per the title, since two days ago those specific keys will sometimes stop working and I have to use the virtual keyboard to substitute. Looking at the keyboard it seems to be a physical 'area' on it and not randomly spaced keys the F keys above seem fine however. I have my...
  6. 6, 7, y, u, h, j, n, m key not working on Asus Laptop Laptop Model Asus TuF FX 505D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    6, 7, y, u, h, j, n, m key not working on Asus Laptop Laptop Model Asus TuF FX 505D: I do not know what really caused it but i when i press it, it doesn't register. I have tried everything from this post nothing seem to work....
  7. 6, 7, y, u, h, j, n, m key not working on Asus Laptop Laptop Model Asus TuF FX 505D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    6, 7, y, u, h, j, n, m key not working on Asus Laptop Laptop Model Asus TuF FX 505D: I do not know what really caused it but i when i press it, it doesn't register. I have tried everything from this post nothing seem to work....
  8. 6, 7, y, u, h, j, n, m key not working on Asus Laptop Laptop Model Asus TuF FX 505D

9. Can I find m,y digital key on my pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I find m,y digital key on my pc?: Can I find my digital key for Windows on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-find-my-digital-key-on-my-pc/b53bf0c1-1eb2-4242-9cf0-5a82164c435f
  10. Y u no work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Y u no work: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/aivarukaz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lz5uzc/y_u_no_work/