Windows 10: The language bar went from the taskbar button to a floating box - how do I revert it?

Discus and support The language bar went from the taskbar button to a floating box - how do I revert it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Having right clicked the original button (displays ENG next to the time) and hit something I shouldn't have, I've now got to deal with a floating bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Fahmid Chowdhury, Jul 13, 2019.

1. The language bar went from the taskbar button to a floating box - how do I revert it?

Having right clicked the original button (displays ENG next to the time) and hit something I shouldn't have, I've now got to deal with a floating bar and a very unattractive, plain text button should I minimise it.

It's a massive hassle in both respects and I want the standard view. Trouble is, both the Settings app and the bar itself are as useful as a lead balloon. Anybody got ideas on how to fix it?The language bar went from the taskbar button to a floating box - how do I revert it? [​IMG] The language bar went from the taskbar button to a floating box - how do I revert it? 6fe05475-2b4a-4c4e-a70f-ee65ed522980?upload=true.png

:)

Fahmid Chowdhury, Jul 13, 2019

2. Extra language bar appearing in taskbar

I often switch between languages while typing, so I always set the language bar to be visible and floating on the desktop. This makes it more convenient to change language options while working, and saves space on the taskbar. But recently an extra language bar has appeared in the taskbar:

The language bar went from the taskbar button to a floating box - how do I revert it? [​IMG]

This wastes space on the taskbar. I would rather use that space to display other things. I only want the floating language bar, but I can't find settings anywhere to remove the taskbar langage display.
    If I minimize the floating language bar, I end up with both language bars on the taskbar:

The language bar went from the taskbar button to a floating box - how do I revert it? [​IMG]
    Any suggestions?

This is Windows 10 64-bit. I just installed Cumulative Update 1803, but this problem has existed for at least a few weeks.

ChochoYubi, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Change the width of the "Language Indicator" in the taskbar

I came to conclusion that changing font of the taskbar requires editing of the msstyles file – it's too complicated for my purpose. So, I managed to decrease font only in the Language Indicator. I did the following steps:
    Control Panel → Language → Advanced settings → check box "use the desktop language bar when it's available" → Options.
    In the Language Bar tab select "Floating on Desktop".
    After that I moved the Language Bar to the bottom of the screen in right corner and slided it to the left – it has docked itself in the taskbar:

Finally, I clicked Options (downhead arrow or right click) and unchecked "Help Button" and "Additional icons in taskbar". This is what I've got:

WerewolfGirl, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

The language bar went from the taskbar button to a floating box - how do I revert it?

Windows 10 - Language bar is missing after MSRA connection

Hi Чингиз Алматов,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. What is the build version of Windows 10 you are using?
    However, I suggest you to try this below method, and check if that helps.

Step: Check Language Bar is Hidden.

1. Press Windows logo and I key, open Settings
    2. Click on Devices
    3. Select Typing
    4. Select the option Advanced keyboard settings
    5. Then select Language bar options
    6. Check the box: Show text labels on the Language bar
    7. Then select the Language Bar tab and make sure that the
      Docked in the taskbar option is checked.
    8. Click on Apply and OK to exit, and check if that helps.

Kindly provide us the results so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

The language bar went from the taskbar button to a floating box - how do I revert it?

1. The language bar went from the taskbar button to a floating box - how do I revert it? - Similar Threads - language bar went

2. 'Floating' Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Floating' Taskbar: Win11 23H2 MAY be coming with a 'floating' taskbar somewhat like what is seen below. In this case, the Sys Tray can be seen by hovering at its location bottom-right corner.Cheers,Drew...
  3. Floating button/dialog box issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Floating button/dialog box issue: HI,This item has appeared on Microsoft Word a few times. I can not perform any other actions while it is there. I can not exit or save documents. The only way to get rid of it is to end task in the task manager risking losing my work. Why does this happen and how can I get...
  4. Floating button/dialog box issue

Floating button/dialog box issue: HI,This item has appeared on Microsoft Word a few times. I can not perform any other actions while it is there. I can not exit or save documents. The only way to get rid of it is to end task in the task manager risking losing my work. Why does this happen and how can I get...
  5. floating bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    floating bar: I have this weard floating bar at my screen and i dont know how to get rid of it. Can some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/floating-bar/22b8c44b-0d3c-4514-a3b0-d4a228313421
  6. floating bar

floating bar: I have this weard floating bar at my screen and i dont know how to get rid of it. Can some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/floating-bar/22b8c44b-0d3c-4514-a3b0-d4a228313421
  7. floating bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. taskbar floating

taskbar floating: Why my taskbar looks like floating? Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-floating/f1d00215-3150-4741-8ba9-b3a66b5d3fb3
  9. A floating language bar disappears when I switch to Japanese

A floating language bar disappears when I switch to Japanese: Video: https://vimeo.com/583538026Also, I noticed that option "Use the desktop language bar when it's available" turns off when I switch to Japanese.I'd like to fix this issue somehow....
  10. Language bar disappears from taskbar

Language bar disappears from taskbar: I tried many times to fix the problem through language setting and audio play troubleshoot and language bar appears on the taskbar. But once I sign out, language icon disappears. I know by pressing Microsoft logo and space, I get the languages I installed. Some advise to...