Windows 10: The language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your PC isn't...

Discus and support The language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your PC isn't... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have several workstations on our network that I cannot upgrade to 1809. All of these workstations exhibit the same issue. They all have 1803 install,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Johan L. Pingree, Oct 6, 2018.

1. The language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your PC isn't...

I have several workstations on our network that I cannot upgrade to 1809. All of these workstations exhibit the same issue. They all have 1803 install, when I attempt to install 1809 via the MediaCreationTool1809.exe I get the following message: A newer version of this tool is available. You must download and run the latest version to continue. WTF! this message makes no since the MediaCreationTool1809.exe tool is the latest version! Moving on; besides that message it provides a link == Download the updated Media Creation Tool , which I then use and it takes me here -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10, where upon I click the Download tool now button it starts to download the MediaCreationTool1803.exe tool! Well these computer ALREADY have 1803 installed!! OK, I will play along and try to use that tool. When I execute said tool I get the following message: The language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your PC isn't supported by this tool.

I need someone smarted than me to clarify and provide a fix for these workstations so I can get 1809 installed on them.

NOTE: these are all Pro versions on a domain and the hardware and applications varies between these workstations.

Thank you! The language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your PC isn't... :)

:)

Johan L. Pingree, Oct 6, 2018
  2. eesha025 Win User

Not able to install Windows 10 "the language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your PC is not supported by this tool."

Original title: installation of windows 10

i want to install windows 10. my PC is preinstalled windows 8.1.whenever i install windows 10 it shows "this tool can`t upgrade your PC the language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your PC is not supported by this tool."

please help me

eesha025, Oct 6, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Erdeslawe Win User

The language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your PC isn't...

the language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your pc isn't supported by this tool

The answer is in the Version of Windows 8.1 you are running. It isn't listed as qualifying for the 'free' Windows 10 upgrade, so isn't directly supported by the media creation utility.

Erdeslawe, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

The language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your PC isn't...

1. The language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your PC isn't... - Similar Threads - language edition version

2. "The bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your current version of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your current version of...: i have encrypted my memory card via Bitlocker, windows feature. But now i am unbale to decrypt it. When i double click on the drive, it says "The bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your current version of windows. Try opening the drive using a newer...
  3. "The bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your current version of...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "The bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your current version of...: i have encrypted my memory card via Bitlocker, windows feature. But now i am unbale to decrypt it. When i double click on the drive, it says "The bitlocker encryption on this drive is not compatible with your current version of windows. Try opening the drive using a newer...
  4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition PC is currently not available in your account....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition PC is currently not available in your account....: Hello, I just installed Skyrim on my Windows 10 PC from the Microsoft Store via Game Pass, and this shows up. It says I don't have the privileges to access it, but I have a subscription to the PC Game Pass. Why can I not play the game, and is there any work-around? Here's the...
  5. This tool can’t upgrade your PC – Language or Edition isn’t supported

in Windows 10 News
    This tool can’t upgrade your PC – Language or Edition isn’t supported: [ATTACH]Some PC users are reporting they encounter the error message This tool can’t upgrade […] This article This tool can’t upgrade your PC – Language or Edition isn’t supported first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Can't install current version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install current version of windows 10: Hello! I currently have version 1903 installed and I can't seem to get any version after this installed I've tried several versions. Windows update says that I'm "up to date" but that I can install version 1909, when I do this it completes the install without any errors and...
  7. Install Original Version/Edition

Install Original Version/Edition: Hi Everyone. I have an HP Omen (latest Ryzen model) that came with Windows 10 Home. I wanted Pro because I needed some of the features. I usually to upgrade via the store, but don't know how long I'm keeping this laptop so I bought an upgrade key off eBay. Now I can't...
  8. Your PC has a driver or service that isn't ready for this version of Windows 10. No action...

Your PC has a driver or service that isn't ready for this version of Windows 10. No action...: Hi I just recently tried to update windows but then this message popped up. How do I fix it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pc-has-a-driver-or-service-that-isnt-ready/1138ae5d-e841-4e82-8ab0-92916590c85f
  9. Your PC has a driver or service that isn't ready for this version od windows 10

Your PC has a driver or service that isn't ready for this version od windows 10: Hi, recently 1903 version of windows is released and while trying to upgrade a new window appears saying what needs your attention. [ATTACH] So it says this pc cant be upgraded because of that driver or service. then it says no action needed. what do I infer from...
  10. your current version of windows might be installed in an unsupported

your current version of windows might be installed in an unsupported: Getting the following trying to update my Win 10 Pro X64 VM to th2. [img] I have not relocated anything on this VM, all is stock standard as installed. Program files directory entries are default, unchanged. Ditto for all User directories. [img] I running the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the language or edition of the version

2. windows 8.1 enterprise upgrade language or edition not supported

3. this tool cant update your pc the language or edition of the version of windows

4. the langguage or edition of the version of windows curently installed on your pc isn,
  5. windows 8.1 the language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your pc isnt supported by this tool,
  6. language or edition of the version of windows,
  7. language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your pc,
  8. the language or edition of the version of windows currently installed on your pc isnt supported by this tool