Windows 10: The laptop cannot connect to WiFi

Discus and support The laptop cannot connect to WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,My laptop is no longer connecting to Wifi. When it rarely connects, it doesn't last long and the signal is always very low, from all networks. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MildredRiggs, Apr 23, 2021.

1. The laptop cannot connect to WiFi

Hello,My laptop is no longer connecting to Wifi. When it rarely connects, it doesn't last long and the signal is always very low, from all networks. I can connect the same networks on other portable devices.Currently, I can only access the Internet through a cable connected directly to the network. Wifi does not work. What should I do to correct things?

:)

MildredRiggs, Apr 23, 2021

2. Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Apr 23, 2021
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Apr 23, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

The laptop cannot connect to WiFi

Internet through wifi connection

Hi Sammy,

A few possible reasons can cause WiFi connection issues. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Can you connect to the WiFi hotspot of your router? If yes, what is the status of the connection?
    • Does your laptop automatically connect to the WiFi? Do you need to type a password when connecting?
    • Can your laptop detect other WiFi hotspots around your location?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter while connected using WiFi. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

The laptop cannot connect to WiFi

1. The laptop cannot connect to WiFi - Similar Threads - laptop cannot connect

2. Cannot connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Wifi: I have a many Windows 10 machines in the network which all connect to the same Wi-Fi network. However, I have one Windows 10 device which cannot connect to the same network all the other devices can connect to. I try to manually configure the network or use the autoconnect...
  3. Cannot connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot connect to Wifi: I have a many Windows 10 machines in the network which all connect to the same Wi-Fi network. However, I have one Windows 10 device which cannot connect to the same network all the other devices can connect to. I try to manually configure the network or use the autoconnect...
  4. Cannot connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to WiFi: Hello,I’m currently having problems with internet connection with WiFi on Windows of my desktop. It is saying “No Internet, open” when I try to connect it. I ran a troubleshooting, and it says “Windows can’t communicate with the device or resourceprimary DNS server”Also, I...
  5. Cannot connect to Wifi

Cannot connect to Wifi: I have done everything, run most commands, reset my pc thrice, uninstall windows update, but nothing works. Wifi shows available network but refuses to connect Windows 10 2004. 'Can't connect to this network'. This started happening randomly today. I have checked the WLAN...
  6. Cannot Connect to wifi

Cannot Connect to wifi: I have an HP Pavilion x360 and when I troubleshoot the wifi I get the message the intelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems how do I fix this?...
  7. Cannot connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot connect to Wifi: Hi there, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post for this sort of error, but my laptop has been unable to connect to the Wifi for the past day. It's not my own Wifi that is at fault as other devices are able to. When I tried to troubleshoot my computer...
  8. Cannot connect to wifi

Cannot connect to wifi: I cannot connect to wifi my hotspot comes up n when I connect it asked for a network security number and does that for every network i try to connect to. I troubleshoot and it says I have no preferred wireless networks. Plz help...
  9. cannot connect laptop to wifi

cannot connect laptop to wifi: im having a very frustrating time trying to connect my laptop to wifi. it was working great only a couple of days ago. i ran the troubleshooter and says that wifi capability is disabled, luckily, however, my laptop keyboard doesn't work at all!!! ive been using an external...
  10. Cannot connect to wifi

Cannot connect to wifi: Hello, I'm running a Surface Pro 3. I use it for work and my personal life. At work, we have three different wifi connections. My preferred one is the "guest" wifi. I've been using it since I got my Surface almost 2 years ago. I've never had an issue. Two days ago, I noticed...