Windows 10: The laptop's keyboard typing automatically

Discus and support The laptop's keyboard typing automatically in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings,I am using an Asus laptop which has Windows 11 installed on it. It was working fine until today when I saw some malfunctioning in the laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MausamBahar, Aug 5, 2022.

1. The laptop's keyboard typing automatically

Greetings,I am using an Asus laptop which has Windows 11 installed on it. It was working fine until today when I saw some malfunctioning in the laptop. I closed every app. But something was going wrong. I thought of giving a restart. When I opened the start menu the search bar was filled with the number '6' and I couldn't stop it typing. But I restarted the laptop and the problem occurred at the lock screen too!. Unable to sign in even. But luckily it stops after some time and then I can at least type what I want rather than the auto 6.So, now the auto typing of 6 only occurs at the sign-in sc

:)

MausamBahar, Aug 5, 2022

2. Laptop keyboard typing 2 characters

Thanks, Sanjay. Laptop keyboards usually require a replacement in their lifetime, so I suggest contacting the manufacturer for the next steps.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Aug 5, 2022
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 5, 2022
  4. The laptop's keyboard typing automatically

Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

The laptop's keyboard typing automatically

1. The laptop's keyboard typing automatically - Similar Threads - laptop's keyboard typing

2. Keyboard typing semicolon automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard typing semicolon automatically: One buttonsemicolon of my laptop keyboard keep automatically typing on its own.But it isn't working generally.When i want to use my keyboard, it often keeps automatically typing on its own only semicolon button.Like-...
  3. Keyboard typing keys automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard typing keys automatically: My keyboard is automatically typing letters. I tried to disable internal keyboard and use an external keyboard. But it is not disabling and the problem keeps happening. Now I can't even login. Because the on screen keyboard is also not working. By the looks of the on screen...
  4. Keyboard typing keys automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard typing keys automatically: My keyboard is automatically typing letters. I tried to disable internal keyboard and use an external keyboard. But it is not disabling and the problem keeps happening. Now I can't even login. Because the on screen keyboard is also not working. By the looks of the on screen...
  5. The laptop's keyboard typing automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The laptop's keyboard typing automatically: Greetings,I am using an Asus laptop which has Windows 11 installed on it. It was working fine until today when I saw some malfunctioning in the laptop. I closed every app. But something was going wrong. I thought of giving a restart. When I opened the start menu the search...
  6. Keyboard automatically types

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard automatically types: The keyboard types the number 1 automatically .. due to this I'm not even to type password from keyboard instead using on screen keyboard , which is really tough. I got this 1111111111111111111111111111111111111111problem all of the sudden. if i open a new tab it...
  7. Keyboard automatically types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard automatically types: The keyboard types the number 1 automatically .. due to this I'm not even to type password from keyboard instead using on screen keyboard , which is really tough. I got this 1111111111111111111111111111111111111111problem all of the sudden. if i open a new tab it...
  8. Keyboard automatically types

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. My Laptop Keyboard types automatically and mouse is suffering.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Laptop Keyboard types automatically and mouse is suffering.: Hello, I bought an ASUS FX505-GD GTX 1050, 8GB, 1TB HDD last year in Nov. 2019,I have been using it till now. But in February, I unexpectedly did something due to which I lost my Original OS, and I have OEM Product Key. But after that I had installed a copy of Windows OS...
  10. Keyboard typing ,,,, automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keyboard typing ,,,, automatically: Hello community, I am facing a problem with my lenovo ideapad 310 laptop keyboard. A day back, it automatically started ,,,,,,, this and i am not able to write anything . I used malwarebyte to find malware an virus and i found 10 files which i quarintited and then deleted ....