Windows 10: The Last backup date is not updated

Discus and support The Last backup date is not updated in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The Backup and Restore (Window 7) works well before. Recently the Last backup date stopped at 4/8/2019, even though the backup has performed after that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KarenWend, May 2, 2019.

1. KarenWend Win User

The Last backup date is not updated

The Backup and Restore (Window 7) works well before. Recently the Last backup date stopped at 4/8/2019, even though the backup has performed after that day. I set the backup schedule at Every day. The Next backup date is updated. I think it is not related to incorrect date settings in the computer. (I read the date settings in another post).

:)

KarenWend, May 2, 2019

2. Outlook Out of date Settings

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • What is the exact issues you are facing?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 2, 2019
  3. Bokenzhe Win User
    Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• The Last backup date is not updated [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, May 2, 2019
  4. PirateBoy Win User

Upcoming PC games release dates (US)

I prefer alphabetical myself as some are totally TBA I guess. Don't know, not my list. Could even be sorted into a Genre - Release Date - Alphabetical order. Then again alphabetical is easy enough. Make some suggestions to the OP.

PirateBoy, May 2, 2019
Thema:

1. The Last backup date is not updated - Similar Threads - Last backup date

2. Folder properties don't have last modified date and last accessed date/time attributes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder properties don't have last modified date and last accessed date/time attributes: Folders in windows explorer are not showing last modified and last accessed time/date but only creation time/date while files are showing all three attributes. No matter what change I make to any folder e.g. changing name or date inside it its modification time will never be...
  3. Windows 10 "last backup date"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 "last backup date": In the last weeks win 10 last backup date is not updated. It seems that backups are performed and backup data is updated, new records are added. The issue was reported in:...
  4. net user last logon date

in Windows 10 Customization
    net user last logon date: Is it possible to clear the last date of logon? For example, if I did "net user John", it would show a bunch of information, including the date of the last logon. Can I clear that in any way?...
  5. the last scan date, intermittently reverts back to an earlier date

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the last scan date, intermittently reverts back to an earlier date: why would windows 10 / update and security / windows security / virus & threat protection / current threats - last scan date, intermittently revert back to an earlier date, (usually 11/18/18)???...this is after it had been updated the previous day, in this case on 8/18/19......
  6. Finding a photo by last modified date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Finding a photo by last modified date: How do I find a photo by create date/last modified date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-a-photo-by-last-modified-date/5f89975a-7e0a-4094-ae0e-b80c57b0c0d5"
  7. Batch backup & change write date

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch backup & change write date: I use a batch file to back up a directory, updating the same directory each week for a month. I then rename it to include the date "Allback180822" and archive it. Code: REM Backup of C:\All to Z:\Allbak xcopy C:\all\* Z:\Allbak\* /C /D /E /I /Y echo Done! cmd /k ::keep window...
  8. Windows 10 "last backup date"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 "last backup date": Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. I use Windows 10 Backup set to daily backups. The last backup date never increments. Images shows today's dates on my machine. BTW, I only want to know why this is, I don't need advice on how to run backups etc. Many thanks and Happy New...
  9. Macrium last incremental backup file

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium last incremental backup file: Hi, If last Macrium incremental file is deleted, creating a new incremental on same full, will work with existing full & incrementals properly? I just want to delete the last incremental, replacing it with a new one. THX! 118943
  10. Windows 10 where is date of last backup shown?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 where is date of last backup shown?: Simply, where is the date of my last backup shown on windows 10. It shows the backups are "on" but never shows the date of the last backup, so how do I know if the backup is really working??...