Windows 10: The last cumulative update ruined audio in games

Discus and support The last cumulative update ruined audio in games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, some days ago I normally updated my OS. Legit cumulative update showed up - .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for 1903, 64x typed processors, build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kyanni, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Kyanni Win User

The last cumulative update ruined audio in games

Hello,

some days ago I normally updated my OS. Legit cumulative update showed up - .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for 1903, 64x typed processors, build 18362.356. This once hapenned in may this year, the audio after this update seems like it's broken in certain games (Overwatch for example). It sounds like all the things are happening behind my back even though they are clearly not.

TLDR, it sounds like I'm using some old headphones without 7.1.

Anyone having same issue and found out solution?

:)

Kyanni, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Kyanni Win User

Hello,

some days ago I normally updated my OS. Legit cumulative update showed up - .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for 1903, 64x typed processors, build 18362.356. This once hapenned in may this year, the audio after this update seems like it's broken in certain games (Overwatch for example). It sounds like all the things are happening behind my back even though they are clearly not.

TLDR, it sounds like I'm using some old headphones without 7.1.

Anyone having same issue and found out solution?

Kyanni, Oct 6, 2019
  3. sandyt Win User

Microsoft has received reports that audio in certain games is quieter or different than expected after installing this update. At the request of some of our audio partners, we implemented a compatibility change that enabled certain games to query support and render multi-channel audio. Due to customer feedback, we are reverting this change as some games and some devices are not rendering multi-channel audio as expected. This may result in games sounding different than customers are used to and may have missing channels.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...date-kb4515384

sandyt, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Kyanni Win User

Yeah, I know it sounds like trash because of this. Do we know when it's gonna be reverted?

Kyanni, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

1. The last cumulative update ruined audio in games - Similar Threads - last cumulative update

2. Windows update ruined my audio system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update ruined my audio system: After I updated my laptop to the newest updates of Windows 11, my audio system was uninstalled, and it remains to say "Audio device not installed". I have tried updating the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and restarting my PC. Nothing whatsoever worked.If...
  3. New Audio Update Ruined Bass On Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Audio Update Ruined Bass On Headphones: Hello there, so recently I downloaded an update from Windows update for my headphones and I realised that the bass isn't as punchy as before like for example when I listen to music the bass isn't as immersive as before. May you please help? Thank You!!...
  4. New Audio Update Ruined Bass On Headphones

New Audio Update Ruined Bass On Headphones: Hello there, so recently I downloaded an update from Windows update for my headphones and I realised that the bass isn't as punchy as before like for example when I listen to music the bass isn't as immersive as before. May you please help? Thank You!!...
  5. Windows updates ruined my soundcard audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates ruined my soundcard audio: A bunch of updates came in. After, my audio on the computer is now flat and miserable poor quality. I tried to rollback audio drivers and it did not seem to help.This is what came in today as far as audio is concerned. How can I undo the changes this made to my system so I...
  6. The last Windows 10 update ruined everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The last Windows 10 update ruined everything: After I opted two nights ago to "Update and Shut Down," my PC opens with a generic empty desktop and much of my data and programs deleted.In addition, the tools to deal with these problems are unavailable: I cannot type anything into Search on the toolbar...I cannot get to...
  7. The last Windows 10 update ruined everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The last Windows 10 update ruined everything: After I opted two nights ago to "Update and Shut Down," my PC opens with a generic empty desktop and much of my data and programs deleted.In addition, the tools to deal with these problems are unavailable: I cannot type anything into Search on the toolbar...I cannot get to...
  8. The last Windows 10 update ruined everything

9. After last Cumulative Update game stoped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After last Cumulative Update game stoped working.: I bought and used for about a week Survivalcraft 2 on the Store. And Full Version was working just fine. Then Windows executed last 2020-04 Cumulative Update, restarted and... game returned to Trial Mode meaning it doesn't me do much anymore. Tryed everything I know,...
  10. Windows10 - last update ruined Hello - and other applications

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows10 - last update ruined Hello - and other applications: I tried all suggested ways published on the forum Since the latest upgrade to 1809 - 17763.348, I cannot access to my Surface Studio with face recognition anymore. Tried to delete and reinstall it - it does not even react - stays still - tried to find the thru the device...