Windows 10: The last few Windows updates have made my wifi and printer to stop working

Discus and support The last few Windows updates have made my wifi and printer to stop working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The last few Windows updates have made my wifi and printer to stop working. I have to manually remove updates every time you guys mess up my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jadenmoore, Aug 3, 2020.

1. The last few Windows updates have made my wifi and printer to stop working

The last few Windows updates have made my wifi and printer to stop working. I have to manually remove updates every time you guys mess up my computer. What's going on, its a huge waste of time every month dealing with this ****!!!!

:)

Jadenmoore, Aug 3, 2020
  2. rmdial Win User

Having trouble deleting printer

I have had a Canon Pixma MX850 for several years and it has been a workhorse. Recently I purchased a Canon Pixma MX492 for the added wifi capability. Under no circumstances am I able to remove the MX850 from the Printers and Devices menu. I have been on the phone with Microsoft and Canon several hours over the last week. It still sits there as I type this. When I install the MX492 and update drivers, it still does not show on the printers list and is not recognized when I try to add a printer to the list.

The Canon tech I spoke to suggested there might be a corrupt file or malware somewhere not allowing the removal of the MX850. He suggested I create a new Admin account which would create a new registry and see how that worked. I did that and the MX492 shows up on the printers list and is the default printer.

When I am on my old admin sign on where the MX850 shows up, I can print in Word and Quicken on the MX492 even though it does not show as a printer on the printer page.

So, what to do?

Thanks in advance.

rmdial, Aug 3, 2020
  3. rdwray Win User
    Printer doesn't work anymore after the last Windows update

@Berton do you have update KB4557957 installed?

rdwray, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

The last few Windows updates have made my wifi and printer to stop working

Can't get my HP Printer to work on Windows 10

Greg,

I am having the same issues with my HP3600n Color LaserJet not working after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have followed your November 8th Post, details below:

Step 1 - Plug printer in by USB, power on printer, watch for animation in System Tray shown while searching for driver.

• There was no animation in the system try after plugging in the USB cable and powering on the printer.

Click on it to monitor driver install. It may ask to go to Windows Update to pull in the driver.

Step 2 - Type Devices and Printers in Start Search box, open location, do you see the printer there?

• Yes. The printer is listed.
    • Set as Default, if it won't print right click to Troubleshoot.
      • The printer responds to a print request but, instead of printing the sent job it prints out a PCL error as follows:
    PCL XL error

Subsystem KERNEL

Error: IllegalTag

Operator: 0x98

Position: 3

Step 4 - Typed "Update" in Start Search box, Check for Updates, install all including Recommended, expediting restart when requested, going back to Check for more until none are offered.

• Received notification "Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, 2:52 PM (it is now 2:52 PM)

Did the printer driver arrive? No.

Step 5 - Download the basic driver (if no scan) or software (if scanning needed) package for the printer from the HP Support Downloads webpage for your exact make/model. Install the software with the printer USB unplugged, wait for it to prompt to plug
    it in.

Let us know how this works. It may require a few extra steps.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03515691

• Downloaded Dot4x64.msi from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

• Downloaded HP_CLJ3600_64Bit_HB.exe from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

So, at this point, I have followed all steps with no success. I can "see" the printer in Devices and Printers however, the printer ICON doesn't look like a HP3600n, it is the Windows default printer ICON. Normally when the properly drivers are installed
    the ICON is customized to look like the installed device or printer.

Do you have any other suggestions that I might try?

Thanks!

Dave Williams

Tenforo, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

The last few Windows updates have made my wifi and printer to stop working

1. The last few Windows updates have made my wifi and printer to stop working - Similar Threads - last few updates

2. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10: Laptop Wifi stops working and will not reappear. I've already tried resetting and troubleshootingWifi will always return after rebooting/turning on but will disappear after a few minutes and won't come back without reboot....
  3. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10: Laptop Wifi stops working and will not reappear. I've already tried resetting and troubleshootingWifi will always return after rebooting/turning on but will disappear after a few minutes and won't come back without reboot....
  4. The last windows update made my toolbar nonresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The last windows update made my toolbar nonresponsive: Hi, the last update made it so that my windows key, toolbar, start menu basically everything stop working. I have tried restarting the windows explorer as well as going through powershell and none of it worked. Even my nvidia drivers say they are no longer compatible with my...
  5. recent updates have stopped printer from working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recent updates have stopped printer from working: I use my printer daily for work. Just before last weekend I developed printer issues. I did the whole remove printer, reinstall, check drivers, maintenance etc, nothing. Searched online and see it was an update issue. Thing is, I updated to v. 2004 in part of my effort...
  6. last windows 10 update usb printer stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    last windows 10 update usb printer stopped working: last windows 10 update usb printer stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-windows-10-update-usb-printer-stopped-working/343db49e-6451-4825-ae8d-4af415b31830
  7. printer not working after last Windows update

printer not working after last Windows update: My laser printer won't work after the last Windows update. My inkjet printer still works. How do I get my laser printer TallyGenicom Intelliprint 9035 working?...
  8. Update KB4561621 -has made my Brother printer NOT work

Update KB4561621 -has made my Brother printer NOT work: Hi, There is a problem with this update. The Windows 10 update KB 4561621 has done 'something' and now my Brother MFC-J615W printer no longer print. On running the troubleshoot it all looks OK /no errors found. You go to print and the document briefly appears in the...
  9. Printer stopped working via WiFi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer stopped working via WiFi: My printer Kodak Verite 50 worked well via wireless connection. But I changed the router id and password. After that my printer is not working via wifi. Please help me to resume wireless printing....
  10. My Printer is not working after the last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Printer is not working after the last update: My Printer is not working after the last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-is-not-working-after-the-last-update/1ab3b54a-c034-48da-8855-bc1ef2da884d