Windows 10: The last two Windows upgrades locked both of my laptops.

Discus and support The last two Windows upgrades locked both of my laptops. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was able to restore orginal windows 7 on Ausus, but my Toshiba just buffers and buffers, never gets to a blue screen. How do I .1l. get my Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Doc-A6915, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Doc-A6915 Win User

The last two Windows upgrades locked both of my laptops.

I was able to restore orginal windows 7 on Ausus, but my Toshiba just buffers and buffers, never gets to a blue screen. How do I .1l. get my Windows 7 back to my most recient copy of Windows 10, and What can stop the balck screen and log on to the Windows 10 that was on it?

:)

Doc-A6915, Feb 13, 2020

2. Can't upgrade laptop to Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried Windows Defender and discovered it was not turned on and when I tried to turn it on it would quickly turn itself off again. I used another anti-virus program to check out the laptop but it found no problem. Obviously this laptop has some problems.

My next step is to put the original drive back into the machine and try the Windows 10 upgrade from that and if that also fails do a restore of this laptop to the original Windows 7.

alkaufmann, Feb 13, 2020
  3. No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Feb 13, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. The last two Windows upgrades locked both of my laptops. - Similar Threads - last upgrades locked

2. I have two laptops both running Windows 10. I am able to see both laptops on the network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have two laptops both running Windows 10. I am able to see both laptops on the network...: There is no topic for network sharing in the drop down list. Basically, one of my laptops can access the other one, but the other one does not see the first one on the network....
  3. I have two laptops both running Windows 10. I am able to see both laptops on the network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two laptops both running Windows 10. I am able to see both laptops on the network...: There is no topic for network sharing in the drop down list. Basically, one of my laptops can access the other one, but the other one does not see the first one on the network....
  4. I have two laptops both running Windows 10. I am able to see both laptops on the network...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Two BSOD since upgrading to 22H2 last night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two BSOD since upgrading to 22H2 last night: My computer has crashed with BSOD twice in the past hour, since I upgraded to the latest version last night. It hadn't crashed at all previously in years.I have two minidump files but don't know what to do with them?...
  6. Two BSOD since upgrading to 22H2 last night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two BSOD since upgrading to 22H2 last night: My computer has crashed with BSOD twice in the past hour, since I upgraded to the latest version last night. It hadn't crashed at all previously in years.I have two minidump files but don't know what to do with them?...
  7. Two Laptops, Windows Installed on Both, SSD Swap?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two Laptops, Windows Installed on Both, SSD Swap?: I just purchased a laptop that has a 256GB SSD installed in it. I own a laptop with a 500GB SSD installed on it. I want to use the new laptop I just purchased. If I swap both hard drives in each computer, will they both activate with the licenses on their current...
  8. Results of last two Microsoft upgrades

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Results of last two Microsoft upgrades: Why after the last two uprades can I no longer do the following: Can't log on, can't attach contacts to emails, I have go to contacts and cut and paste to my emails now, the word Autorotate keeps popping up. I am s 365 customer and it is not fair to have all these problems...
  9. Last Two Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Last Two Windows Updates: The last two automatic major windows updates have been a pain in the butt, causing several programs/apps to significantly slow down or even stop working properly altogether. Something that the computer would do almost instantaneously before, now can take anywhere from 10...
  10. I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10.: Two problems 1. I use cut and paste a lot and though this works with the paste element, it does not cut. 2. This one is more irritating, I use Windows Photos as my default viewer and a picture will open but will no longer move to the other images in my folder, the arrow...