Windows 10: "The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not...

Discus and support "The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hope someone can help as I'm really struggling. I got a new laptop before Christmas and everything has been fine on it until a couple of days ago. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kaowin, Feb 13, 2020.

1. /u/kaowin Win User

"The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not...

Hope someone can help as I'm really struggling.

I got a new laptop before Christmas and everything has been fine on it until a couple of days ago. My USB hard drive connects fine with no issues, the above message I get is for my Garmin running watch. When plugged in to the laptop, it still charges, but Windows can't recognise it to upload my runs, update software etc.

I've tried googling everything and been through some of the fixes but nothing seems to work. I have 2 USB ports and neither work, but my hard drive works in both.

Help!

submitted by /u/kaowin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kaowin, Feb 13, 2020

2. usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile "The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not... :)

zarathustra2012, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Kantastic Win User
    USB Device Not Recognized (Malfunctioned)

Doubt it, MalwareBytes came out clean.

I've tried resetting the BIOS so many times, I'll check to see if the drive shows up in the BIOS in one moment.

You know what, I connected the front header to the 1394 thing until I double checked last night and fixed it. That wasn't before I connected one thumb drive to the front USB port though... NLOGKJSHFVBSKF

The second one isn't working either and I'm 100% positive I didn't connect that one to any port until after I fixed the header.

Kantastic, Feb 13, 2020
  4. "The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not...

the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it

the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it

THIS PROBLEM IS ONLY MY OPTICLE MOUSE. OTHER USB INPUT TOOLS[DONGLES, KEY BORDS] WORK VERY WELL... how i resolve this problem?

nadunshameera, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

"The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not...

1. "The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not... - Similar Threads - last USB device

2. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...: Hi, so i recently just got a new Elgato Capture card. I Got the HD60 S and when I first got everything hooked up it was working but then I restarted my pc and I now just get and error and it says "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows...
  3. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...: Hi, so i recently just got a new Elgato Capture card. I Got the HD60 S and when I first got everything hooked up it was working but then I restarted my pc and I now just get and error and it says "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows...
  4. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  6. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  7. "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned"

"The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned": I have a SanDisk 64gb USB drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-usb-device-you-connected-to-the-computer/076f4ab1-b768-489a-bc76-edc9d0d93bed
  8. "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned": I have a SanDisk 64gb USB drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-usb-device-you-connected-to-the-computer/076f4ab1-b768-489a-bc76-edc9d0d93bed
  9. The last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...: When i connect my usb device to windows 10 i get the following error message by windows: the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. I have: Updated drivers Tried on a different computer (worked) Using a different usb...
  10. the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...: the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it THIS PROBLEM IS ONLY MY OPTICLE MOUSE. OTHER USB INPUT TOOLS[DONGLES, KEY BORDS] WORK VERY WELL... how i resolve this problem?...