Windows 10: The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...

Discus and support The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Having issues trying to connect my Samsung Tablet to my HP Laptop. It was working on my desktop PC fine and when I made the switch to laptop I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dipper303M, Jan 14, 2019.

1. The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...

Hi

Having issues trying to connect my Samsung Tablet to my HP Laptop. It was working on my desktop PC fine and when I made the switch to laptop I started to get this error. I have tried everything so hoping someone has another solution?

Windows 10

Things I have tried:

- In Device Manager, have updated all my USB drivers. They didnt need updating but tried them all

- Unistalled everything under USB and "scanned for hardware changes"

- Connected USB C from tablet to USB in laptop (yes I have tried all USB on my laptop)

- Connected USB C from tablet to Micro USB in Laptop

I can connect fine with other devices using the same USB sockets (wireless mouse/keyboard, external harddrive) and no issues.

I can hear my tablet connect to the laptop as it makes the beep noise then starts to charge. It just doesn't appear in "This PC"

I am at my wits end, someone please help.

:)

Dipper303M, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Bagoguts Win User

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Jan 14, 2019
  3. usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't... :)

zarathustra2012, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Kantastic Win User

The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...

USB Device Not Recognized (Malfunctioned)

Doubt it, MalwareBytes came out clean.

I've tried resetting the BIOS so many times, I'll check to see if the drive shows up in the BIOS in one moment.

You know what, I connected the front header to the 1394 thing until I double checked last night and fixed it. That wasn't before I connected one thumb drive to the front USB port though... NLOGKJSHFVBSKF

The second one isn't working either and I'm 100% positive I didn't connect that one to any port until after I fixed the header.

Kantastic, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...

1. The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't... - Similar Threads - last USB device

2. "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned": I have a SanDisk 64gb USB drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-usb-device-you-connected-to-the-computer/076f4ab1-b768-489a-bc76-edc9d0d93bed
  3. "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...: In this brief video that i recorded can be seen how when i turn on the computer the keyboard dosent work from start , the lights dosent turn on , the keyboard is dead and after the windows has been loading i get in the right bottom corner the message "The last USB device you...
  4. "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...: In this brief video that i recorded can be seen how when i turn on the computer the keyboard dosent work from start , the lights dosent turn on , the keyboard is dead and after the windows has been loading i get in the right bottom corner the message "The last USB device you...
  5. "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...

The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...: So I have been getting this error constantly since yesterday. I have tried all the youtube video fixes and microsoft suggested fixes too and it still doesn't work. Moreover after getting this error all my usb ports are working just fine as well as the devices. Only problem is...
  7. The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...

The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...: When I start the computer I get the Notification Pane showing me "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't recognize it" I click on this and a box appears in the screen saying that "the USB device is in Compliance Mode" And...
  8. The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...

The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...: I have tried repeatedly to fix this issue and I cannot find the correct answer. I have a USB port with the error "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't recognize it". I have uninstalled, re-installed it, check all USB ports...
  9. The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...

The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...: [ATTACH] I am faccing the above error with my wingle when i connect it with my laptop.I also connect it to another system but the problem still remains. please help me to fix the problem....
  10. The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...

The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...: Now for me this didn't start happening untill the Windows April update (big download). I have already tried all previous methods for fixing this bug. I've even reset the PC then reinstalled all my software (printer & phone). All my USB ports seem to be working OK but I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notification: the last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and the computier doesnt recognize it - what is this

2. the last usb device connected malfunctioned nothing plugged in

3. hp m605 the usb device you have connected has malfunctioned