Windows 10: The last Windows 10 update put news in my search, how do I remove it?

Discus and support The last Windows 10 update put news in my search, how do I remove it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I think it might of been there before and I removed it. Either way, after updating today it's there now on the left:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dragon3025, Feb 10, 2021.

1. The last Windows 10 update put news in my search, how do I remove it?

/u/dragon3025, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 10, 2021
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. jbailey8 Win User

The last Windows 10 update put news in my search, how do I remove it?

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

The last Windows 10 update put news in my search, how do I remove it?

1. The last Windows 10 update put news in my search, how do I remove it? - Similar Threads - last update put

2. How to remove the SEARCH MENU news feed not the one on the taskbar - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the SEARCH MENU news feed not the one on the taskbar - Windows 10: Hello everyone,I'd like to remove the annoying news feed that shows trending videos and other garbage on the search menu not the taskbar, not the start menu of Windows 10. Screenshot belowI've search extensively but can't find a solution... No relevant option when I...
  3. How to remove the SEARCH MENU news feed not the one on the taskbar - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove the SEARCH MENU news feed not the one on the taskbar - Windows 10: Hello everyone,I'd like to remove the annoying news feed that shows trending videos and other garbage on the search menu not the taskbar, not the start menu of Windows 10. Screenshot belowI've search extensively but can't find a solution... No relevant option when I...
  4. How to remove the SEARCH MENU news feed not the one on the taskbar - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I remove news from the widgets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove news from the widgets: I seem to be the last person on the planet that views Windows as a productivity too. And it is disappointing to me to see all the news/sports/entertainment/whatever **** filling up the widgets area. That is nothing but a _distraction_ that _impedes_ my productivity. I want...
  6. How do I remove news from the widgets

How do I remove news from the widgets: I seem to be the last person on the planet that views Windows as a productivity too. And it is disappointing to me to see all the news/sports/entertainment/whatever **** filling up the widgets area. That is nothing but a _distraction_ that _impedes_ my productivity. I want...
  7. What is this, who put it there and how do I remove it?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this, who put it there and how do I remove it?: A couple or three weeks ago this thing appeared on my task bar, just to the left of the Systray. What is this, who put it there and, most importantly, how do I remove it? 181021
  8. How do I remove this new news/weather thing on my taskbar in Windows 10?

How do I remove this new news/weather thing on my taskbar in Windows 10?: Hi, I just installed a few new Windows 10 updates and after restarting my computer there's this new tab on my taskbar that shows the weather and a bunch of clickbait news articles on MSN. I tried looking through my settings and right clicking my taskbar and there doesn't...
  9. How do I remove fake news from my news feed?

How do I remove fake news from my news feed?: I'm tired of seeing leftist op-ed fake-news every time I open my news feed. Give us the option to change the sites in our news feed! I'm not talking about "changing my homepage" which is the canned response that Microsoft keeps giving. I'm talking about changing the "top...
  10. How do I remove fake news from my news feed?

How do I remove fake news from my news feed?: I'm tired of seeing leftist op-ed fake-news every time I open my news feed. Give us the option to change the sites in our news feed! I'm not talking about "changing my homepage" which is the canned response that Microsoft keeps giving. I'm talking about changing the "top...