Windows 10: The last Windows Update just brought my computer speed down by 200%. I am on Windows 10....

Discus and support The last Windows Update just brought my computer speed down by 200%. I am on Windows 10.... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The last Windows 10 Update just brought my computer speed down by 200%. This happened last time as well then after about a week it magically fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jim Mundell, May 22, 2024.

1. The last Windows Update just brought my computer speed down by 200%. I am on Windows 10....

The last Windows 10 Update just brought my computer speed down by 200%. This happened last time as well then after about a week it magically fixed itself. I am on Windows 10. How do I fix this?

:)

Jim Mundell, May 22, 2024

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, May 22, 2024
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2024
  4. Ahhzz Win User

The last Windows Update just brought my computer speed down by 200%. I am on Windows 10....

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2024
Thema:

The last Windows Update just brought my computer speed down by 200%. I am on Windows 10....

1. The last Windows Update just brought my computer speed down by 200%. I am on Windows 10.... - Similar Threads - last Update brought

2. The last Windows Update just brought my computer speed down by 200%. I am on Windows 10....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The last Windows Update just brought my computer speed down by 200%. I am on Windows 10....: The last Windows 10 Update just brought my computer speed down by 200%. This happened last time as well then after about a week it magically fixed itself. I am on Windows 10. How do I fix this?...
  3. The last Windows Update just brought my computer speed down by 200%. I am on Windows 10....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The last Windows Update just brought my computer speed down by 200%. I am on Windows 10....: The last Windows 10 Update just brought my computer speed down by 200%. This happened last time as well then after about a week it magically fixed itself. I am on Windows 10. How do I fix this?...
  4. The last Windows update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The last Windows update destroyed my computer: The last Windows update almost destroyed millions of computers. Even Kim Kammado has this on her website. In my case, I no longer have the ability to record what comes into my computer, which I use daily because I am my city's historian. Does anyone know if Microsoft has come...
  5. The last Windows update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The last Windows update destroyed my computer: The last Windows update almost destroyed millions of computers. Even Kim Kammado has this on her website. In my case, I no longer have the ability to record what comes into my computer, which I use daily because I am my city's historian. Does anyone know if Microsoft has come...
  6. computer will not shut down after last windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer will not shut down after last windows 10 update: After running the Windows 10 update, my computer will not shutdown but instead goes into hibernate mode when I shutdown. When I open the lid after the shutdown, computer is already on and is at screen where I am prompted to choose the user. I want it to shutdown completely...
  7. My computer I built last year just had a BSOD, I am wondering the reason.

My computer I built last year just had a BSOD, I am wondering the reason.: I've had some issues with my graphics drivers before this, with driver timeouts and the occasional Black screen restart, but recently I have not had too many issues until this BSOD. It happened when I checked for windows update and it was installing a security intelligence...
  8. How to Speed Up Windows 10 PC {200% Working}

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Speed Up Windows 10 PC {200% Working}: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gnaneshwar_Gaddam [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jm69rf/how_to_speed_up_windows_10_pc_200_working/
  9. I brought windows 10 of amazon and i am not able to activate it

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I brought windows 10 of amazon and i am not able to activate it: i brought windows 10 of amazon for a custom pc back in 2017 and hadn't got round to activating it till now due the system not being completed and all i keep getting is error code 0xc004c060. when i brought this it came from a trusted retailer through amazon and was sealed...
  10. Last update and speed

Last update and speed: Following the last update, I was left with a black screen, my wallpaper had gone. I think I have cured this. However I continue to have a severe problem with slow speed. It worked fine until the previous update. I did a speed check with my BT Hub, and found it to be 51....