Windows 10: The latest security update has turned my desktop into a paperweight.

Discus and support The latest security update has turned my desktop into a paperweight. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have only my destop screen picture showing and the blue cirle when I put the mouse indicator on anything near the power settings on the left. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Charli_, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Charli_ Win User

The latest security update has turned my desktop into a paperweight.

I have only my destop screen picture showing and the blue cirle when I put the mouse indicator on anything near the power settings on the left.

I should be happy, I suppose, since at first all I was getting was a gray screen. I have rebooted several times to no avail. Help?!

:)

Charli_, Aug 18, 2019

2. How do i turn on my windows security services on Windows 10.

Hi Edehomon,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with turning on Windows Security services with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if third party security has disabled Windows Defender services.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "windows security services are turned off", have you installed any third party security software on the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to try to turn on Windows Defender by following steps below and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar?

2. Type "Settings" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then click on Update & security.

4. Click on Windows Defender.

5. Then try to turn on the Windows Defender services.

Note: If a third party security software is installed on the computer, then it will disable Windows Defender.

Please get back to us with an update on turning on Windows Security services with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 18, 2019
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 18, 2019
  4. The latest security update has turned my desktop into a paperweight.

Laptop turns unusable after latest windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

We have to make sure that the Windows Update is installed properly on your laptop. To check if it is installed already, please follow these steps:

• Press the Win + I buttons.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click View installed update history. The latest update should have been installed and dated last week.
    If your laptop does not have the latest update yet, you can manually get the update by following the above steps 1 and 2, then select
    Check update.

In case that your laptop has already the latest Windows Update installed, please follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

Let us know if any issues arise.

Emmanuel Gam, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

The latest security update has turned my desktop into a paperweight.

1. The latest security update has turned my desktop into a paperweight. - Similar Threads - latest security update

2. Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!: Can anyone help?Today's Feb 29th Microsoft defender update asked me for permission to make changes to my OS, and of course I said yes .. and as soon as I did, it asked for a restart which I also did, and then it went haywire and has been ever since. The processor was...
  3. Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!: Can anyone help?Today's Feb 29th Microsoft defender update asked me for permission to make changes to my OS, and of course I said yes .. and as soon as I did, it asked for a restart which I also did, and then it went haywire and has been ever since. The processor was...
  4. Latest security update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest security update: Latest security update will not allow me to connect via VPN to my work database had to uninstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-security-update/012a6145-8482-4ad1-a244-813af2eaaa6a
  5. Latest security update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest security update: Latest security update will not allow me to connect via VPN to my work database had to uninstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-security-update/012a6145-8482-4ad1-a244-813af2eaaa6a
  6. Latest security update

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Is my surface a paperweight now?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is my surface a paperweight now?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/the-real-rocknrolla [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gpuiq3/is_my_surface_a_paperweight_now/
  8. Latest security update has broken my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest security update has broken my laptop: I had a notification that a security update had to be applied to Windows 10 so I did so and my usb keyboard and mouse no longer work. The updates were KB4532693 and security update KB4538674. I uninstalled the first update which didn't change anything but was then unable to...
  9. Latest Windows 10 update has enlarged my desktop - HELP!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Windows 10 update has enlarged my desktop - HELP!: Latest update has made my desktop wallpaper larger than my monitor, so that files saved to desktop are essentially "tucked beyond" the margins of my monitor. If I open a program or webpage to full screen, I cannot access the buttons at top right to minimize the window either...
  10. April 2018 update turned my laptop into a paperweight.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    April 2018 update turned my laptop into a paperweight.: Since i was going to be away for 4 days, I let MS dowload and attempt to install the Spring 2018 update. When I returned home and looked at my laptop, all that was on the screen is a gray background with the little spinning circular arrow spinning happily away. I...