Windows 10: The latest security update has turned my desktop into a paperweight.

Discus and support The latest security update has turned my desktop into a paperweight. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have only my destop screen picture showing and the blue cirle when I put the mouse indicator on anything near the power settings on the left. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Charli_, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Charli_ Win User

The latest security update has turned my desktop into a paperweight.

I have only my destop screen picture showing and the blue cirle when I put the mouse indicator on anything near the power settings on the left.

I should be happy, I suppose, since at first all I was getting was a gray screen. I have rebooted several times to no avail. Help?!

:)

Charli_, Aug 18, 2019

2. How do i turn on my windows security services on Windows 10.

Hi Edehomon,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with turning on Windows Security services with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if third party security has disabled Windows Defender services.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "windows security services are turned off", have you installed any third party security software on the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to try to turn on Windows Defender by following steps below and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar?

2. Type "Settings" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then click on Update & security.

4. Click on Windows Defender.

5. Then try to turn on the Windows Defender services.

Note: If a third party security software is installed on the computer, then it will disable Windows Defender.

Please get back to us with an update on turning on Windows Security services with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 18, 2019
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 18, 2019
  4. The latest security update has turned my desktop into a paperweight.

Laptop turns unusable after latest windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

We have to make sure that the Windows Update is installed properly on your laptop. To check if it is installed already, please follow these steps:

• Press the Win + I buttons.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click View installed update history. The latest update should have been installed and dated last week.
    If your laptop does not have the latest update yet, you can manually get the update by following the above steps 1 and 2, then select
    Check update.

In case that your laptop has already the latest Windows Update installed, please follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

Let us know if any issues arise.

Emmanuel Gam, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

The latest security update has turned my desktop into a paperweight.

1. The latest security update has turned my desktop into a paperweight. - Similar Threads - latest security update

2. The latest Windows update has bricked my HP laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The latest Windows update has bricked my HP laptop: I was just installing the latest Windows updates. They failed, so I tried to run it manually. It asked to restart, which I've done. As a result, I get the ibitial losing screen, followed by a blank screen. I can hear the fan ticking away, but nothing else. I'm on a HP...
  3. latest windows 10 update has kiiled my audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    latest windows 10 update has kiiled my audio: Please help, I've tried the online fixes, Windows 10 has mucked up my NEW pc good and proper https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-windows-10-update-has-kiiled-my-audio/cccc4067-1712-4c03-85ac-0b95c0c88adb
  4. Latest windows update; won’t turn on

Latest windows update; won’t turn on: Hi, i recently allowed my comouter to update and shut down. When intried to turn it back on, i get an error that brings me to a menu to restore the comuter, use a drive/cd to reinstall, go to wondows or **** down. None of those options are working. Also, the CD tray keeps...
  5. Latest Update has wiped all files

Latest Update has wiped all files: After doing latest update on closing my desktop it seems all files have been wiped. After signing in I just get a black screen with only recycle bin on it and 1 or 2 on the taskbar at bottom of screen that don't do anything. Is there anyway to solve this have tried going back...
  6. My desktop has gone haywire!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop has gone haywire!!!!!!!: I just finally updated to Windows 10 Insider Preview 17758.1 (rs5_release), but now, half of my taskbar pinned icons are missing, plus everything on my desktop is labeled with a white piece of paper, except for recycle bin. Anybody please help me? It's an Acer Aspire...
  7. April 2018 update turned my laptop into a paperweight.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    April 2018 update turned my laptop into a paperweight.: Since i was going to be away for 4 days, I let MS dowload and attempt to install the Spring 2018 update. When I returned home and looked at my laptop, all that was on the screen is a gray background with the little spinning circular arrow spinning happily away. I...
  8. Latest Update Has Ruined My Recording Abilities

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Update Has Ruined My Recording Abilities: Hello, I use my PC mostly for recording music but the latest Windows update has interfered with my USB analog to digital device (Focusrite Scarelett 2i2 1st gen) Since the update my PC still recognizes the 2i2 but recording programs like Audacity and Acoustica now say...
  9. Latest update shrunk my desktop icons & text

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest update shrunk my desktop icons & text: Hi guys/girls Bit of a strange one here which has affected both my windows 10 pro desktop and laptop. After updating, desktop 10 days ago and laptop this morning, all the desktop icons and text shrunk on both machines, the layout also changed too, with all the icons...
  10. Latest update shrunk my desktop icons/text

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update shrunk my desktop icons/text: Hi guys/girls Bit of a strange one here which has affected both my windows 10 pro desktop and laptop. After updating, desktop 10 days ago and laptop this morning, all the desktop icons and text shrunk on both machines, the layout also changed too, with all the icons...