Windows 10: The latest update disabled the volume control on the taskbar

Discus and support The latest update disabled the volume control on the taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After doing the November 2020 update, I cannot right or left click on the volume control on the taskbar to change the volume. I use this constantly so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RiverMiss, Nov 16, 2020.

1. RiverMiss Win User

The latest update disabled the volume control on the taskbar

After doing the November 2020 update, I cannot right or left click on the volume control on the taskbar to change the volume. I use this constantly so this is a bummer. I have to go to settings to change the volume currently which is quite inconvenient. Anyone having the same problem or a workaround? Thanks.

:)

RiverMiss, Nov 16, 2020

2. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Taskbar volume control gone after Windows 10 update

Hi Daniel,

Have you tried checking if the Volume icon on the Notifications & actions settings is turned on?

Here's how:

• Click on Start, then select Settings.
    • Go to Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • Check if the Volume is On.

You can also check Jesinta Rozario's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Nov 16, 2020
  4. The latest update disabled the volume control on the taskbar

Disabling the volume control banner on PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to remove the volume control banner on your PC.

This issue started after the latest version of Chrome was released. However, we can disable the banner by changing some settings in Chrome browser. Kindly follow the steps below to fix the issue.

1. Open Google Chrome.
    2. Now type in the following command on the address bar:

chrome://flags/#hardware-media-key-handling
    3. Under Hardware Media Key Handling select the drop down to
      Disabled
    4. Restart Chrome

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

The latest update disabled the volume control on the taskbar

1. The latest update disabled the volume control on the taskbar - Similar Threads - latest update disabled

2. Disable Application Name when using Volume Control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Application Name when using Volume Control: Hi all, I stream and record, and when I adjust the volume of my gaming PC it displays the name of a window on my desktop. If this was just the currently-focused application, then that'd be alright but not ideal, but it seems to default to browser windows first, spotify...
  3. Taskbar volume control stopped responding.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taskbar volume control stopped responding.: I loaded Windows version 2004. Now my taskbar speaker volume icon won't respond. Is this a known problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-volume-control-stopped-responding/0c8e19d2-8eaf-46fe-8c5f-545dd9629786
  4. How to disable the large volume control?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable the large volume control?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MeronDC [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/had5u7/how_to_disable_the_large_volume_control/
  5. taskbar volume control icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar volume control icon: cannot adjust volume from taskbar icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-volume-control-icon/79214b7a-9a50-4e39-925c-968b6aa8fc5b
  6. Volume Control Icon on Taskbar Not Working Intermittently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume Control Icon on Taskbar Not Working Intermittently: Intermittently, after boot up, The Volume Control Icon on the Taskbar does not work when you left click on it. Nothing happens. You have to go into Task Manager and restart Explorer to restore functionality. This intermittent problem has been ongoing since Win10 was launched....
  7. Disabling volume control on Bluetooth keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling volume control on Bluetooth keyboard: I need to disable the volume control button on my microsoft designer bluetooth keyboard, how do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-volume-control-on-bluetooth-keyboard/b964068f-eb0b-4ac1-9855-273f6f5e3889
  8. windows 1809 disabled brightness controls for taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 1809 disabled brightness controls for taskbar: so I just updated my laptop to 1809 only 4 days ago and notice that my brightness control from the battery icon on the bottom right of my desktop (right side of taskbar) is now missing when I press the battery module. I thought it was the drivers but I just uninstalled and...
  9. Windows 10 Taskbar Volume Control not working

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Taskbar Volume Control not working: [ATTACH] The Volume Control icon in the system tray is the quickest way to control volume on your Windows 10 PC. However if after a recent update or a software installation, it no longer responds to mouse clicks, whether it be a [...] This post Windows 10 Taskbar Volume...
  10. Is there a way to disable per app volume control?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to disable per app volume control?: Good day all, I'm running Windows 10 and I'm wondering if there is a way to disable per app volume control, or in lieu of that locking certain apps to the main system volume? [img] As you can see in the picture each program I have has its own volume setting. This would...