Windows 10: The latest Windows 10 update is causing new issues for some users

Discus and support The latest Windows 10 update is causing new issues for some users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The latest update for Windows 10 is reportedly causing issues with the system backup tool called ‘File History’ for a small subset of users. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 7, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

The latest Windows 10 update is causing new issues for some users

The latest update for Windows 10 is reportedly causing issues with the system backup tool called ‘File History’ for a small subset of users. In addition to backup issues, users are also finding that the update breaks their webcam, crashes apps, and fails to install in some cases.

For those unaware, File History is Windows 10’s default backup solution and it allows you to take snapshots of your files and store them on a drive connected over USB or your home network.

File History is a “set-it-and-forget-it backup solution”, but it appears to be broken for a small subset of users after they applied Windows 10 KB4601319 (February 2021 update). In our comments section, one user told us:

“This update *also* breaks File History for at least some subset of users, including me. It caused my backups to fail completely and uninstalling the KB restored the functioning backup. There’s a thread on this in the Microsoft community, but unfortunately, I see no evidence that anyone within Microsoft has acknowledged it.”

On Microsoft’s community forum and Feedback Hub, other users have reported issues with the File History feature as well.

Likewise, some have also reported other problems on Reddit and Microsoft forums.

One user noted that the “Back up options” appear on the screen after a noticeable delay and the process simply fails with “Your data is not yet backed up” error. When users click on the “Back up now” option, a “Cancel” button appears and the backup feature doesn’t work.

Another attempt to run the backup tool fails with the following error message: We can’t copy files to your File History Drive; Failed to initiate user data back-up (Error 80070005)”.

“I am experiencing exactly the same problem since February 10, 2021. I tried a complete reset of File History: deleted configuration files, the backup folder itself and changed the destination to another external drive, and the problem still persists. Rolling back KB4601319 corrected the issue,” another user noted.

The latest Windows 10 update is causing new issues for some users File-History-tool.jpg

The good news is that uninstalling Windows 10 KB4601319 update fixes the problem for all affected users.

Other issues in the latest Windows Update

While Microsoft has yet to acknowledge the bug with the File History tool, the company has confirmed that it’s investigating issues with the webcam, which affects the functionality of Windows Camera and Windows Hello.

On Feedback Hub, a Microsoft software engineer confirmed that Windows 10’s latest update breaks down Intel RealSense Camera and they’re working on a fix.

In the meantime, your only option is to remove the patch and pause the updates.

The post The latest Windows 10 update is causing new issues for some users appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 7, 2021

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Mar 7, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

The latest Windows 10 update is causing new issues for some users capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Mar 7, 2021
  4. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

1. The latest Windows 10 update is causing new issues for some users - Similar Threads - latest update causing

2. Windows 10 KB5026361 May 2023 Update is causing issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5026361 May 2023 Update is causing issues for some users: Windows 10 KB5026361 (May 2023 Update) is a mess and causing many issues for some configurations. Several readers have contacted us to say they have been experiencing problems after installing Windows 10 May 2023 Update. According to reports, the latest Windows 10 update,...
  3. Windows 10 KB5005033 is causing new issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5005033 is causing new issues for some users: Windows 10’s default Alt-Tab functionality appears to be partially broken for some users after the release of two updates – July 2021 preview and August 2021 Patch Tuesday. While the July 2021 preview (KB5004296) was optional, KB5005033 (August 2021 update) is a mandatory...
  4. Windows 10 KB5004945 is causing major issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5004945 is causing major issues for some users: Microsoft recently started rolling out Windows 10 KB5004945 emergency update to fix the PrintNightmare bug, but it appears to be causing serious problems for the printers of some users out there, according to various reports on social media platforms and our forums....
  5. Windows 10 updates are causing major issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 updates are causing major issues for some users: Windows 10 May 2020 Update and June 2020 cumulative updates are causing a host of problems yet again, with users reporting several issues including problems with Google Chrome and desktop UI over the past few days. Windows 10 May 2020 Update, also known as version 2004, has...
  6. Windows 10 latest update is wrecking PCs for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 latest update is wrecking PCs for some users: Windows Updates have a dreadful track record of late, with almost every single update causing users some serious problems. There are multiple reports on Microsoft’s forums, our comment section, and Feedback Hub from people complaining about a range of issues after applying...
  7. Windows 10 latest update crashes PCs for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 latest update crashes PCs for some users: If you check for updates and install February optional updates, you could experience system crashes and other issues including a bug that causes graphics card to disappear. As per reports from users, Windows 10 KB4535996 crashes some computers and it leads to performance...
  8. Latest update causing WiFi issues on Microsoft Surface for some users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest update causing WiFi issues on Microsoft Surface for some users: Haven't tried to update my SP3 yet, but thought this would be of interest for other SP owners. http://www.windowslatest.com/2019/08...tivity-issues/ 138023
  9. Latest Windows Update causes SSD Issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Windows Update causes SSD Issues.: Hi, Just wanted to raise an issue that the latest windows update causes a hard drive error on my SSD, and leads to windows not starting up properly. In view of this, I managed to uninstall the latest update and now the errors are gone. As such, can I clarify if I am able to...
  10. Microsoft confirms latest Windows 10 version 1803 update causes BSOD for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms latest Windows 10 version 1803 update causes BSOD for some users: The optional November cumulative update for Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) is causing BSOD on the Surface Book 2. Microsoft says that the Windows 10 Build 17134.441 is an optional update and it was released on November 27 to the general public. There appears to...