Windows 10: The latest Windows 10 update on my studio PC has disabled my audio interface

Discus and support The latest Windows 10 update on my studio PC has disabled my audio interface in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The interface is a Behringer UMC404HD. It was working fine yesterday. Today, after the update, it's a brick. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HSThomas, Sep 21, 2018.

1. HSThomas Win User

The latest Windows 10 update on my studio PC has disabled my audio interface

The interface is a Behringer UMC404HD. It was working fine yesterday. Today, after the update, it's a brick. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest drivers from the manufacturer's site, tried all the USB ports on my machine, run the W10 troubleshooter and verified that all other |USB device have survived the update. Is it possible to uninstall the update? I run my PC offline almost all the time and have never had a security issue. The new utilities in W10 are of no interest - I just want my digital audio software to run properly again. Any ideas?

:)

HSThomas, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Jayce Win User

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 21, 2018
  4. JoeBoyka Win User

Everything is working *Smile The latest Windows 10 update on my studio PC has disabled my audio interface :)

JoeBoyka, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

1. The latest Windows 10 update on my studio PC has disabled my audio interface - Similar Threads - latest update studio

2. The latest update has caused my PC not to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The latest update has caused my PC not to restart: I allowed Microsoft to update my laptop today and now it is frozen with a semicircle and nothing has happened for over an hour. It started to reboot and just stopped. The indicator light is not blinking and it seems to be dead in the water so now I am out of a laptop that is...
  3. The latest update has caused my PC not to restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The latest update has caused my PC not to restart: I allowed Microsoft to update my laptop today and now it is frozen with a semicircle and nothing has happened for over an hour. It started to reboot and just stopped. The indicator light is not blinking and it seems to be dead in the water so now I am out of a laptop that is...
  4. The latest update has caused my PC not to restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Latest update has caused my pc not to reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update has caused my pc not to reboot: I allowed Microsoft to update my lap top today 29.01.2021 and now it is frozen with a half circle and nothing has happened for over an hour now. It started to reboot and just stopped. The indicator light is not flashing and seems to be dead in the water so now I'm out of a...
  6. Latest update has ruined my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update has ruined my pc: Every time it installs, my pc hard reboots about 3-4 times then takes me to failed to start up screen so I go to troubleshoot it and it just uninstalls the update. Then it crashes again after a while and repeats the same process and uninstalls another update (idk if its the...
  7. Presonus Studio 26C audio interface compatibility issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Presonus Studio 26C audio interface compatibility issue on Windows 10: Good day, I'm using a Presonus 26C Audio Interface and Presonus Studio One as my Digital Audio Workstation DAW. When I try to run the audio interface using the Windows Audio drivers, it runs fine. However, when I try to run the audio interface using the native drivers...
  8. Audio Interrupt - Windows 10 with Studio One and Behringer USB interface

Audio Interrupt - Windows 10 with Studio One and Behringer USB interface: I recently bought a new PC with Windows 10, installed my studio software (Presonus Studio 1 Artist) and added a new USB interface (Behringer UMC22) using standard Windows USB Audio driver. I now encounter numerous times per hour a hard audio interrupt for whatever is...
  9. latest windows 10 update has kiiled my audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    latest windows 10 update has kiiled my audio: Please help, I've tried the online fixes, Windows 10 has mucked up my NEW pc good and proper https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-windows-10-update-has-kiiled-my-audio/cccc4067-1712-4c03-85ac-0b95c0c88adb
  10. The latest windows 10 update has disabled my ability to disable my touchpad on my ASUS...

The latest windows 10 update has disabled my ability to disable my touchpad on my ASUS...: The latest windows 10 update has made it so that I cannot disable my touchpad on my ASUS laptop. How can I disable my touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-latest-windows-10-update-has-disabled-my/8f18e444-20d9-4043-a9a6-31653faa9c3c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows updates disables my audio interface