Windows 10: The latest windows 10 update removed my printers and I get an Error-"The Active Directory...

Discus and support The latest windows 10 update removed my printers and I get an Error-"The Active Directory... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; SO what went wrong with the new Windows 10 update? It removed my installed printers in all the office applications, and by removing and re-installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James Mackey, Feb 3, 2023.

1. The latest windows 10 update removed my printers and I get an Error-"The Active Directory...

SO what went wrong with the new Windows 10 update? It removed my installed printers in all the office applications, and by removing and re-installing the device within the , the unit was not identified so the installation fails after 15 minutes and 99% trying to confirm the device. Running Excel or Word 2013, try to modify the form to a .pdf the applications both gave me the Error-"The Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable."Trying to print within the applications, there is no available printer, and to try to add a printer, the same error message occurs.So how do I fix this?

:)

James Mackey, Feb 3, 2023

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 3, 2023
  3. Adding printer Windows 10, error: The Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable

When attempting to add printer I get the error message:

"The Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable."

No printer works since the Nov update.

OT:

Adding printer Windows 10

DavidEBusch, Feb 3, 2023
  4. ReginaRz Win User

The latest windows 10 update removed my printers and I get an Error-"The Active Directory...

Active directory domain...

I downloaded the free Windows 10 several months ago. It has been nothing but trouble. Each update creates a new error and/or issue. SD cards not read, printer not found, now it is "the active directory domain services is not currently available." The last
    issue took me an hour and a half to fix, wasting gigabits and time. I do not want to be a computer repairer. I just want to use the computer. Now, again, I can't print until I problem solve by searching the internet and Youtube and anything else available.
    FIX Windows 10, test it, then offer it. Disgusted and frustrated.

Update: Sorry, I didn't realize this a users site not answered by Microsoft. Still need help with

1) Cannot print via wifi (in my house) because my printer is not found on the list. When I use add printer I get "the active directory domain services is not currently available." Printer used to be listed. Then was "lost" and a You-tube user explain how
    to create a port for it. That worked until the latest Windows 10 update.

2) Question for general community: Should I change back to previously used Windows 7?

ReginaRz, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

The latest windows 10 update removed my printers and I get an Error-"The Active Directory...

1. The latest windows 10 update removed my printers and I get an Error-"The Active Directory... - Similar Threads - latest update removed

2. The latest windows 10 update removed my printers and I get an Error-"The Active Directory...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The latest windows 10 update removed my printers and I get an Error-"The Active Directory...: SO what went wrong with the new Windows 10 update? It removed my installed printers in all the office applications, and by removing and re-installing the device within the , the unit was not identified so the installation fails after 15 minutes and 99% trying to confirm the...
  3. The latest windows 10 update removed my printers and I get an Error-"The Active Directory...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The latest windows 10 update removed my printers and I get an Error-"The Active Directory...: SO what went wrong with the new Windows 10 update? It removed my installed printers in all the office applications, and by removing and re-installing the device within the , the unit was not identified so the installation fails after 15 minutes and 99% trying to confirm the...
  4. Activation of the latest Windows 10 update

Activation of the latest Windows 10 update: I bought the latest Windows 10 update from the Microsoft online store $A169 and installed it, but it won't activate. It gives me error 0xC004C003. Do I have to buy a new license as well?...
  5. Printers in Active Directory vs High Availability

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers in Active Directory vs High Availability: More theoretical if anything but the question is this; by adding all printers to AD allowing users to connect to a printer directly can this replace the need for a HA Cluster? Is the need for a printer server required when utilizing printers joined in AD? What are the...
  6. windows 10 update removed printer

windows 10 update removed printer: windows update has removed my printer which is now an unspecified device and not recognised as a printer and won't re-install as a printer. My Brother MFC5890cn has all up-to-date drivers and is connected via a usb. It was fine but the last windows update has declared it an...
  7. I failed to remove directory in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I failed to remove directory in Windows 10: I cannot delete a directory. Usual permission edits didn’t allow me to remove the content and the directory. I assigned the rights of the administrator to myself – also no effect. I see the Defender shield near the feature Delete and Rename so I think the Defender might be...
  8. Windows 10 - 1809 update Active Directory error/can’t log in!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - 1809 update Active Directory error/can’t log in!: Hey, So I have about 10 computers attached to a local NAS (Synology) as an Active Directory server. Let me point out that each of these computers has an ethernet connection to the server, is running an activated version of Win 10 Pro and has roaming profiles e.d. This all...
  9. Windows updates removing Active Directory

Windows updates removing Active Directory: Hi, I'm working with our domain - and every time that there is an update from windows 10 it's remove the dsa.msc command ( Active Directory Users and Computers ) so i need to reinstall it. I think it's connected to the "build" upgrades but i just want you to fix it so it...
  10. active directory domain service unavailable - Cant get printer to work

active directory domain service unavailable - Cant get printer to work: active directory domain service unavailable - Cant get printer to work My printer worked fine previously, then suddenly it failed to print, cant add as hardware, tried reinstalling driver and told cant get info from server... this is as simple wired networked...