Windows 10: The latest Windows update has made connecting to some multiplayer games impossible

Discus and support The latest Windows update has made connecting to some multiplayer games impossible in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've tried everything related to firewalls, repair tool, clean installations of League of Legends, etc. I still bugsplat when the game begins loading.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidThane, Sep 14, 2019.

1. The latest Windows update has made connecting to some multiplayer games impossible

I've tried everything related to firewalls, repair tool, clean installations of League of Legends, etc. I still bugsplat when the game begins loading.

The only thing that fixes it is rolling back the Windows update from 2 days ago. However, yesterday Windows wanted to update after I rolled it back. I figured because it was so fast, that Microsoft probably fixed the bug that was preventing me from playing the game. But not only did this update reintroduce the bugsplat on loading screen, it also made it impossible to roll back again. It says that it can't roll back because the previous update was more than 10 days ago, which is completely wrong.

It's completely wrong. I updated on September 11th. That update made it impossible for me to connect to Guild Wars 1 and League of Legends, *HOWEVER,* it is curious to note that I *was* still able to connect to other online games such as Black Desert Online and Insurgency Sandstorm. But anyway, after I rolled back this September 11th update, a day later my computer wanted to update again. I thought Microsoft put out a fast fix for the issue, so I got the update, and it turned out to be the SAME ONE that is bugsplatting my League of Legends games. But here's the kicker: I COULDN'T ROLL IT BACK THIS TIME. Because it says my PC was updated more than 10 days ago, which is completely wrong and strange. I updated on the 11th, rolled it back on the same day, and received another update the next day, which states that I had the update for 10 days and did not allow me to remove it.

So I've system restored in order to make my games playable again. But this is not a permanent fix.

:)

DavidThane, Sep 14, 2019

2. The latest Windows update has made connecting to some multiplayer games impossible

Hi Vijay.

The problem is that the update did not allow me to uninstall it a second time. I was only able to uninstall it once. The next day, the computer requested to update again. I allowed it, and then it did allow me to rollback the update because it says that
    the previous update was more than 10 days ago, even though that was not true. I am talking about the time period from September 11th to the 13th.

The only reason I am able to play my multiplayer games is thanks to System Restore, since I was not able to remove the faulty Windows update any other way because it did not allow me.

I followed your advice and I have sent Microsoft a feedback report about the 9/11 update which has broken my connection to some of my multiplayer games.

I ran the show/hide updates tool, however it is not showing me the option to hide the September 11th update. It is only showing me the option to hide Windows Defender Antivirus update KB2267602 (Version 1.301.1334.0). Unless this IS the September 11th update,
    I don't want to hide this.

Thank you for the help Vijay.

DavidThane, Sep 25, 2019
  3. The latest Windows update has made connecting to some multiplayer games impossible

Thanks so much for the help Vijay. I'll go ahead and give them another report with the full details.

Can you assure me that the issue will get fixed? My multiplayer games are very important to me, they are the main way I enjoy my time with my friends. October 18th feels like a doomsday countdown, not knowing if I will be able to rollback that update if
    it breaks my games again. Will I be able to system restore back to my current system, after the postponed October 18th update? Or will it be too far back?

DavidThane, Sep 25, 2019
  4. The latest Windows update has made connecting to some multiplayer games impossible

Unable to connect to LAN gaming for multiplayers in Windows 10.

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From your description, I understand you are unable to play multiplayer games on your PC using LAN cable connection.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you get any error message/error code when you try to connect to the games?

• If yes, is the error message/error code you get is same to all the games?

Refer to the section Playing on a local network from the link below and check if it helps:

How do I play multiplayer?

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

The latest Windows update has made connecting to some multiplayer games impossible

1. The latest Windows update has made connecting to some multiplayer games impossible - Similar Threads - latest update has

2. Latest OneDrive Update has Made Computer Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest OneDrive Update has Made Computer Crash: Hi there. Last week Microsoft sent out a OneDrive update. After installing the OneDrive update, the computer would open file explorer for about 1 second and then close it in a loop. This was causing the computer screen to flash on and off. When the computer is now powered on,...
  3. Latest OneDrive Update has Made Computer Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest OneDrive Update has Made Computer Crash: Hi there. Last week Microsoft sent out a OneDrive update. After installing the OneDrive update, the computer would open file explorer for about 1 second and then close it in a loop. This was causing the computer screen to flash on and off. When the computer is now powered on,...
  4. Multiplayer games will not connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiplayer games will not connect to internet: OK, I have not been able to resolve this issue through a number of other sources, so I'm posting this here.When I try to play a multiplayer game through Steam or Epic, they give me a connection error and says to check the internet connection. FYI, I have an ethernet...
  5. Multiplayer games will not connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiplayer games will not connect to internet: OK, I have not been able to resolve this issue through a number of other sources, so I'm posting this here.When I try to play a multiplayer game through Steam or Epic, they give me a connection error and says to check the internet connection. FYI, I have an ethernet...
  6. Multiplayer games will not connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Latest update has made laptop unusable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update has made laptop unusable: Just done the latest update on my laptop and it’s made it so slow. The internet crashes after 2 minutes of being on it, the icons won’t load on the desktop, the settings won’t even load so I can’t do anything about it. Is there anything else I can do? submitted by...
  8. cannot connect to multiplayer minecraft game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot connect to multiplayer minecraft game.: I am on minecraft windows 10 edition. My friend in on the same thing as me, he is able to join my other friend (which is on a Xbox one S) perfectly every time. I am unable to join most of the time and only on choice occasions, what could this be?...
  9. Latest Update Made A Mess

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Update Made A Mess: Running Windows 10 on new Acer Aspire laptop. Updates would not load, got that resolved and now computer is a mess. It is showing my name twice on the log in screen which is now asking for my password. I am the only user and am the administrator, yet cannot run anything as...
  10. Impossible to download some games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Impossible to download some games: Hi, I bought game pass few days ago. i can't download all gamepass games like PUBG / halo 5 : guardians ... What's wrong with me :( ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/impossible-to-download-some-games/f379ac6d-c1a7-421a-8abc-2ad1ed9494bc"