Windows 10: The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer

Discus and support The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sorry for my English. If you can, please tell me the solution. In Windows Explorer, the selection line (list view) depends on the length of the file or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aleks14, Jun 8, 2017.

1. aleks14 Win User

The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer

Sorry for my English. If you can, please tell me the solution. In Windows Explorer, the selection line (list view) depends on the length of the file or folder. In Windows 10, the selection line does not depend on the length of the file or folder, it is always the same. Can I change something in the Registry Editor to do it as it was at 7?
    The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer [​IMG]

The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer [​IMG]

:)

aleks14, Jun 8, 2017

2. Windows 10: The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer

As per previous post, the interface is already by design and it is not advisable to change the registry to avoid any issues. Kindly use the view selections or change the size if the icons for your concern.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Jun 8, 2017
  3. Windows 10: The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer

Hi,

The interface of Windows 7 is totally different from Windows 10 which is by design and is not recommended to be changed through the registry to avoid any issues that can totally damage your computer. For suggestions, we would appreciate any feedback that
    you can send using the Feedback Hub that you can get for free through the Windows Store or by clicking on this

link

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Jun 8, 2017
Thema:

The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer

1. The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - length selection line

2. Line on top of taskbar that runs the whole length.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Line on top of taskbar that runs the whole length.: There is a line that runs the length of my taskbar, when i set the theme to light it is black. When i set the theme to dark it is white.I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS LINE.The ability to Lock the taskbar is not present in the options either, i was wondering if locking the taskbar...
  3. Line on top of taskbar that runs the whole length.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Line on top of taskbar that runs the whole length.: There is a line that runs the length of my taskbar, when i set the theme to light it is black. When i set the theme to dark it is white.I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS LINE.The ability to Lock the taskbar is not present in the options either, i was wondering if locking the taskbar...
  4. Search Windows Explorer for Videos by length

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Windows Explorer for Videos by length: I want to search a given location for all videos less than 20 minutes long. I dont see how I can put that variable in. Just short medium long.......
  5. Search Windows Explorer for Videos by length

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Windows Explorer for Videos by length: I want to search a given location for all videos less than 20 minutes long. I dont see how I can put that variable in. Just short medium long.......
  6. Search Windows Explorer for Videos by length

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can I still see the combined length of selected videos in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I still see the combined length of selected videos in Windows Explorer?: I skipped over Windows 8 and went from Windows 7 straight to Windows 10. One jarring difference I noticed about Windows Explorer is that I can no longer see the combined length of video files. In Win7, if I selected multiple video files (e.g. multiple MP4 files), the bottom...
  8. Windows: 8192 character command line length limit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows: 8192 character command line length limit: Dear experts, do we have some news about when the current 8192 character command line length limit will be removed? Can one expect to have a Windows distribution which allows the user to set environment variables likePATH or PYTHONPATH which length can be larger than the...
  9. Editing length of pie chart leader lines

Editing length of pie chart leader lines: Is there a way to set a default length to the pie chart leader lines? I see there is a way to change the width for all but not a way to change the length without doing each one manually....
  10. File Explorer Icons Spacing Length

File Explorer Icons Spacing Length: Good morning everyone.. i need help to reset my file explorer's look back like before, please.. The space between files and folders is not auto tight anymore.. it's too long / big, omg, it's so do annoy me.. Does any know how to fix it, any assistance would be greatly...