Windows 10: The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer

Discus and support The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sorry for my English. If you can, please tell me the solution. In Windows Explorer, the selection line (list view) depends on the length of the file or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aleks14, Jun 8, 2017.

1. aleks14 Win User

The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer

Sorry for my English. If you can, please tell me the solution. In Windows Explorer, the selection line (list view) depends on the length of the file or folder. In Windows 10, the selection line does not depend on the length of the file or folder, it is always the same. Can I change something in the Registry Editor to do it as it was at 7?
    The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer [​IMG]

The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer [​IMG]

:)

aleks14, Jun 8, 2017

2. Windows 10: The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer

As per previous post, the interface is already by design and it is not advisable to change the registry to avoid any issues. Kindly use the view selections or change the size if the icons for your concern.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Jun 8, 2017
  3. Windows 10: The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer

Hi,

The interface of Windows 7 is totally different from Windows 10 which is by design and is not recommended to be changed through the registry to avoid any issues that can totally damage your computer. For suggestions, we would appreciate any feedback that
    you can send using the Feedback Hub that you can get for free through the Windows Store or by clicking on this

link

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Jun 8, 2017
Thema:

The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer

1. The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - length selection line

2. measure length

in Windows 10 Support
    measure length: Is it possible to measure or calculate the dimension of an object displayed in a jpeg file on the monitor of my PC? I use windows 10 with a monitor with resolution 1920x 1080 thanks in advance 144052
  3. Files in File Explorer are not selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files in File Explorer are not selected: Prior the issue File Explorer kept a selected file selected. I could select a file, then open it, save etc. without having to click on the mouse. Currently folder settings in File Explorer have changed because the file I have opened is not stayed selected anymore. I have to...
  4. Wildcard Selection in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wildcard Selection in Explorer: Is there an app or program that allows wildcard selection of items in explorer before a copy/cut/ action? Right click or menu bar or both. Alternatively, does anyone recommend a good shell extension coder that can help? I found code for a context menu wild card selection...
  5. Total Length

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Total Length: I have several audio files that I would like to get the combined length of, with millisecond-level precision. Is there something that I can use to get that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/total-length/c31c8a0f-7636-46cf-b439-af1f9fbd2b94"
  6. Editing length of pie chart leader lines

Editing length of pie chart leader lines: Is there a way to set a default length to the pie chart leader lines? I see there is a way to change the width for all but not a way to change the length without doing each one manually....
  7. File Explorer Icons Spacing Length

File Explorer Icons Spacing Length: Good morning everyone.. i need help to reset my file explorer's look back like before, please.. The space between files and folders is not auto tight anymore.. it's too long / big, omg, it's so do annoy me.. Does any know how to fix it, any assistance would be greatly...
  8. Explorer window not active for file selection

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer window not active for file selection: Hi. I have a videos folder. I am checking and deleting unwanted videos by opening each for few seconds and deleting ones I don't like. Problem is that when I close the player and want to delete the video, the explorer window is no more active. So I have to click on the...
  9. Line-in doesn't playback in selected Playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Line-in doesn't playback in selected Playback device: Here are my "relevant" system specs: CPU: 5960X Motherboard: ASUS Rampage V Extreme This seemed to have worked fine under Windows 7, but it stopped working awhile ago, I "think" about the time I upgraded to Windows 10. My Line-in will not playback any audio through my...
  10. show length of .flv files in explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    show length of .flv files in explorer: It only shows the length of mp4, mpg, and wmv files. 50899