Windows 10: The letter "a" doesn't work on Windows 10?

Discus and support The letter "a" doesn't work on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently encountered an issue where my letter "a" on the keyboard doesn't work on my windows desktop. First I thought it was a hardware issue with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Daichi D, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Daichi D Win User

The letter "a" doesn't work on Windows 10?

I recently encountered an issue where my letter "a" on the keyboard doesn't work on my windows desktop. First I thought it was a hardware issue with the keyboard so I just upgraded to a brand new one. After installing the new one, the problem is still occurring.

I've tried the following solutions:

• Checking updates on keyboard drivers on Device Manager. Also deleting drivers and restarting computer.
    • I've tried doing "Run>regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/i8042prt/Start>setting value data to 1 and restarting the system.
    • Making sure the filter key isn't enabled.

I uninstalled the latest Microsoft Windows update Which worked for a few minutes, until it reverted back to the problem

Any other solution? Thank you.

:)

Daichi D, Jun 3, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

The letter "a" doesn't work on Windows 10? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 3, 2020
  3. keyboard doesn' t working

keyboard doesn' t working, it doesn't popup on my nokia lumia 735 after I took windows 10, 10586 version. Please, help!!!

ZelenaVisnja, Jun 3, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

The letter "a" doesn't work on Windows 10? [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

1. The letter "a" doesn't work on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - letter doesn't

2. My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters: Hello please help me, My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters. The FN key and it's shortcuts like volume and brightness work but letters and numbers don't. I tried updating the keyboard driver and reinstalling the device but nothing seems to work. If anyone could help me I...
  3. My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters: Hello please help me, My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters. The FN key and it's shortcuts like volume and brightness work but letters and numbers don't. I tried updating the keyboard driver and reinstalling the device but nothing seems to work. If anyone could help me I...
  4. How to login into Microsoft Edge if the PIN doesn't have the option to accept letters?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to login into Microsoft Edge if the PIN doesn't have the option to accept letters?: I have two devices. One is Windows 11, the other is Windows 10. When I created my PIN on my Win11 device, I had the option to create the PIN with numbers and letters. On Win10 device I want to login to microsoft edge with the same account. I entered my microsoft password and...
  5. How to login into Microsoft Edge if the PIN doesn't have the option to accept letters?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to login into Microsoft Edge if the PIN doesn't have the option to accept letters?: I have two devices. One is Windows 11, the other is Windows 10. When I created my PIN on my Win11 device, I had the option to create the PIN with numbers and letters. On Win10 device I want to login to microsoft edge with the same account. I entered my microsoft password and...
  6. How to login into Microsoft Edge if the PIN doesn't have the option to accept letters?

7. Letter "o" doesn't get written when pressed. I tried virtual keyboards normal ones but it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Letter "o" doesn't get written when pressed. I tried virtual keyboards normal ones but it...: I tried virtual keyboards normal ones but it always didn't work, I don't know what to do.Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/letter-o-doesnt-get-written-when-pressed-i-tried/a672e047-a131-4af5-a0ba-787902bf45d8
  8. Letter "o" doesn't get written when pressed. I tried virtual keyboards normal ones but it...

Letter "o" doesn't get written when pressed. I tried virtual keyboards normal ones but it...: I tried virtual keyboards normal ones but it always didn't work, I don't know what to do.Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/letter-o-doesnt-get-written-when-pressed-i-tried/a672e047-a131-4af5-a0ba-787902bf45d8
  9. Letter "o" doesn't get written when pressed. I tried virtual keyboards normal ones but it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Keyboard letter "i" doesn't work unless NumPad is enabled

Keyboard letter "i" doesn't work unless NumPad is enabled: Hello,As the title states, the letter "i" on a device's keyboard doesn't work unless NumPad is enabled.I've changed the laptop's keyboard with 2 new ones, which I verified on another device before and they were working as intended.After changing the keyboard, they worked...