Windows 10: The library, drive or media pool is empty – File copy error on Windows 10

Discus and support The library, drive or media pool is empty – File copy error on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you encounter the message The library, drive, or media pool is empty error when copying files (pictures or videos) from your digital camera or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 11, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

The library, drive or media pool is empty – File copy error on Windows 10

If you encounter the message The library, drive, or media pool is empty error when copying files (pictures or videos) from your digital camera or smartphone to your Windows device, then this post may be able to help you resolve this issue.

The library, drive or media pool is empty – File copy error on Windows 10 The-library-drive-or-media-pool-is-empty-1.jpg

This error occurs mostly when copying a corrupted photo or video from your camera or smartphone. This also stops the copying process and you cannot skip it to continue copying the files.

The library, drive or media pool is empty

If you’re faced with this issue, you can try either of the solutions below to resolve the issue.

1. Identify and exclude copying corrupt file(s)
    2. Use the USB Storage mode of the connected device

Let’s take a look at the description of the process involved concerning each of the listed solutions.

1] Identify and exclude copying corrupt file(s)

Create a new folder on your Windows device, then select all the files or the DCIM folder on your camera or smartphone and copy-paste them into the folder you just created on your PC.

When the error occurs, do not click OK in the error prompt – make a note of the name of the file in the file copy progress animation window. This is your corrupt file that is causing the problem.

Now, that you have identified the corrupt file, press Ctrl+A keyboard shortcut to select all files in the DCIM folder on your device, then hold Ctrl key and click on the corrupt file to deselect it, then press Ctrl+C to copy the rest of the file to clipboard and then press Ctrl+V to paste them in the folder on your PC.

If you still get the error, it’s due to another corrupt file. Repeat the steps above once again to avoid copying all the corrupt files. This should be done until all the corrupt files are identified and you no longer see any errors.

2] Use the USB Storage mode of the connected device

MTP or PTP is the usual connection for many digital cameras and smartphone devices. This connection protocol verifies the integrity of all the media files being copied – which means that all the corrupt media files will trigger this error and consequently disrupt the file copying process.

To work around this, you need to change the settings in your digital camera or smartphone to avoid the MTP or PTP protocol based connections and instead choose the standard USB Storage connection.

When you connect your Android smartphone, you can swipe down the screen select USB Storage from the USB options for connection over the data cable, and then copy the files without the error.

That’s it!

Related post: Error Copying File or Folder, The requested resource is in use.

The library, drive or media pool is empty – File copy error on Windows 10 The-library-drive-or-media-pool-is-empty-1.jpg
    This article The library, drive or media pool is empty – File copy error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 11, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 11, 2021
  3. Wingo101 Win User
    File Copy Error in Windows 7

Hi,

I'm trying to copy files from my extrenal drive, but i keep getting an error (see screenshot). I have also tried using Teracopy, which gets the same error.

Has this happened to anyone before?

I'm running windows 7 btw. & i have used multiple USB ports on my system.

The library, drive or media pool is empty – File copy error on Windows 10 copy%20error.png

Wingo101, May 11, 2021
  4. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

Thema:

1. The library, drive or media pool is empty – File copy error on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - library drive media

2. Media Player caused dup copies of music library.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player caused dup copies of music library.: Used Media Player Ver 11.2212.31.0 on Win10 PC to rip and tag music. It produced dup copies of music library. I had made changes in Med Player file locations options. Why did this happen? Can I delete the extra libraries? Where did MusicBrainz CD file come from and where is...
  3. Media Player caused dup copies of music library.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player caused dup copies of music library.: Used Media Player Ver 11.2212.31.0 on Win10 PC to rip and tag music. It produced dup copies of music library. I had made changes in Med Player file locations options. Why did this happen? Can I delete the extra libraries? Where did MusicBrainz CD file come from and where is...
  4. Media Player caused dup copies of music library.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. file history not copying from Libraries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file history not copying from Libraries: File History doesn't copy folders from Libraries. Resetting File History didn't help. Any thoughts?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-not-copying-from-libraries/a66d48f9-639e-4e60-b834-65846eb89963
  6. file history not copying from Libraries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file history not copying from Libraries: File History doesn't copy folders from Libraries. Resetting File History didn't help. Any thoughts?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-not-copying-from-libraries/a66d48f9-639e-4e60-b834-65846eb89963
  7. file history not copying from Libraries

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 Drive pool Showing Error

Windows 10 Drive pool Showing Error: Hi, I have a server with 15 HDD, Recently it is showing error on pool and the drive is not mounting to show the drive letter. All the independent drives are showing OK. How can I resolve the issue. [ATTACH] I try to use a 3rd party software and it is having this...
  9. how do i locate windows 10 media library and copy it

how do i locate windows 10 media library and copy it: How do I locate windows 10 media library and copy it to windows 8 mobile phone Also how can I copy playlist to windows 8 mobile phone Thanks Allan...
  10. Windows media library

Windows media library: I am having problems with loading pictures into Media Library for streaming. They load in Windows Media Player OK. I have the Spring 2019 Version of Windows 10. Anybody have a solution for my problem?...