Windows 10: the local user database handle is corrupt

Discus and support the local user database handle is corrupt in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I solve this on my MS Windows 10 - DELL Laptop. All I have wanted to do was to test a VPN Connection and this laptop had to be the server for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stefan tudor, May 9, 2021.

1. the local user database handle is corrupt

How can I solve this on my MS Windows 10 - DELL Laptop. All I have wanted to do was to test a VPN Connection and this laptop had to be the server for PPTP and there I have found that the users are not displayed and this message was appeared "An internal error has occurred: The Local user database handle is corrupt." I have tried many searches on the internet but no answer, is there a solution other then reinstalling or reset .In App for Local Users and Groups the users folder is empty and I think is related to above issue.Best regards,Stefan TUDOR

:)

stefan tudor, May 9, 2021
  2. David Haz Win User

Windows Update Database Corruption

We appreciate the clarification that you have given about the steps given. Though the steps provided are more of a direct approach in resetting the Windows Update database. May we know if these steps have resolved the corruption in your Windows Update
    Database?

David Haz, May 9, 2021
  3. Anakunda Win User
    Pending Download - corrupted WU database

This have been working for a while, but now there's another pending update KB4346783 in stalled state. Running troubleshooter only discovers problems in windows update that is partially fixed but not the corrupt database.

I have followed all steps here and the database corruption is still not gone.

Now I can download the package manually from Windows Catalog, but the Windows Update service is unusable.

Anakunda, May 9, 2021
  4. Doc943 Win User

the local user database handle is corrupt

Corrupt tile database - Profile issue?

Having tried all reasonable suggestions I can find here and elsewhere, I've had to open this problem up as a new thread.

My Start button/icon will not open my profile start menu/apps. Winver is Windows 10 Home 1902 (Build 18362.116). Checkdsk/SFC/DISM report no errors. ISO refresh and repair was successful. Start Troubleshooter reports a corrupt file database. No other errors reported. I've tried various registry suggestions like clearing the cache and resetting the layout but without success. I created a new user account which does not have an issue with the Start menu.

I'm left with the conclusion that my current profile is corrupt in some manner. I read that copying the tile database from the "good" new user account to my current account will solve this issue but the TileDataLayer folder does not exist in the "good" new account. I've also read that copying the entire profile contents of the "good" new user to my my current account will solve the issue but this seems a very heavy hammer and also copies the corruption across(?). There must be a specific corruption or associated corrupt files that is causing the issue rather than a totally corrupt current account. I have no other issue with the PC or my current user account than what is reported (and unfixed) by the Start Troubleshooter.
    Suggestions most welcome, as always.

Doc943, May 9, 2021
Thema:

the local user database handle is corrupt

1. the local user database handle is corrupt - Similar Threads - local user database

2. Configuration Database is Corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Configuration Database is Corrupt: For a long time, the windows10 Update has given me the same ERROR 0x800703f1.I've tried DISM scans and they dont work because all they say is [== 3.8% ] Error: 1009 The configuration registry database is corrupt. The DISM log file can be found at...
  3. Configuration Database is Corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configuration Database is Corrupt: For a long time, the windows10 Update has given me the same ERROR 0x800703f1.I've tried DISM scans and they dont work because all they say is [== 3.8% ] Error: 1009 The configuration registry database is corrupt. The DISM log file can be found at...
  4. Configuration Database is Corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Registry database corrupted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Registry database corrupted: So i uninstalled my nvidia drivers as i was having issues with shadowplay and attempted to reinstall them, reinstall was unsuccessful so i tried an auto install of my graphics driver from device manager where it gave me the error that the registry database is corrupted....
  6. Registry Database is Corrupt

Registry Database is Corrupt: I am attempting to install drivers for my GeForce 1080ti however I keep receiving a message "The Registry Database Is Corrupt" Not sure what the issue is. I have attempting using the nvidia installer also and just received a failed message. Any help please?...
  7. Corrupt tile database

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Corrupt tile database: Having tried all reasonable suggestions I can find here and elsewhere, I've had to open this problem up as a new thread. My Start button/icon will not open my profile start menu/apps. Winver is Windows 10 Home 1902 (Build 18362.116). Checkdsk/SFC/DISM report no errors. ISO...
  8. registry database corrupt

registry database corrupt: I recently came home and my computer was not responding to any mouse or keyboard clicks, so I unplugged it and restarted it. Apparently there was an update in progress and where it formerly recognized two monitors it now only recognizes one. It uses the generic Windows...
  9. Corrupt Registry Database

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupt Registry Database: Hello everyone. I am having this problem where i can't access my files like microsoftword. It says The configuration registry database is corrupt. Please refer to the picture below... Please help me with this. I don't know what to do. [IMG]...
  10. Database corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Database corrupt: ran the trouble shooter for win10 update fixed all errors except for POSSIBLE DATABASE CORRUPTION.... how do i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/database-corrupt/8570f70f-0242-4d36-96dd-281e75aa9e91