Windows 10: the location service does not turn on in any way, on a laptop

Discus and support the location service does not turn on in any way, on a laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. who can tell, the location service does not turn on in any way, the ESET antivirus has already googled what it could, or how I can not find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlexSolo4, Dec 23, 2021.

1. AlexSolo4 Win User

the location service does not turn on in any way, on a laptop

Hello. who can tell, the location service does not turn on in any way, the ESET antivirus has already googled what it could, or how I can not find a way to turn it on and off freely, it is now disabled and not turned on ...

:)

AlexSolo4, Dec 23, 2021

2. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 23, 2021
  3. Location not turning on my Laptop

Hello Tharun,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern about the issue and help you out.

I would require more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Please specify the steps tried by you turn on the location?

• What is the exact and complete error message you get when you try to turn ON?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

• Which antivirus program is installed on the computer?

I would suggest you to check if the following service is enabled. if it is enabled, disable and re-enable the service.

• Click on Start.

• Select settings > Privacy > Location.

• Select Change, and then turn
      Location for this device on or off .
    The Change button controls the Windows location service for the device, including all user accounts on the device. The
    Change button only appears for admin accounts. (Every device has at least one admin account—usually an admin is the person who set up the device.) If you have an admin account on your Windows 10 device, select
    Change, and then turn Location for this device on or off .

You can refer the following link for more information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/location-service-privacy

Hope it helps. Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Pushyanth K S, Dec 23, 2021
  4. the location service does not turn on in any way, on a laptop

Why is Cortana tracking my location even though location services are turned off?

"Cortana collects your location periodically even if you’re not interacting with her, like when you connect to Wi Fi or disconnect from Bluetooth. When Cortana is turned on, the Search app also has access to your device
    location information and will automatically send it to Bing when Cortana suggests web search terms and results for Bing to use as described in the privacy statement. If you don’t want Cortana to have access to your device location, you need to turn off Cortana
    completely:

• Go to Cortana > Notebook > Settings .
    • Turn off the setting Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more"

So there is no way to prevent Microsoft from collecting my location data EVEN
    WHEN LOCATION SERVICES ARE TURNED OFF except by turning off Cortana completely. Fine. I'll do that. Too bad the setting "Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more" doesn't seem to exist.

Daniel.Ryan, Dec 23, 2021
Thema:

the location service does not turn on in any way, on a laptop

1. the location service does not turn on in any way, on a laptop - Similar Threads - location service does

2. Is there a way to track my laptop with the location turn off? But it's in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to track my laptop with the location turn off? But it's in sleep mode.: My laptop got stolen. My location on my laptop is turned off and it is in sleep mode. Is there a way to track it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-track-my-laptop-with-the/649abc85-d182-4dc5-928c-bb849da22a82
  3. Is there a way to track my laptop with the location turn off? But it's in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to track my laptop with the location turn off? But it's in sleep mode.: My laptop got stolen. My location on my laptop is turned off and it is in sleep mode. Is there a way to track it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-track-my-laptop-with-the/649abc85-d182-4dc5-928c-bb849da22a82
  4. I can't turn on location services.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't turn on location services.: I'm not controlled by any organization but it shows up and won't let me turn it on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-location-services/d3816d26-aa8a-46c3-b26f-6c080a47e47e
  5. I can't turn on location services.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't turn on location services.: I'm not controlled by any organization but it shows up and won't let me turn it on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-location-services/d3816d26-aa8a-46c3-b26f-6c080a47e47e
  6. the location service does not turn on in any way, on a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the location service does not turn on in any way, on a laptop: Hello. who can tell, the location service does not turn on in any way, the ESET antivirus has already googled what it could, or how I can not find a way to turn it on and off freely, it is now disabled and not turned on ......
  7. Windows Update service not loading in any way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update service not loading in any way: Issues:Hi! Recently, I saw that Windows 11 was out, and decided to update. I launched the Settings app and clicked into "Security and Updates". However, after clicking it, it just didn't load at all. I restarted the Settings app and tried other options, and all worked fine:...
  8. Windows Update service not loading in any way

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update service not loading in any way: Issues:Hi! Recently, I saw that Windows 11 was out, and decided to update. I launched the Settings app and clicked into "Security and Updates". However, after clicking it, it just didn't load at all. I restarted the Settings app and tried other options, and all worked fine:...
  9. Cant turn on Location Service on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant turn on Location Service on Windows 10: In Settings : Some of theses setting are hiddenen or managed by your organization Windows 10 20H2 Latest updates Applied. Single User System in USAGeolocation is running automatic in Services . Tried Ifsvc registry delete and other suggestion and no luck....
  10. Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10 Some apps need to know when youre in a specific location to work correctly. For instance, if youve asked an app to remind you to buy bread when youre in the...