Windows 10: The "lock screen" settings change automacally

Discus and support The "lock screen" settings change automacally in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Recently, I found my lock screen settings changed into "Pictures"it used to be "Windows Spotlight". I've tried to set it again but after minutes when... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by 1, Dec 23, 2019.

1. 1
    1 Win User

The "lock screen" settings change automacally

Recently, I found my lock screen settings changed into "Pictures"it used to be "Windows Spotlight". I've tried to set it again but after minutes when I lock my PC it shows some pictures instead of Windows Spotlight".

Please help me change the settings back to "Windows Spotlight", I really enjoyed those pictures! Thank you

:)

2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Changing lock screen photos

Hi Kirk,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Lock screen.
    • In the right pane, select Pictures from the drop down list under
      Background.
    • Select the picture from the list or click on Browse to select your saved images and set as lock screen image.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Lock screen photo

Hi,

To change the
    lock screen photo, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left side of the screen, click on
      Lock screen.

• In the
      Background, change it to
      Picture.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

1. The "lock screen" settings change automacally - Similar Threads - lock screen settings

2. Lock screen not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen not changing: Hello,I have noticed that my lock screen does not change at all. Everytime it is the same picture.I try changing the Background setting to Windows spotlight, but it changes to Picture when I reopen the settings.How do I fix this?...
  3. Lock screen not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen not changing: Hello,I have noticed that my lock screen does not change at all. Everytime it is the same picture.I try changing the Background setting to Windows spotlight, but it changes to Picture when I reopen the settings.How do I fix this?...
  4. Lock screen not changing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lock screen settings

Lock screen settings: Have a lock screen photo set for over a month, but it stays on all night. I changed the settings to 1 hour and now its become a slideshow of my entire gallery? I can set the picture in lock screen settings, set to pictures, not slideshow or Windows, and its still reverting...
  6. Changing the lock screen/ Changing the account settings

Changing the lock screen/ Changing the account settings: Hello, each time I try to change my lock screen or my account settings, it keeps saying: *Some setting are hidden or managed by your organization even though it is my personal laptop...
  7. Changing a lock screen setting via CLI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing a lock screen setting via CLI: In Windows 10, I can access the lock screen settings (in Settings under Personalization) and one of the settings that may be viewed or changed is Background, which on my computer at least has three dropdown options, Windows spotlight, Picture, or Slideshow. Is there a way to...
  8. settings, lock screen

settings, lock screen: in window 10, setitngs, lock screen is stock in picture, it doesnt change. i want to change to windows spotlight. any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-lock-screen/5830721d-40a4-48c0-acc9-febe9f88f3be
  9. Lock Screen Settings.

Lock Screen Settings.: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330, the lock-screen settings for WINDOWS SPOTLIGHT mode was set in default, which was working fine initially. After few days, the setting changes automatically to the PICTURE mode. Whenever I change the settings to WINDOWS SPOTLIGHT mode, it...
  10. Cannot use Settings->Personalisation to change Lock Screen settings

Cannot use Settings->Personalisation to change Lock Screen settings: Hello, Is it possibly the Anniversary Update, which has blocked my possibilities to change the Lock Screen configuration? In Settings->Personalisation that whole option is greyed out today and I'm stuck with a lock screen, which I can't modify or change. Any help for this?...