Windows 10: The log in process

Discus and support The log in process in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys I have an HP 64 bit laptop, and each time i open up, I have to clear a print/screen type of landscape (very nice) then I have to enter a pin.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frenchman96, May 6, 2020.

1. The log in process

Hi Guys

I have an HP 64 bit laptop, and each time i open up, I have to clear a print/screen type of landscape (very nice) then I have to enter a pin.

I am the only person who uses laptop and has access to it, so can I remove need to log in.

Also, if I leave it unattended for a short while, even with laptop open, it asks me to log in again, yet I have not knowingly closed down, maybe gone to make a cuppa.

Appreciate any help

:)

frenchman96, May 6, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 6, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, May 6, 2020
  4. The log in process

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 6, 2020
Thema:

The log in process

1. The log in process - Similar Threads - log process

2. BSOD Crashing overnight and sometimes on log-in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Crashing overnight and sometimes on log-in: Hello, I started having issues a week or two ago where the computer would restart overnight. At first I thought it was updates but it kept on happening. I looked at Event Viewer system logs and googled some of the errors I saw and most people seemed to have RAM troubles. I...
  3. The log in process

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The log in process: Hi Guys I have an HP 64 bit laptop, and each time i open up, I have to clear a print/screen type of landscape (very nice) then I have to enter a pin. I am the only person who uses laptop and has access to it, so can I remove need to log in. Also, if I leave it unattended...
  4. Password protected comp: How do I stop the required log in process

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password protected comp: How do I stop the required log in process: I do not want to log in to use my computer every time I boot up or even when it has gone to sleep , how do I stop this requirement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protected-comp-how-do-i-stop-the-required/3f1d918f-dab5-44df-8d8d-a7b9c0a51061"
  5. Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Process Activation Service failing to start get error 15 or in event log Event ID 5217: Since installing the latest update Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.418] - My IIS no long runs. The Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) will not start. If I try manually start it, it gives Error 15 - if I go to the event log I see "The Windows Process Activation...
  6. Critical Process Died/Understanding Crash logs

Critical Process Died/Understanding Crash logs: Hello, I've recently completed my first pc build and its gone fairly well. Though in the last week I've ran into issues with windows 10 (regular crashing with BSOD with the message 'critical process died'). After doing some research I performed some sfc and dism scans with...
  7. How to log real-time processes, to find out what's slowing down an App

How to log real-time processes, to find out what's slowing down an App: THE PROBLEM: Recent Windows 10 Updates have impacted the performance of 3rd Party Ham Radio Applications. Been running the www.dxlabsuite.com software for many years, without problems. Thousands of other “hams” use the same software. THE IMPACT: When I try to do a...
  8. What is this creepy "UnistackSvcGroup" with a number of processes and WHY IS IT LOGGED IN...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is this creepy "UnistackSvcGroup" with a number of processes and WHY IS IT LOGGED IN...: Cleaning up and tweaking my window 10 box I stumbled upon MessagingService_44867, and then a number of other services (whose descriptions were uncomfortably vague) with _44867 at the end and all of them are initialized through svchost.exe so I cant remove these random...
  9. How can I log processes/sevices that are causing slow shutdown?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I log processes/sevices that are causing slow shutdown?: Ever since the 1709 update a week or two back my PC is much slower to shutdown than with the previous version. Is there anyway I can log or check what processes or services may be causing this? Thanks 104418
  10. Shutdown/startup process logging

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown/startup process logging: Does anyone know of a comprehensive guide to what should be recorded as a result of a default shutdown/startup sequence, i.e. what normal events/event IDs should I see in Event Viewer with fast startup enabled as opposed to any different events/event IDs recorded if fast...