Windows 10: The longer the PC stays on and used the longer it takes applications to load

Discus and support The longer the PC stays on and used the longer it takes applications to load in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a brand new souped up PC with a clean install of Windows10 Pro. Here is the issue. When I first boot the PC everything is refreshingly fast.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Greg Maxey, Mar 6, 2019.

1. The longer the PC stays on and used the longer it takes applications to load

I have a brand new souped up PC with a clean install of Windows10 Pro. Here is the issue.

When I first boot the PC everything is refreshingly fast. It boots fast, it is ready to use fast and applications (e.g., Microsoft Word) load in what might be called a blink of the eye. If it would only stay that way ;-(.

I typically never turn my PC off. As I use this PC over time, the loading of applications becomes depressingly slow. What used to take a second or two can now take 20 or 30 seconds. Eventually, I get fed up and restart the PC.

Surely this shouldn't be normal. Anyone have a suggestion or thought on how to resolve (without having to shutdown the PC)?

Thanks.

:)

Greg Maxey, Mar 6, 2019
  2. dinjo_jo Win User

Longer Load times in Unchartered II

Get a longer load times in Single player heard there is a patch but how do i install the patch

dinjo_jo, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Chatman99 Win User
    Programmes no longer loading on boot

Hi - Since this afternoon, some of my programmes no longer load on boot and one of them (AVAST) seems to load (according to Windows security settings) but doesn't appear in the system tray. The ones that do not load are:

Dropbox

Evernote

Chrometa

JD's Auto Speed Tester

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

Chatman99, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Aled T. Win User

The longer the PC stays on and used the longer it takes applications to load

Aled T., Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

The longer the PC stays on and used the longer it takes applications to load

1. The longer the PC stays on and used the longer it takes applications to load - Similar Threads - longer stays used

2. Blue screen is taking longer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen is taking longer: I was doing some schoolworks and I forgot that my laptop is already running low in battery. It shut down. and then blue screen appeared. Its almost 30 mns now but its still 0% complete. stop code: clock watchdog timeoutthank you!...
  3. Blue screen is taking longer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen is taking longer: I was doing some schoolworks and I forgot that my laptop is already running low in battery. It shut down. and then blue screen appeared. Its almost 30 mns now but its still 0% complete. stop code: clock watchdog timeoutthank you!...
  4. Computer no longer staying awake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer no longer staying awake: Greetings, I can’t find a forum for the command line, so I hope this is the right place. I can’t find anyone else with the same problem.I am having trouble keeping my computer awake. I have created a batch file to back up my laptop. It takes several hours for the script to...
  5. Computer no longer staying awake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer no longer staying awake: Greetings, I can’t find a forum for the command line, so I hope this is the right place. I can’t find anyone else with the same problem.I am having trouble keeping my computer awake. I have created a batch file to back up my laptop. It takes several hours for the script to...
  6. Photo Thumbnails with my face take noticeably longer to load????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Thumbnails with my face take noticeably longer to load????: Hello, I have decided on taking on the tedious task of organizing ALL my photos. In doing this, I chose a method involving selecting all the pictures with me Randy in it and moving them to a temporary folder to rename them all at once, Randy since windows automatically add #...
  7. Pc reset taking longer than expected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc reset taking longer than expected: Due to performance issues and a strange issue with my logins not saving correctly for multiple apps I have attempted to reset Windows. I began the reset about 5 hours ago selecting the option to remove all personal files and it is currently only on 19% Is this normal?...
  8. Program will no longer load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program will no longer load: I have Windows 10. I've been using a software entitled QuiltPro for years. I've upgraded every time one is offered. My program worked fine until just recently. Now it simply will not open. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but to no avail. The QuiltPro...
  9. Application will no longer run on one PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Application will no longer run on one PC: Strange problem. I have had Autoplay Media Studio 8.5 installed on this PC for a long time and now all of a sudden it won't work. Something appears to be blocking it from running or intercepting it and shutting it down. AMS 8.5 is a program for creating other programs which...
  10. Monitor taking longer and longer to "wake up" in the morning

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor taking longer and longer to "wake up" in the morning: Hello My Windows10 has suddenly started taking longer and longer for my monitor to come to life first thing in the morning. It now seems to take about 2 - 3 minutes! And it seems that I need to press the "Source" button on the screen as well. - Any advice?...