Windows 10: The lost of more folders after last Windows update

Discus and support The lost of more folders after last Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After my last Windows 10 update I lost some very important folders with their content without any warning. I want to mention that immediately after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ConstantinAndrei2, Jun 17, 2020.

1. The lost of more folders after last Windows update

After my last Windows 10 update I lost some very important folders with their content without any warning.

I want to mention that immediately after I've updated Windows that files and folders were available I opened some of these files yesterday, but today they suddenly disappeared.

I want to mention that a lot of these information are very important - even critical - for me.

I related this extinction with Windows10 update, because after the update the Desktop folder remained empty. Now, atfer this update, I have no icon on desktop some folders I've lost are from this folder - i.e Desktop

:)

ConstantinAndrei2, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jun 17, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 17, 2020
  4. gabbydgar Win User

The lost of more folders after last Windows update

Folder in Favorites lost

Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost folder or how to restore it.

gabbydgar, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

The lost of more folders after last Windows update

1. The lost of more folders after last Windows update - Similar Threads - lost more folders

2. no more sound after last Windows 10 updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no more sound after last Windows 10 updates.: Sound card: Sound Blaster Audigy Fx.The speaker icon on the taskbar is showing a red dot with an X inside. The message when I put the curser on it is: "No audio device installed"...
  3. Lost printer after last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost printer after last Windows 10 update: My printer stopped working last week and yesterday, in order to get it working again, I restored to the previous update on june 9th . . . then it worked again. Last night windows updated itself again and the printer has stopped working again . . . by not working i mean...
  4. Lost Folders and Files After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Folders and Files After Windows Update: I have just discovered some missing files and folders. Some of these are complex spreadsheets that took weeks to create. This happened recently after Windows updated my computer. HELP PLEASE!...
  5. Lost folder after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost folder after update: So a friend of mine had a windows update maybe 2 weeks ago and now there is a folder missing which before has been on his desktop. I checked the shortcut path but it doesnt exist anymore. It tells me the folder is on C:/User/... but now C:/User doesnt even exist. It only...
  6. LOST WIFI AFTER LAST UPDATE

LOST WIFI AFTER LAST UPDATE: I have a Broadcom wifi that no longer works and have been unable to reset even after a reinstall HELP. There is only a usb and no ethernet as is a LINX 12/64 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-after-last-update/8dce5a7c-c9ef-4075-b43c-3f6d091ea10e
  7. Lost document update after last upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost document update after last upgrade: I was working on a word document when I got the notification for update windows. I hit update later and continued to work on the document. After a few hours, I saved the document (to my desktop where it has been since it was created a couple of weeks ago). Then updated...
  8. Start Menu icons lost after last Windows Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu icons lost after last Windows Update: Yesterday, I installed the latest Windows 10 updates. After that update, I have noticed that some of my Start Menu icons don't show up properly. These appear to mostly be the Office 365 icons. I rebooted my computer again today and these icons are still not showing up...
  9. Lost DVD player after last Creators update

Lost DVD player after last Creators update: Have a Sata DVD player (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40 SCSI CdRom Device) that will not recognized cd's/dvd's after successful Fall Creators Update. The DVD is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40 SCSI CdRom Device.....working fine prior to update. It is recognized in Windows and Windows...
  10. Lost "more" folders content

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost "more" folders content: I have just installed Windows 10 on my computer. I have come to realize the content of my "MORE" folders is missing. These folders are important to me. How can I retrieve them? 95025