Windows 10: The main disk on my computer has been changed from c: to x: or perhaps e: somehow...?

Discus and support The main disk on my computer has been changed from c: to x: or perhaps e: somehow...? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer is unable to start windows. When I try to start my computer I see a blue screen which states that I have "bad system config info". Due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Candice Goddard, Dec 16, 2018.

1. The main disk on my computer has been changed from c: to x: or perhaps e: somehow...?

My computer is unable to start windows.

When I try to start my computer I see a blue screen which states that I have "bad system config info".

Due to previous when my computer restarts it immediately beings start up repair which says that it can't fix the problem and then tells me to "Log file: E:\windows\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"

I go to the option to try to repair my computer and find that:

1. All of my system restore points are gone.
    2. None of the alternative start up options work. I can't enter safe mode or any other option.
    3. Resetting my computer doesn't work for either option, the full clean or other. The process starts and then reverses itself.
    4. Trying to create a reinstallation media to reinstall windows 10 doesn't work. I created the media and it starts up but won't install anything.
    5. All of my files have been moved to the E drive of my computer. (I found this out after opening word pad from the command prompt in the windows repair environment from whence I could see what was where).
    6. The computer claims that my C drive only has 4GB despite the fact that it has 500GB at least 200GB of which was unused (since I like to have a little space to work with).
    7. In command prompt it opens with "X:\" and says "Not enough memory resources are available to process this command."

So I'd like to know how do I change my main drive back to C: or what other option there is, since somehow my computer has shifted everything from the C drive automatically.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Candice Goddard, Dec 16, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Ethan B. Win User
    Increase space on local E disk

Lawrence,

That would require going into Disk Management (hit Windows key + X, and it should be there in the menu), then you would have to delete the C drive (which is not possible, since this is most likely your system drive) to extend that space to E.

How big is your E drive exactly? It's most likely a recovery or other kind of crucial partition that is really meant to be out of view, hence the suggestion to use Diskpart to hide the letter assignment and get rid of the notifications.

Let me know.

Ethan B., Dec 16, 2018
  4. The main disk on my computer has been changed from c: to x: or perhaps e: somehow...?

Hard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared!

Ok i tried all the steps to this but neither disk D: or E: appeared. Only C: is still there. Thanks though.

Max203_727, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

The main disk on my computer has been changed from c: to x: or perhaps e: somehow...?

1. The main disk on my computer has been changed from c: to x: or perhaps e: somehow...? - Similar Threads - main disk computer

2. somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD...: somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD that was originally intended for storing photos and other media. How do I change it back?...
  3. somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD...: somehow my default drive was changed from drive E to drive C. Drive C is only a small HD that was originally intended for storing photos and other media. How do I change it back?...
  4. I had converted my windows disk from Local disk C to E, how can i change it back to C?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had converted my windows disk from Local disk C to E, how can i change it back to C?: I had converted my windows disk from Local disk C to E, how can i change it back to C? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-converted-my-windows-disk-from-local-disk-c/9db64a6b-d40f-4f6a-9ef5-bda4e6dbda6e
  5. I had converted my windows disk from Local disk C to E, how can i change it back to C?

I had converted my windows disk from Local disk C to E, how can i change it back to C?: I had converted my windows disk from Local disk C to E, how can i change it back to C? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-converted-my-windows-disk-from-local-disk-c/9db64a6b-d40f-4f6a-9ef5-bda4e6dbda6e
  6. I had converted my windows disk from Local disk C to E, how can i change it back to C?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My microsoft account has been hacked and my e-mail has been changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My microsoft account has been hacked and my e-mail has been changed: Due to an e-mail breach, my microsoft account has been hacked, and the email used for it has been changed to some rambler.ru email adress. I have tried but have been unable to use account recovery as I don't know the full email. Changing passwords, trying to log in for games...
  8. My microsoft account has been hacked and my e-mail has been changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft account has been hacked and my e-mail has been changed: Due to an e-mail breach, my microsoft account has been hacked, and the email used for it has been changed to some rambler.ru email adress. I have tried but have been unable to use account recovery as I don't know the full email. Changing passwords, trying to log in for games...
  9. My microsoft account has been hacked and my e-mail has been changed

10. external hard drive has been changed from "freeagent disk" to "local disk" with all my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    external hard drive has been changed from "freeagent disk" to "local disk" with all my...: i hope this is the right community, sorry if it isn't.. i literally didnt do anything to this hard drive. didn't add anything to it (except my work files) , then when i plugged it in, it changed its name to local disk and all my files were gone. i don't know how this happened...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. somehow i ended up with a drive c and drive d on my computer

2. i changed my main disk now i cant open programs

3. I somehow have windows 8 and ten on my computer