Windows 10: the maps manager hung at start and it crashed my pc

Discus and support the maps manager hung at start and it crashed my pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 6/29/2020 9:26:37 PM Event ID: 7022 Task Category: None Level:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kjl1956, Jun 29, 2020.

1. kjl1956 Win User

the maps manager hung at start and it crashed my pc

Log Name: System
    Source: Service Control Manager
    Date: 6/29/2020 9:26:37 PM
    Event ID: 7022
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: DESKTOP-SVOCV7A
    Description:
    The Downloaded Maps Manager service hung on starting.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7022</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-06-30T03:26:37.295899600Z" />
    <EventRecordID>189458</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="304" ThreadID="800" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-SVOCV7A</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">Downloaded Maps Manager</Data>
    <Binary>4D00610070007300420072006F006B00650072000000</Binary>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

kjl1956, Jun 29, 2020

2. background (wallpaper) seems to be hung

I see on my background a picture from a series of pictures I wanted for a slide show. Went to Settings/Personalization/Backgrond and followed the steps once upon a time and I think it worked? Anyway, now the app appears to be hung and I don't know how to get it working. I've tried going through the settings and can change the background (behind the slideshow) color but nothing else. I found your forum and tried many of the ideas suggested to no avail. Can someone suggest how to get it working again?

hustlinghare, Jun 29, 2020
  3. apps that use the service svchost downloaded map manager or MapBroker crash

After update to windows 10 10586 the Maps app crashes on startup. So does the newest version of the Accuweather app. And the The Weather Channel app crashes when you click on the map icon to get radar or satellite images.

The included Microsoft weather app doesn't crash when displaying a radar image, but that map can't be zoomed down to the city and street level so I think it's using a built in higher level map of the united states.

I am on 10586.29 with updates as of 12/18/2015. I have run the app troubleshooter and system file checker with no improvement.

If I run task manager at the same time I run either the Accuweather or Weather Channel app I can see an svchost process named 'downloaded map manager' start and stop and the weather app crash. Their are event viewer messages when those apps crash referencing
    either the downloaded map manager or the mapbroker.

Any suggestions?

ThomasGGregg, Jun 29, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. the maps manager hung at start and it crashed my pc - Similar Threads - maps manager hung

2. PC crashed and started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashed and started: So today my Asus Laptop had a problem loading at startup, it froze to a blue screen with a frown and said there was a problem. on next boot it went to a system troubleshooting page with options to troubleshoot or shutdown. I went to troubleshooting and couldn't fix the...
  3. PC crashed and started

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashed and started: So today my Asus Laptop had a problem loading at startup, it froze to a blue screen with a frown and said there was a problem. on next boot it went to a system troubleshooting page with options to troubleshoot or shutdown. I went to troubleshooting and couldn't fix the...
  4. PC crashed and started

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The power service hung at starting ? but the pc starts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The power service hung at starting ? but the pc starts: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2/8/2021 12:19:16 PM Event ID: 7022 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-SVOCV7A Description: The Power service hung on...
  6. My PC crashed and then started updating.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC crashed and then started updating.: This happened like 20 minutes ago. I was doing my work and out of nowhere white dots started appearing where my cursor went, and then my PC BSOD'd and shut off. I turned it on selected windows from grub and then the little "loading wheel" came up, without any logo of windows...
  7. My PC Started crashing... again.

My PC Started crashing... again.: Hey all. So a couples months back my PC was crashing very frequently, almost 10 times a day for about 2 weeks. Im still kind of unsure of what happened back then, but it fixed itself after a couple of weeks trying differents things that didn't quite work out. My PC is new, I...
  8. The PC crashed and will not start

The PC crashed and will not start: Hello, so today my Asus desktop PC had a problem loading at startup, it froze with a frowning blue screen saying there was a problem. Any ideas on how to fix it?...
  9. PC hungs in Bios on start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC hungs in Bios on start up: Hi, Tried to refresh W10 by inserting W10 USB set it in bios priority boot & the start hungs up as per attached. Pressed Delete to go in Setup with no response. Removed the USB stick but the effect remains the same. The Repair mem stick has same effect, I am well & truly...
  10. Program manager hung on shutdown, logitech devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program manager hung on shutdown, logitech devices: Program manager hung on shutdown, logitech devices. Was getting this error on shutting down win10 pc. After updating the setpoint software from within the app updated to version 6.69.114 this error is gone. I only use logitech keyboard and mouse so do not know if it will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com