Windows 10: The May 2019 update ruined the AMD Audio Controller

Discus and support The May 2019 update ruined the AMD Audio Controller in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has been happening ever since I installed this update. Audio will ONLY play through speakers and not headphones, or vice versa; it's competently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nightcrawler47, Oct 29, 2019.

1. The May 2019 update ruined the AMD Audio Controller

This has been happening ever since I installed this update.

Audio will ONLY play through speakers and not headphones, or vice versa; it's competently random as to which one it chooses. I figured out the only way fix it (temporarily) is to go in Device Manager and disable and re-enable the AMD Audio Controller. wtf.

Any permanent solutions? Thanks.

SOLVED: fixed the problem by installing these drivers. Big Thanks to tplgigo

submitted by /u/nightcrawler47
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nightcrawler47, Oct 29, 2019

2. The update ruined my audio

On 06/12/2019 my Windows had an update and it ruined my sound! The computer will not let the audio out. I already uninstalled the update, and the audio came back up, but it updated again, and the same problem occurred. I have already uninstalled and updated
    drivers, but nothing works in this new version.

GabrielRodrigues[], Oct 30, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Oct 30, 2019
  4. The May 2019 update ruined the AMD Audio Controller

volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

The May 2019 update ruined the AMD Audio Controller

1. The May 2019 update ruined the AMD Audio Controller - Similar Threads - May 2019 update

2. A Windows 10 Update May Have Ruined My Laptop's Audio :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A Windows 10 Update May Have Ruined My Laptop's Audio :(: TLDR; My laptop audio is just static for some reason and I have no idea why, but I'll give the complete story in case it helps with troubleshooting: So three days ago, my Windows 10 laptop decided to update as I was shutting down. I let it do so as usual. I just left the...
  3. Update ruined network controller.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update ruined network controller.: Hey all, With this latest windows update also came this neat feature where my network controller doesn't work. I'm running an ROG Areion 10G network card on a Zenith Extreme mobo. If I switch to wifi I have internet however the network card and the onboard ethernet port can't...
  4. May 2019 Update Catastrophe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2019 Update Catastrophe: ANY HELP COMMENTS ??? To Whom it may Concern, I am running Windows 10: Lic #**** on a new MSI AMD MB, NVME HD, AMD RYZEN 5 CPU, w/ 8G RAM. On Oct 12 2019 your company FORCED the May 2019 to Update my computer, which corrupted the entire version of Windows 10, I was...
  5. May 2019 Update Catastrophe

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    May 2019 Update Catastrophe: ANY COMMENTS ??? To Whom it may Concern, I am running Windows 10: **** - **** – **** – **** – **** on a new MSI AMD MB, NVME HD, AMD RYZEN 5 CPU, w/ 8G RAM. On Oct 12 2019 your company FORCED the May 2019 to Update my computer, which corrupted the entire version of...
  6. Desktop audio stuttering randomly after May 2019 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop audio stuttering randomly after May 2019 update: Hey, I've been experiencing random desktop audio stutter after installing the may 2019 update. It happens up to 3 or 4 times a day and It only lasts for a split second. It sounds like a BlueScreen coming up but it never does and everything continues operating normally. I am...
  7. Windows 10 v1903 May 2019 Update blocked by AMD Drivers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 v1903 May 2019 Update blocked by AMD Drivers: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 v1903 offers a slew of features and performance improvement over the previous version. As always I was very eager to test the Windows 10 v1903. However, I was in for a nasty surprise. My Windows 10 PC refused [...] This post Windows 10 v1903 May...
  8. Windows update MAY 2019

Windows update MAY 2019: Hello , I want to know that when 1903 update will be released for India and what will the size of the update. Thanks in advance.........
  9. Windows 10 May 2019 Update may not install on some AMD PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update may not install on some AMD PCs: Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) is finally here for production devices. While the rollout is happening in waves through Windows Update, anyone can still install the new version on their PCs with the Media Creation Tool. As reported recently, Windows 10 May 2019...
  10. May 2019 update

May 2019 update: Hello. I was wondering when the 1903 of windows will be released? How many weeks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2019-update/e1ff5233-7c1c-4c7f-8fe3-cd9d0089c39c