Windows 10: The MessagingService_1e2d55f service terminated with the following error: The device is...

Discus and support The MessagingService_1e2d55f service terminated with the following error: The device is... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am searching through my event viewer for errors and warnings. it is a new computer to me with all recent windows 10 updates Some I have found to be... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by James_2019, Dec 31, 2019.

1. The MessagingService_1e2d55f service terminated with the following error: The device is...

I am searching through my event viewer for errors and warnings. it is a new computer to me with all recent windows 10 updates Some I have found to be normal according to forums. This error seems to occur every time I log on, when the service tries to load using the program

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k UnistackSvcGroup

I do not seem to have any authority to alter this entry, and it is probably just as well as I have no idea what device it is trying to access.

I gather that this is not malware, and it is a service which is provided by Microsoft. I have run windows defender and it has not found any issues on my computer since I have owned it.

I do not generally want to use messaging, although perhaps I am using messaging currently. Can I safely ignore this error?

:)

James_2019, Dec 31, 2019
  2. Ron6962 Win User

Windows Search Service Terminated

Basic problem is slow start-up and very slow opening files and programs. Here is history of the computer...
    1. Original OS was Windows 7
    2. Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10, all worked OK
    3. Windows 10 updated with Anniversary Update, problem began
    I first looked in the System Log Event Viewer and found dozens of red errors titled as "The Windows Search Service terminated with the following service-specific error: %%2388525884" The error test and the error code is the same for dozens of times, and seems to grow with more use of the computer. Here is what I have tried so far...
    1. Ran SFC SCANNOW, no help
    2. Ran CHKDSK, no help
    3. Tried a Repair of Windows 10, would not repair, except for clean install
      Googled the error and found nothing of help
    I am at a loss as to what to try next, and really don't want to have to do a clean install, so any advice is appreciated.

Ron6962, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Martin_R. Win User
    Event Id 7023 Windows Anniversary Update - The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error: Unspecified error

Hey everybody,

I got lost during your conversation. But I definitely found a solution for my problem!
    Here it is:

Problem Description

• Event Viewer reports Event ID 7023:

The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error:

Unspecified error
    • Service "Connected Device Platform Service" cannot be started manually. Error message shown:

Windows could not start Connected Device Platform Service service on Local Computer. Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error
    • System (more specifically explorer.exe) hangs for about 1-2 minutes after Windows 10 was booted.
    • Wireless Display Connection (WiDi) fails to connect.
    Solution

In Settings -> Privacy -> General, option "Let apps on my other devices open apps and continue experiences on this device" is turned OFF. Turn this ON (which is the default setting) and all the problems listed above are
    gone!

This problem shows me that the quality insurance of Microsoft really sucks since the release of 1511. The Anniversary Update has caused me multiple headaches and I really hate that I am forced to install "Feature Updates" which are so bloody buggy like ****.
    The problem above is not the only one I am facing. And most problems have even been present after a complete clean install of Windows 10 1607.

Please mark this posting as solution if I was able to help you. Thanks.

With best regards,

Borkar

External link (German):
    https://ibelievable.blogspot.de/2017/04/windows-10-1607-bleibt-nach-neustart.html

Martin_R., Dec 31, 2019
  4. The MessagingService_1e2d55f service terminated with the following error: The device is...

Event Id 7023 Windows Anniversary Update - The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error: Unspecified error

Nigel

I had not linked the two threads.

The Event ID: 55 and 56 reports do not appear in the Event Viewer System log so you need to copy and paste a copy of one of the reports so that I cannot discover where they come.

Paragraph 2.33 of the General notes on Event Viewer:

http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/syserrors6.htm

This persistent and intriguing error appears in your System log.

Log Name: System

Source: Service Control Manager

Date: 25/08/2016 08:14:18

Event ID: 7023

Level: Error

Description:

The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error:

Unspecified error

Connected Devices and Universal Glass scenarios

Connected Devices Platform Service (CDPSvc) Defaults in Windows 10

The link above contains these lines:

Restore Default Startup Configuration for Connected Devices Platform Service

1. Select your Windows 10 edition and release, and then click Download.

You might try what is suggested to see if it fixes the error.

Gerry C J Cornell, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

The MessagingService_1e2d55f service terminated with the following error: The device is...

1. The MessagingService_1e2d55f service terminated with the following error: The device is... - Similar Threads - MessagingService_1e2d55f service terminated

2. The RstMwService service terminated with the following error:%%2684420176

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The RstMwService service terminated with the following error:%%2684420176: I've been getting this error message as my PC crashes and/or gets a BSOD. So far I've crashed 7 times in a few hours. Reinstalling windows didn't help either. Here are my PC specs:ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 7600 6-Core ProcessorVideo CardAMD Radeon RX 6750 XTVideo Card #2AMD...
  3. The RstMwService service terminated with the following error:%%2684420176

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The RstMwService service terminated with the following error:%%2684420176: I've been getting this error message as my PC crashes and/or gets a BSOD. So far I've crashed 7 times in a few hours. Reinstalling windows didn't help either. Here are my PC specs:ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 7600 6-Core ProcessorVideo CardAMD Radeon RX 6750 XTVideo Card #2AMD...
  4. BSOD The RstMwService service terminated with the following error: %%2684420176

BSOD The RstMwService service terminated with the following error: %%2684420176: This problem occurs every time I play War Thunder, but only when I am entering a match. For some reason, after playing for 2-3 minutes, Black Screen of Death occurred and there is no way to mitigate it. However, after restarting the PC for the first time after the BSOD, the...
  5. BSOD The RstMwService service terminated with the following error: %%2684420176

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD The RstMwService service terminated with the following error: %%2684420176: This problem occurs every time I play War Thunder, but only when I am entering a match. For some reason, after playing for 2-3 minutes, Black Screen of Death occurred and there is no way to mitigate it. However, after restarting the PC for the first time after the BSOD, the...
  6. BSOD The RstMwService service terminated with the following error: %%2684420176

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD The RstMwService service terminated with the following error: %%2684420176: My notebook Acer Swift 3 SF314-57G got BSOD after upgraded to Windows 11. At the first time upgraded, it run well but I don't know when it start, in this week everyday I've got BSOD.Here is the mini dump of memory:...
  7. BSOD The RstMwService service terminated with the following error: %%2684420176

BSOD The RstMwService service terminated with the following error: %%2684420176: My notebook Acer Swift 3 SF314-57G got BSOD after upgraded to Windows 11. At the first time upgraded, it run well but I don't know when it start, in this week everyday I've got BSOD.Here is the mini dump of memory:...
  8. The FDResPub service terminated with the following error: The requested address is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The FDResPub service terminated with the following error: The requested address is not...: How can I remedi this?Thank you.>The FDResPub service terminated with the following error: >The requested address is not valid in its context.- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Service Control Manager"...
  9. The FDResPub service terminated with the following error: The requested address is not...

The FDResPub service terminated with the following error: The requested address is not...: How can I remedi this?Thank you.>The FDResPub service terminated with the following error: >The requested address is not valid in its context.- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Service Control Manager"...
  10. The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error:...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error:...: The threat service keeps stopping a couple of minutes after the system has booted. I attempt to restart it I get an unexpected error occured dialog The following error is logged in the Event Viewer,,, The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MessagingService 7023 error

2. event error 7023 messaging service terminated windows 10

3. event id 7023 service control manager messaging service windows 10