Windows 10: The mice on two computers control the wrong computer

Discus and support The mice on two computers control the wrong computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We have two desktops both running WIN 10 Home 20H2 OS build 19042.906. This is the second occasion when the bluetooth mouse on each computer has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Baz41, May 4, 2021.

1. Baz41 Win User

The mice on two computers control the wrong computer

We have two desktops both running WIN 10 Home 20H2 OS build 19042.906. This is the second occasion when the bluetooth mouse on each computer has switched to controlling the other computer and not the computer it has been installed on. Physically move the mice to the "wrong" computer and all works fine but I can't work out why. When one of the computers is shut down, the "wrong" mouse stays connected to the other computer. Shut down both computers, turn both mice off the start one computer and the "wrong" mouse is still in control.

:)

Baz41, May 4, 2021
  2. Baz41 Win User

We have two desktops both running WIN 10 Home 20H2 OS build 19042.906. This is the second occasion when the bluetooth mouse on each computer has switched to controlling the other computer and not the computer it has been installed on. Physically move the mice to the "wrong" computer and all works fine but I can't work out why. When one of the computers is shut down, the "wrong" mouse stays connected to the other computer. Shut down both computers, turn both mice off the start one computer and the "wrong" mouse is still in control.

Baz41, May 5, 2021
  3. Baz41 Win User

Thanks Denis. Last time I removed the bluetooth mouse on one computer and reverted to a corded mouse. That seemed to fix the problem and later I re-installed the bluetooth mouse. I suspect the cause could be related to my computer connecting to the other by bluetooth. When I have been into Settings on both occasions, my computer lists the other under bluetooth connections but it was showing "not connected". The first time I removed the entry in Other Devices but it had returned. I have deleted the entry once again but the error still exists. Both computers are operating perfectly at the moment using the wrong mice. The mice come from different manufacturers.

Baz

Baz41, May 5, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Baz,

In that case all I can think of is that you could try unpairing both mice from both computers then starting again. But you've probably already tried it anyway.Do both these steps:- Remove from Settings, Devices, Bluetooth - select each mouse's entry then click on the Remove device button- Remove from Control panel, Device & printers - select each mouse icon then right-click & select Remove device

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,
    Denis

Try3, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. The mice on two computers control the wrong computer - Similar Threads - mice computers control

2. Two computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two computers: I have something going own i never seen before. My laptop is on the left side of my desk/my desktop is over to the right side. I have two monitors a 27 and a 24 in side by side. laptop is running windows 10 pro, desktop running 11 pro. When I install anything on desktop, and...
  3. Two computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two computers: I have something going own i never seen before. My laptop is on the left side of my desk/my desktop is over to the right side. I have two monitors a 27 and a 24 in side by side. laptop is running windows 10 pro, desktop running 11 pro. When I install anything on desktop, and...
  4. Two computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. two mice with different speeds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two mice with different speeds?: I have a weird one. When I'm on my desktop, I'm using my trackball connected via the kvm. When I'm on the laptop, and I want to control the internet radio, I have an old mouse connected through usb directly to the PC, so I can control volume of the music.The problem is that...
  6. two mice with different speeds?

two mice with different speeds?: I have a weird one. When I'm on my desktop, I'm using my trackball connected via the kvm. When I'm on the laptop, and I want to control the internet radio, I have an old mouse connected through usb directly to the PC, so I can control volume of the music.The problem is that...
  7. two mice with different speeds?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Two computers . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two computers . . .: This computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.Which is the, winver#1. Picture, below.My, other computer. Is also, a Dell. A, different model. It's also running, Windows 10.Which is the, winver#2. Picture, below.Both computers, are the same version.But the OS builds,...
  9. Two computers . . .

Two computers . . .: This computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.Which is the, winver#1. Picture, below.My, other computer. Is also, a Dell. A, different model. It's also running, Windows 10.Which is the, winver#2. Picture, below.Both computers, are the same version.But the OS builds,...
  10. Two computers . . .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade