Windows 10: The microphone and sound disappeared

Discus and support The microphone and sound disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please help, I can't use my microphone and input devices have disappeared on freshly updated Lenovo Windows 10 64-bit laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesBurden3, Nov 24, 2021.

1. The microphone and sound disappeared

Please help, I can't use my microphone and input devices have disappeared on freshly updated Lenovo Windows 10 64-bit laptop.

:)

JamesBurden3, Nov 24, 2021
  2. Julie Ram Win User

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

Hello Ferryn,

Seems that you're done with some troubleshooting steps. For additional assistance, try following the steps provided:

• Go to Sound properties > Recording tab.
    • Right Click Microphone Device.
    • Click on Listen tab.
    • Check Listen to this device.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Vicky Acs Win User
    Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Nov 24, 2021
  4. The microphone and sound disappeared

Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

The microphone and sound disappeared

1. The microphone and sound disappeared - Similar Threads - microphone sound disappeared

2. Microphone disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone disappeared: My internal microphone has completely disappeared - I run windows 11. When I go to the recording tab the microphone is greyed out and it says the high definition audio device is not plugged in. Please help. What can I do?...
  3. Microphone disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone disappeared: My internal microphone has completely disappeared - I run windows 11. When I go to the recording tab the microphone is greyed out and it says the high definition audio device is not plugged in. Please help. What can I do?...
  4. The microphone and sound disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The microphone and sound disappeared: Please help, I can't use my microphone and input devices have disappeared on freshly updated Lenovo Windows 10 64-bit laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microphone-and-sound-disappeared/75d6855a-6023-4184-9b71-4488b317b72e
  5. The microphone and sound disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The microphone and sound disappeared: Please help, I can't use my microphone and input devices have disappeared on freshly updated Lenovo Windows 10 64-bit laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microphone-and-sound-disappeared/75d6855a-6023-4184-9b71-4488b317b72e
  6. Microphone problem and sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone problem and sound: My microphone is not picking up sound just staying stagnant and not moving at all. Have unmute in the setting. Pls help. Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-problem-and-sound/adc7434d-f6f8-4fbe-981c-7dbaa38a4edd
  7. Sound and Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound and Microphone not working: So a while ago my ThinkPad E480 laptop stopped giving output to my speakers and the audio jack, and it was annoying but I usually use my Bluetooth headset so I was fine. Then my headset died and it didn't work tried a few things, nothing, restarted my computer the sound...
  8. Microphone mutes sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone mutes sound: This has been happening as long as I can remember but only recently has it been a problem.I use a headset with a built in microphone and whenever an application activates the microphone it mutes any sound from other applications and most of the time the sound from the...
  9. Microphone transmits sounds?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone transmits sounds?: Since today, my microphone front from the headset transmits the sounds that are played back on the PC and no longer when I speak into the microphone. Drivers are up-to-date. Where can I change that? Use Windows 10. Mikrofon überträgt Sounds?
  10. Sound disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound disappeared: Hello! Today I got new unpleasant surprise - the sound disappeared. I didn't do anything unusual today, in the evening installed PCloud and then uninstalled it. I restarted the PC but the sound didn't appear. Everything seems ok in Device Manager. In Winamp the songs don't...