Windows 10: The microphone does not work after the update of Windows 10 version 1903

Discus and support The microphone does not work after the update of Windows 10 version 1903 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Last night I updated my PC. I came home tonight and I am receiving voice reproduction. My microphone no longer works in Discord or in any other form... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobynPowell, Sep 3, 2019.

1. The microphone does not work after the update of Windows 10 version 1903

Last night I updated my PC. I came home tonight and I am receiving voice reproduction.
    My microphone no longer works in Discord or in any other form of communication. I'm upset because I listen to voice playback and super upset because my microphone doesn't work anymore. I have tried to configure it and I receive an error from the wizard that says make sure your audio hardware is working correctly. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing works! I have been working on this for 2 hours. Please help me with this!

:)

RobynPowell, Sep 3, 2019

2. Window 10, Version 1903 May Update

Andre:

1. Why are all of the links that you listed not completed. On my computer currently it has Windows 10 Home Version 1803, installed 6/29/2018 with O.S. Build 17134.799. It has used space of 187 GB and 257 GB of free space.

I attempted to install Version 1903 Manually, through Settings/Windows Update, Windows 10 Update Assistant, and other ways without success. I have spent the better part of the past 3 days trying to get this accomplished on my laptop. It has worked on my
    PC but not on the laptop.

Listed below are the different error messages that I get after the download stops each time at 90% and converts back to previous settings:

a. Windows 10, Version 1903 error message (0x80240034)

b. We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x800703fb)

c. We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0xC1900101 - 0x4000D)

d. Feature update to Windows 10, Version 1903, We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x80070652)

If there are ways to get this latest update installed on my laptop, please let me know what I have to do in detail, step by step.

David

explorer446, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Built in Microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after an upgrade of Windows the microphone is not working, we will look in to this for you. However, in order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What type of upgrade are you referring to, is it a system upgrade or an update?
    • What is the complete model number of the tablet?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 3, 2019
  4. NiklasG Win User

The microphone does not work after the update of Windows 10 version 1903

Microphone not working on Windows 10 Version 1803

In addition to

• Go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone (left column)
    • Make sure "Microphone access for this device is on"
    • And switch "Allow access to the microphone on this device" to on

as Ermish's suggested, I had to

• disable and enable one of my microphones for the changes to apply apply.

Then all my microphones worked again.

NiklasG, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

The microphone does not work after the update of Windows 10 version 1903

1. The microphone does not work after the update of Windows 10 version 1903 - Similar Threads - microphone does update

2. The microphone does not work after a recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The microphone does not work after a recent update: My PC updated today, and so far everything has been fine. After finishing the update, my microphone will not work now. I know it is not the microphone itself or the headphones, as again there were no problems until the most recent update I put on the PC....
  3. The microphone does not work after a recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The microphone does not work after a recent update: My PC updated today, and so far everything has been fine. After finishing the update, my microphone will not work now. I know it is not the microphone itself or the headphones, as again there were no problems until the most recent update I put on the PC....
  4. The microphone does not work after a recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microphone not working after Windows Update to Windows 10, Version 2004

Microphone not working after Windows Update to Windows 10, Version 2004: Hello, I'm having issues with my microphone since I finally decided to perform the latest windows update a couple of days ago. Since then the Realtek High Definition Audio microphone is not working anymore, neither via the built-in laptop microphone nor with earbuds and...
  6. Windows will not update after Version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows will not update after Version 1903: My Windows 10 has not updated since Aug. 21, 2019. The Windows Update says updates has not been checked since 2019.09.16. System specs, state Windows 10 Home, 1903, 18362.356. I keep clicking check and retry every few weeks, but Microsoft or my install doesn't appear to...
  7. Windows 10 - Version 1903 - Start button does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Version 1903 - Start button does not work: The Start button for the additional users on my Dell does not work since the install of 1903 in early November 2019. What needs to be done to get it operating?...
  8. Windows 10 version 1903 wireless does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 version 1903 wireless does not work: I recently updated my computer through the Windows update. After this installation, my wireless controller stopped working and did not connect to my WiFi. Thank you, Michael...
  9. Microphone not working after Windows 10 Version 1809 update

Microphone not working after Windows 10 Version 1809 update: I updated my PC last night i come home tonight and I am getting voice playback. My mic no longer works on Discord or any other form of communication. i am annoyed that i am hearing voice play back and super annoyed my mic no longer works. I use a Bluesnow Ball and I have no...
  10. Microphone Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update (Version 1803)

Microphone Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update (Version 1803): As the title says I have encountered this problem once I had to get this mandatory update. I did a rollback the previous build I had and the microphone (detachable microphone for headphones) was working fine. Nothing wrong with the cable and drivers are up to date. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone now working with win10 1903