Windows 10: The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts?

Discus and support The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KarinCollin, May 8, 2019.

1. The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts?

The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts?

:)

KarinCollin, May 8, 2019
  2. poit57 Win User

Microsoft Account authentication

After more research, I have found my answer. It looks like the issue was that Microsoft released a new Microsoft Authenticator app with the features first introduced in Microsoft Authenticator Beta. The new app received a prompt to approve access to my Microsoft
    Account when signing on from a new PC, though I find it strange that the beta app wasn't directly upgraded to the new version of the app.

Microsoft now has three 2 step authentication apps available in the store for Windows 10 Mobile:

• Authenticator - original app from Windows Phone 8
    • Microsoft Authenticator Beta - originally released to Windows 10 users when Windows 10 Mobile was only available on the Windows Insider program.
    • Microsoft Authenticator - the official Windows 10 app no longer in beta

poit57, May 8, 2019
  3. Microsoft Officially Launches Outlook.com

Outlook e-mail does not have Multi-factor authentication in the strictest sense - at least when compared to GMail. However if you try to change anything "personal" about your Microsoft/Live account, then it will ask for a temp code it texts to your phone.

So, yes and no in regards to your question. No, it doesn't require two-factor authentication to log-in, but if you go and try your change some "critical" account settings, it will ask you for a second step of verification. However, in regards to whether the e-mail service specifically offers two-step authentication for login; the answer would be no.

Solidstate89, May 8, 2019
  4. The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts?

The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts?

I was able to resolve the issue by flushing my Browser cache/history and removing all saved passwords. After doing this I was then forced to enter my credentials and routed to the correctly location and not stuck is some "login loop".

To answer your questions:

1. Yes it was ONLY MSDN

2. Yes I used a different browser and got the same results

3. The exact error message is listed in my original post link (see above)

Microsoft seem to use "clear your cache" as a solution to many of their OS update problems, wouldn't it be more prudent if Microsoft address the problem "at source" ... meaning the 1803 OS update?

Updating on other platforms like OSX or iOS doesn't seem to suffer from the same issues that Microsoft updates introduce. So obviously it can be done and the question is why isn't Microsoft correcting the problem with it's updates?

Cheers, Rob.

RobAinscough, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts? - Similar Threads - Microsoft account login

2. Privacy concern- Many attempted logins to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy concern- Many attempted logins to my Microsoft account: Recently I have seen that in my signin activity section of Microsoft account there are many login attempts from unknown locations. And today I even received a mail stating that someone was trying to login in my Amazon account. I am very much worried and tensed and feeling...
  3. Privacy concern- Many attempted logins to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Privacy concern- Many attempted logins to my Microsoft account: Recently I have seen that in my signin activity section of Microsoft account there are many login attempts from unknown locations. And today I even received a mail stating that someone was trying to login in my Amazon account. I am very much worried and tensed and feeling...
  4. Too many failed login attempts, but I didn't try to login...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many failed login attempts, but I didn't try to login...: I put my computer on sleep mode and took a bit of a break, and when I came back it wouldn't let me log in because it said that I had put in too many wrong password attempts. What's weird about this is that no one went and tried to physically log on to my PC. It said to input...
  5. Too many failed login attempts, but I didn't try to login...

Too many failed login attempts, but I didn't try to login...: I put my computer on sleep mode and took a bit of a break, and when I came back it wouldn't let me log in because it said that I had put in too many wrong password attempts. What's weird about this is that no one went and tried to physically log on to my PC. It said to input...
  6. Too many failed login attempts, but I didn't try to login...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Too many login attempts, administrator profile disappeared from login screen

Too many login attempts, administrator profile disappeared from login screen: My kids where playing with my PC and typed in the password wrong numerous times and now it deleted the administrator profile from the login screen. How do I get it back? I have another profile which I'm able to login into but there is no administrator privileges in that...
  8. Too many login attempts, administrator profile disappeared from login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Too many login attempts, administrator profile disappeared from login screen: My kids where playing with my PC and typed in the password wrong numerous times and now it deleted the administrator profile from the login screen. How do I get it back? I have another profile which I'm able to login into but there is no administrator privileges in that...
  9. Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts: I have been trying to fix an issue for a friend of mine he keeps getting an error stating that "Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts". We have tried using his account on multiple computers as well as multiple browsers. He is...
  10. The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts....

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts....: I cannot sign into my account again - The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts. Please wait a moment and try again. Someone help!!! [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox too many repeatedauthentication

2. how many login attempts for ms login

3. xbox privacy microsoft account server has detected too many authentication attempts

4. microsoft account login server has detected,
  5. xbox live too many repeated authentication attempts,
  6. xbox parent the microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts,
  7. login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts,
  8. microsoft detected too many authentication failures