Windows 10: The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts....

Discus and support The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts.... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I cannot sign into my account again - The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts. Please wait a moment... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Valerie_158, Sep 25, 2020.

1. The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts....

I cannot sign into my account again - The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts. Please wait a moment and try again. Someone help!!!

The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts.... 1adfd943-b9fd-4b7a-b7ef-ae19df280878?upload=true.png

:)

Valerie_158, Sep 25, 2020

2. The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts?

The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts?

KarinCollin, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Windows Microsoft account authentication

I have a valid Microsoft account and a Windows 10 PC with Hello/PIN account login enabled. I also have the Microsoft Authenticator app installed on an iPhone and configured for the Microsoft account. Additionally, I have two step authentication configured
    for the Microsoft account. With all of that said, I have become very exasperated while trying to unravel the various authentication paths (and their security implications) through this multi level login security scheme. I find the associated account security
    documentation to be woefully inadequate. Thus, I would like to pose the following list of questions for starters.

1. Does Windows Hello/PIN amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

2. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (without two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

3. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (with two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

4. If answers to both 2 and 3 are yes, then what does explicit set up of two step authentication do?

5. Does a coherent, comprehensive document explaining Microsoft account security configuration exist somewhere?

6. If the answer to 5 is yes, wherer is it?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas E. Davis, Sep 25, 2020
  4. The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts....

The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts?

Hello

Pleasure has been as an Independent Advisor.

With this problem, you are blocked by trying it several times. To solve this problem, I recommend following the steps below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12429/...

I hope you successfully recover access to your account once you complete the steps above.

Regards

Gustavo CM_07, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts....

1. The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts.... - Similar Threads - Microsoft account login

2. Privacy concern- Many attempted logins to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy concern- Many attempted logins to my Microsoft account: Recently I have seen that in my signin activity section of Microsoft account there are many login attempts from unknown locations. And today I even received a mail stating that someone was trying to login in my Amazon account. I am very much worried and tensed and feeling...
  3. Privacy concern- Many attempted logins to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Privacy concern- Many attempted logins to my Microsoft account: Recently I have seen that in my signin activity section of Microsoft account there are many login attempts from unknown locations. And today I even received a mail stating that someone was trying to login in my Amazon account. I am very much worried and tensed and feeling...
  4. Too many failed login attempts, but I didn't try to login...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many failed login attempts, but I didn't try to login...: I put my computer on sleep mode and took a bit of a break, and when I came back it wouldn't let me log in because it said that I had put in too many wrong password attempts. What's weird about this is that no one went and tried to physically log on to my PC. It said to input...
  5. Too many failed login attempts, but I didn't try to login...

Too many failed login attempts, but I didn't try to login...: I put my computer on sleep mode and took a bit of a break, and when I came back it wouldn't let me log in because it said that I had put in too many wrong password attempts. What's weird about this is that no one went and tried to physically log on to my PC. It said to input...
  6. Too many failed login attempts, but I didn't try to login...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Too many login attempts, administrator profile disappeared from login screen

Too many login attempts, administrator profile disappeared from login screen: My kids where playing with my PC and typed in the password wrong numerous times and now it deleted the administrator profile from the login screen. How do I get it back? I have another profile which I'm able to login into but there is no administrator privileges in that...
  8. Too many login attempts, administrator profile disappeared from login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Too many login attempts, administrator profile disappeared from login screen: My kids where playing with my PC and typed in the password wrong numerous times and now it deleted the administrator profile from the login screen. How do I get it back? I have another profile which I'm able to login into but there is no administrator privileges in that...
  9. Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts: I have been trying to fix an issue for a friend of mine he keeps getting an error stating that "Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts". We have tried using his account on multiple computers as well as multiple browsers. He is...
  10. The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts?: The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microsoft-account-login-server-has-detected/ec35684e-f7ab-4872-8df3-68de1d0a9a80