Windows 10: The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts....

Discus and support The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts.... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I cannot sign into my account again - The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts. Please wait a moment... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Valerie_158, Sep 25, 2020.

1. The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts....

I cannot sign into my account again - The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts. Please wait a moment and try again. Someone help!!!

The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts.... 1adfd943-b9fd-4b7a-b7ef-ae19df280878?upload=true.png

:)

Valerie_158, Sep 25, 2020

2. The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts?

The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts?

KarinCollin, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Windows Microsoft account authentication

I have a valid Microsoft account and a Windows 10 PC with Hello/PIN account login enabled. I also have the Microsoft Authenticator app installed on an iPhone and configured for the Microsoft account. Additionally, I have two step authentication configured
    for the Microsoft account. With all of that said, I have become very exasperated while trying to unravel the various authentication paths (and their security implications) through this multi level login security scheme. I find the associated account security
    documentation to be woefully inadequate. Thus, I would like to pose the following list of questions for starters.

1. Does Windows Hello/PIN amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

2. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (without two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

3. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (with two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

4. If answers to both 2 and 3 are yes, then what does explicit set up of two step authentication do?

5. Does a coherent, comprehensive document explaining Microsoft account security configuration exist somewhere?

6. If the answer to 5 is yes, wherer is it?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas E. Davis, Sep 25, 2020
  4. The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts....

The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts?

Hello

Pleasure has been as an Independent Advisor.

With this problem, you are blocked by trying it several times. To solve this problem, I recommend following the steps below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12429/...

I hope you successfully recover access to your account once you complete the steps above.

Regards

Gustavo CM_07, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts....

1. The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts.... - Similar Threads - Microsoft account login

2. Windows 10, Office and Outlook too many logins

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10, Office and Outlook too many logins: I have several computers, Windows 10 Pro for Workstation 1 HP Workstation, Windows 10 Pro 2 laptops, Chromebook and Mac. On my Workstation I have a licensed version of Office 2019 this is because of issues I've had in the past with MS Project and Visio with Office 365 when...
  3. "Too many sign on attempts" message on startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Too many sign on attempts" message on startup: For 3 days I have been getting the below msg. when I turn on my desk top: SOMETHING WENT WRONG AND WE CAN'T SIGN YOU IN RIGHT NOW. PLS TRY AGAIN LATER MICROSOFT ACCT LOGIN SERVER HAS DETECTED TOO MANY REPEATED AUTHENTICATION ATTEMPTS. PLS WAIT A MOMENT AND TRY AGAIN Is...
  4. Windows Microsoft account authentication

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Microsoft account authentication: I have a valid Microsoft account and a Windows 10 PC with Hello/PIN account login enabled. I also have the Microsoft Authenticator app installed on an iPhone and configured for the Microsoft account. Additionally, I have two step authentication configured for the Microsoft...
  5. Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts.: My laptop, with Windows 10, is 17 months old and for some reason, was still on v1803 which was installed in July 2018. A couple of months ago, a notice appeared in Windows Update saying "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1930.The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way....
  6. Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts.: My laptop, with Windows 10, is 17 months old and for some reason, was still on v1803 which was installed in July 2018. A couple of months ago, a notice appeared in Windows Update saying "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1930.The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way....
  7. The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts?

The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts?: The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microsoft-account-login-server-has-detected/ec35684e-f7ab-4872-8df3-68de1d0a9a80
  8. server authentication failure

server authentication failure: supposedly the authentication method used (or currently selected ?) in windows for my VPN setup does not align (communicate ?) with the server Im trying to connect to (work server). However, the same exact setup works on my surface pro, but not on my laptop. Windows 10 on...
  9. too many user accounts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    too many user accounts: For some reason, I have files THIS PC, and I have files in DONNAKAY, that opens dgreer2383, then dgreer2383 and then I see other files. I also have a drive that says, Donna. I need to change these all to my computer name of DONNAKAY. This problem is duplicating documents,...
  10. Too many devices in Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Support
    Too many devices in Microsoft Account: I've noticed several posts here in this forum about changing the Microsoft Account password so I took a look at my account and found something strange. The screen shot shows 3 devices, all the same, plus1 one Win device that I have no idea what it is. [img] My...