Windows 10: The Microsoft Passport terminated unexpectedtly + Login issues

Discus and support The Microsoft Passport terminated unexpectedtly + Login issues in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, Last night I noticed my computer didn't fully close and I couldn't get anything to come up to do it. PC was still running but there was a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MartaMuracka, May 13, 2020.

1. The Microsoft Passport terminated unexpectedtly + Login issues

Hello,

Last night I noticed my computer didn't fully close and I couldn't get anything to come up to do it. PC was still running but there was a black screen, with nothing displayed. I thought oh well, I'll kill it for now, and boot it up tomorrow, see what's happened
    The morning after, it boots, windows logo... back to the same black screen. After 2nd restart, a mouse icon has appeared and was responsive. After 3rd, the normal windows start screen, with time and date. I press enter to log in..... and nothing. The user login never comes up. I did a hard shut down, same problem. After rebooting a couple times, and giving it about 20 mins with multiple attempts, eventually it loaded my user and sometime later the password box as well, so I could actually log in. Then the PC was realistically speaking unresponsive, as even though mouse and keyboard clearly worked, clicking on anything didn't actually do much. Task manager seemed to say nothing is overloading, but upon closer inspection, in the event Viewer I saw, roughly every 2-3s:

"The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block." Event ID 7, Source: Disk

I performed chkdsk /r and after about 45min the PC rebooted. Again, took me about 30 min to log in, but once I did, PC this time seemed to work alright.

Event Viewer now stopped showing bad block, but intermittently showed two things:

1. Source: DistributedCOM "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

to the user from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool"

I have changed permission to Administrators for this as per a forum found online and this seemed to have resolved this.

2. The Microsoft Passport service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 6 times.

This would explain why I can't log in, but I can't seem to find anyone else with this problem. Going into Task Manager -> Services -> NgcSvc -> Open Services -> Microsoft Passport -> Start only yields error that it can't run 1067

I am worried to restart my PC without a good fix as it will take forever to get back in. Any ideas of how I can fix this?

:)

MartaMuracka, May 13, 2020

2. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, May 13, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 13, 2020
  4. The Microsoft Passport terminated unexpectedtly + Login issues

Windows 10 Login issues

Hi Smith,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

• If it logs in Create a new user account and link the Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 13, 2020
Thema:

The Microsoft Passport terminated unexpectedtly + Login issues

1. The Microsoft Passport terminated unexpectedtly + Login issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft Passport terminated

2. Microsoft terminal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft terminal: I have the app Microsoft terminal installed on my computer --- it seems that the latest version is 1.16 --- I have 1.15 on one computer and I was able to update it via the ms store --- but on the other computer I don't have that option both computers are win 10 and are up to...
  3. Microsoft terminal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft terminal: I have the app Microsoft terminal installed on my computer --- it seems that the latest version is 1.16 --- I have 1.15 on one computer and I was able to update it via the ms store --- but on the other computer I don't have that option both computers are win 10 and are up to...
  4. Western Digital Passport USB issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Western Digital Passport USB issue: Hi, I just bought this laptop and I am trying to plug my WD passport USB into it and it wont work. It says the driver is unavailable Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport-usb-issue/5e275c22-e131-4a40-80ee-c88c418d1da2
  5. What is Microsoft Passport & Passport Container & why do they startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is Microsoft Passport & Passport Container & why do they startup?: I haven't concentrated on this before. But I have noticed that on Windows startup Microsoft Passport & Passport Container will always start and then after a few minutes later Microsoft Passport will stop! But Microsoft Passport Container will always stop after 7 minutes and...
  6. Passport

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Passport: I saved everything from my laptop on the Passport system so that I could transfer the info to my new Dell desktop. When I plugged the Passport into the computer it didn't work. Is there anything that I need to download to make the transfer???...
  7. Microsoft Passport terminated unexpectedly + Login Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Passport terminated unexpectedly + Login Issues: Hello, Last night I noticed my computer didn't fully close and I couldn't get anything to come up to do it. PC was still running but there was a black screen, with nothing displayed. I thought oh well, I'll kill it for now, and boot it up tomorrow, see what's happened The...
  8. Issue with Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with Windows Terminal: I've been having this issue with running WindowsTerminal (Preview) on my Desktop, but no issues when running on my laptop. Both are the latest versions of Windows 10, on top of that, my Desktop can run UWP without an issue, however, just this program fails to run. I've...
  9. Microsoft Passport and Microsoft Passport for Work?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Passport and Microsoft Passport for Work?: I would like to use a feature called MS Passport or MS Passport for Work. I did some research on this feature and many articles say that you must sign up for a MS Account in order to do this. Can I create a MS Passport PIN just by using my local account instead by going...
  10. Auto login with microsoft passport for onedrive

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Auto login with microsoft passport for onedrive: Good day everybody. Is it necessary to logon using my Microsoft passport to get onedrive worked ?. 1- if not what shall I do to have onedrive worked and sync ?. 2- if yes how to set pc to sign in automatically ?. Thanks 31243