Windows 10: The Microsoft Photo app auto rotates .NEF files. Is there any solution to this? I have...

Discus and support The Microsoft Photo app auto rotates .NEF files. Is there any solution to this? I have... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,The Microsoft Photo app auto rotates .NEF files. Is there any solution to this? I have Windows 11. Kind regards... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Margit Meius1, May 30, 2023.

1. The Microsoft Photo app auto rotates .NEF files. Is there any solution to this? I have...

Hello,The Microsoft Photo app auto rotates .NEF files. Is there any solution to this? I have Windows 11. Kind regards

:)

Margit Meius1, May 30, 2023
  2. Sun Khou Win User

Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape

Hi AlexJamo,

Sorry for the late reply,

By the way, a suggested solution is provided through this link. >>Disable Photo Auto Rotate Win 10 - Microsoft Community

Hope this helps,

Sincerely,

Consumer M365 Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community

Sun Khou, May 30, 2023
  3. Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, May 30, 2023
  4. The Microsoft Photo app auto rotates .NEF files. Is there any solution to this? I have...

opening NEF photos

Hi Aliemebrie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What do you mean by NEF format?
    • Does the issue persist with other formats?
    I would like to inform you that RAW pictures are high-quality, uncompressed files that differ by camera manufacturer. Some common file name extensions for RAW picture files include: .cr2, .crw, .dng, .nef, .orf, .rw2, .pef, .arw, .sr2, .srf, and .tif.

You can view RAW pictures in Windows Explorer or Photo Viewer if you have the right codec for your specific camera installed on your PC. If you’re having problems seeing your RAW files,
    I would suggest you to use any converter to convert the format and then try to open in Photo App.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 30, 2023
Thema:

The Microsoft Photo app auto rotates .NEF files. Is there any solution to this? I have...

1. The Microsoft Photo app auto rotates .NEF files. Is there any solution to this? I have... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photo app

2. The Microsoft Photo app auto rotates .NEF files. Is there any solution to this? I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Microsoft Photo app auto rotates .NEF files. Is there any solution to this? I have...: Hello,The Microsoft Photo app auto rotates .NEF files. Is there any solution to this? I have Windows 11. Kind regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microsoft-photo-app-auto-rotates-nef-files-is/7c05ca2d-eb75-4e0f-81f7-e777b677302b
  3. Photos auto rotating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos auto rotating: Hi,All I am trying to do is view photos in my finder. These are portrait orientation, yet anytime they open up within the viewer they are automatically switched over to landscape orientation. I have read so many forums that have yet to give a clear answer so I'd love for a...
  4. Photos auto rotating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos auto rotating: Hi,All I am trying to do is view photos in my finder. These are portrait orientation, yet anytime they open up within the viewer they are automatically switched over to landscape orientation. I have read so many forums that have yet to give a clear answer so I'd love for a...
  5. Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape: Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW filesLately whenever I open a raw file CR2 in Photos it flips it from portrait to landscape and I can't flip it back. It I try to use the rotate feature, it says this can't be applied to RAW files. I've reset the app, uninstalled it etc...
  6. Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape

Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape: Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW filesLately whenever I open a raw file CR2 in Photos it flips it from portrait to landscape and I can't flip it back. It I try to use the rotate feature, it says this can't be applied to RAW files. I've reset the app, uninstalled it etc...
  7. auto rotating photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto rotating photos: After saving and closing excel, photos are auto rotating. How can this be stopped? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotating-photos/e9fdfbed-8d86-407a-b178-a2daaab1beee
  8. Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files: Lately whenever I open a raw file (CR2) in Photos it flips it from portrait to landscape and I can't flip it back. It I try to use the rotate feature, it says this can't be applied to RAW files. I've reset the app, uninstalled it etc and nothing works. Has anyone seen this?...
  9. Auto Rotate in Photos App

Auto Rotate in Photos App: Every time I open portrait oriented photos with the Photos app, it automatically rotates the photo to landscape. When I try to rotate it back to its original portrait orientation, it flips it upside down no matter how many times I try. I then attempt to open the same photo...
  10. Auto Photo Rotation

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Photo Rotation: W10 Hp 17" Envy Laptop. Took some photos yesterday on my Panasonic camera, downloaded them via SDHC card but for some reason they are being auto rotated to 90deg from the vertical both in landscape and portrait. This is in viewer and my photo editing programme. Even...