Windows 10: The Microsoft Store says I'm not connected to the Internet

Discus and support The Microsoft Store says I'm not connected to the Internet in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hey, I have a problem in the microsoft store that says I'm not connected to the internet. I am trying to download a game on my PC, but when I click the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BrentBorel, Aug 3, 2021.

1. The Microsoft Store says I'm not connected to the Internet

Hey, I have a problem in the microsoft store that says I'm not connected to the internet. I am trying to download a game on my PC, but when I click the "Get" button, an icon appears saying, "You will need the Internet for this" and it has the error code 0x800704cf. I'm not sure what this means or how to fix it. This applies to all games and apps on the store as I tested various apps and games to see if they had the same results.

:)

BrentBorel, Aug 3, 2021

2. Microsoft Store opening- Internet connection problem error code 0x80072efd

Hi Syed,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with accessing Microsoft Edge and Windows Store with error: 0x80072efd, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know if you are using wired/ wireless internet connection on your device?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Use
    Internet Connection Troubleshooter.

Internet Connection Troubleshooter find and fix the problems with connecting to the internet or to websites.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Internet Connection Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to clear cache and cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser.

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on
      More Action at the right top corner.
    • Click on Settings, click on
      Choose what to clear
      under Clear browsing data.
    • Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
      Clear.
    • Close the browser and try to open it again.

Step 3: Run WSReset.exe .

• Press Windows+R key to open Run box
    • Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then tap or click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 3, 2021
  3. 3mptylord Win User
    Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

I've tried unselecting the option but I didn't fix the issue - nor could I see why it would.

The following things connect to the internet fine:
    • Microsoft Edge (new IE)
    • Chrome
    • Steam's browser and Steam multiplayer games
    • League of Legends launcher, patcher, PVP.net and game client
    • Battle.net
    • Pretty much everything
    What doesn't work:

• Network Center (says I'm not connected)
    • Windows Live Mail (logging in)
    • Outlook (logging in)
    • Notepad 8 (logging in)
    • User Accounts (logging in)
    The issue seems to affect any Microsoft product that tries to connect to Live.

3mptylord, Aug 3, 2021
  4. The Microsoft Store says I'm not connected to the Internet

Microsoft Store says i'm not connected to the internet but I am connected to the internet

Hi Shaian,

Your Windows Store showing you don't have an internet connection might be due to a variety of reasons. One of which is due to corrupted Store files.

Does your PC tell you as well that you don't have an internet connection or just the Store app?

When did this start to happen? What were the recent changes made before this occurred?

What Windows 10 build and version are you currently on? You may check it by following these steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys from the keyboard to launch the
      Run dialog window.
    • Type winver, then press the Enter key. You may then see the Windows 10 version and build you're in.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

The Microsoft Store says I'm not connected to the Internet

1. The Microsoft Store says I'm not connected to the Internet - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store says

2. Microsoft store saying no internet when connected to the internet.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store saying no internet when connected to the internet.: This is what i get after uninstalling and reinstalling the app. NOTHING works and i honestly have no fu8king idea of what to do. Also i know it says no internet in the bottom, but i am connected to the internet, i think it is a visual bug....
  3. Microsoft store saying no internet when connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store saying no internet when connected to the internet.: This is what i get after uninstalling and reinstalling the app. NOTHING works and i honestly have no fu8king idea of what to do. Also i know it says no internet in the bottom, but i am connected to the internet, i think it is a visual bug....
  4. Microsoft store saying no internet when connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft store and Xbox app saying I'm not connected to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft store and Xbox app saying I'm not connected to the internet: every time I try to sign in to my Microsoft account on the Microsoft Store, Xbox app, and Minecraft windows 10 edition it says that I am not connected to the internet and gives me this error: you'll need to connect to the internet for this it doesn't look like you're...
  6. Windows Network & Internet Says I'm Connected to the Internet but I'm NOT

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Network & Internet Says I'm Connected to the Internet but I'm NOT: In the Network & Internet settings of windows 10 I am seeing "You're connected to the internet" . But none of my browsers can get to a website. This computer is connected with an ethernet. I have restarted my router and all of my other ethernet and wifi computers can...
  7. Store says I'm not connected to Internet

Store says I'm not connected to Internet: The store says that I'm not connected to the Internet when obviously I am. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-says-im-not-connected-to-internet/e457b3bc-8054-47e0-9967-f2365759a1e8"
  8. Computer says not connected to internet when I'm connected to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer says not connected to internet when I'm connected to internet: I am currently connected through Ethernet and am able to access the internet and any other programs that require the internet. My computer says that I'm "Connected" through Ethernet, but the icon shows that it isn't connected. It also says it isn't connected in the "Network &...
  9. The Microsoft Store says I'm not connected to the internet but I am connected. Error Code:...

The Microsoft Store says I'm not connected to the internet but I am connected. Error Code:...: This problem has been happening for a while, and I don't know how to fix it. Error Code: 0x80072EFD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microsoft-store-says-im-not-connected-to-the/21515279-9490-4a55-a256-7107a1bda5e5"
  10. Microsoft Store app says I'm not connected to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store app says I'm not connected to the internet: Tried opening Skype in a while and the app seems broken or smth, uninstalled it then went to the Store to install it again, but there it says to check my connection. Tried installing skype from the internet, but it sends me to the store again. My windows is(I think) genuine,...