Windows 10: the microsoft updates delete files saved games

Discus and support the microsoft updates delete files saved games in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Each time the updates automatically does its thing, my files are gone. I have to reload Office just to use word and excel and also all of the progress... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sweetsniper, Apr 26, 2020.

1. the microsoft updates delete files saved games

Each time the updates automatically does its thing, my files are gone. I have to reload Office just to use word and excel and also all of the progress of my games are lost. This is really a problem.

:)

sweetsniper, Apr 26, 2020

2. Microsoft Jigsaw Save File problem!

Hi WalGlynn,

Having a server interruption while playing is one of the possible reasons why your Microsoft Jigsaw save file has become corrupted. To help you resolve this concern, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the game. You may click the link below for the steps:

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Saving and deleting files

I suspect you have some agent that interferes with the normal operation of Windows. Please try this to find out:

• Press Shift+Restart to start Windows in Safe Mode.
    • Modify some file, then save it.

Delete some file.
    • Press Shift+Restart to start Windows in Safe Mode.
    • Check if the actions from Step 2 persist.

Frederik Long, Apr 26, 2020
  4. the microsoft updates delete files saved games

Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

the microsoft updates delete files saved games

1. the microsoft updates delete files saved games - Similar Threads - microsoft updates delete

2. gaming file delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gaming file delete: the item "knockout city.exe" that this shortcut refers to has been moved also fifa 21 and battlefield v in orign Although there is storage space in pc What is the solution...
  3. gaming file delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gaming file delete: the item "knockout city.exe" that this shortcut refers to has been moved also fifa 21 and battlefield v in orign Although there is storage space in pc What is the solution...
  4. Microsoft Store Game Saves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Game Saves: I mostly play 'The Tribez', and 'Trade Island'. I was having many problems with games not updating, and apps not installing with the Microsoft Store. The dreaded 0x80073D05 error had overtaken almost all my apps. So I decided to start over fresh by restoring my...
  5. deleted microsoft store game installation file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted microsoft store game installation file: I tried to download sea of thieves and accidentely when I was trying to delete its previous download, I got rid of the microsoft store default installation file and now when I want to delete anything It only shows me that it is downloading, but nothing happens. What can I...
  6. Deleting and Saving Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting and Saving Files: I have Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 on a laptop. I am trying to understand the interaction between files stored on my pc and files stored with OneDrive in the cloud. Let's say I create a word document and save it as "Page" in my documents folder under OneDrive on my laptop....
  7. Microsoft Edge update deleted files

Microsoft Edge update deleted files: For the past week every time I turn on my computer my shortcuts, pictures, and files are gone. They’re not in my recycle bin and I cant locate them with a search... they’re just gone. I have an offsite backup and have restored some of my pictures and replaced my shortcuts...
  8. Deleted Microsoft Game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Deleted Microsoft Game: A few months ago, I deleted a game from the Microsoft Store to make some space for new games. Some time later, I wanted to play it again but it showed up as if I didn't buy it, yet, I go to my purchases and I see it. I just now found out about this community and seeing such...
  9. Saving files on OneDrive deletes thumbnails

Saving files on OneDrive deletes thumbnails: Good day, I use a 3D modelling software called Revit, which creates a preview thumbnail of the current view when you save, which can then be viewed from Windows Explorer so that you have a preview of the model file before opening it: [ATTACH] However, when I save these...
  10. Didn't save a file, then accidentally deleted it.

Didn't save a file, then accidentally deleted it.: Hi, I'm in a rush because this work is due tomorrow. So basically, I accidentally lost work that I thought I had saved, and when I opened word again for something else it told me that I had unsaved documents, and for some reason my stupid self just deleted them. I just...