Windows 10: The minus key - on numpad takes me to screen lock every time I press it.

Discus and support The minus key - on numpad takes me to screen lock every time I press it. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How do I turn this off? I use windows 10. Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ภัทราพร ราชาเดช, May 27, 2023.

1. The minus key - on numpad takes me to screen lock every time I press it.

How do I turn this off? I use windows 10. Thank you

:)

ภัทราพร ราชาเดช, May 27, 2023

2. Calculator: Numpad Minus key no longer recognized as Substraction

Hello

French keyboard here,

Before some update few weeks ago, the minus - key on my numpad would just make the susbstract operation

Like if I wanted to do:

8 - 1 =

I would type on my numpad the keys: 8, minus, 1, enter.

Now, for some reason, the minus key just convert to a negative number!

When I type : 8, minus, 1, enter, but it does :

8 + minus --> -8 + 1 --> -81

If I want to make a substraction, I have to use the keyboard minus key (key 6 on a french keyboard).

This is dumb.

Please how do I correct this? Does anyone have an idea.

Thanks!

PS: the calc is in Standard more

ThibaultBartolone, May 27, 2023
  3. Arul_D Win User
    windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, May 27, 2023
  4. The minus key - on numpad takes me to screen lock every time I press it.

Since update numpad doesn't work properly anymore

Good evening,

On a HP Pavilion dv7 laptop, since a Windows10 update two days ago (version 1511, OS 10586.104), my numpad has gone nuts.

For example :

• key 2 writes 72, locks caps and opens a Bing search for "help with windows 10"
    • key 3 writes *3wc
    • key / writes /4 and triggers a menu for alternative screens
    • etc...
    Here is what I already attempted :

• uninstall and reinstall keyboard
    • add an alternative language keyboard
    • check "ease of access" options
    • try the numpad in the BIOS : it works fine
    • try the numpad in safe mode, now read this : it worked fine ! I restarted in normal mode and the keyboard worked fine also for a minute or so. Then it went crazy again. Now it doesn't work in safe mode anymore.
    Any suggestion welcome,

Thank you for your help

Lambda_993, May 27, 2023
Thema:

The minus key - on numpad takes me to screen lock every time I press it.

1. The minus key - on numpad takes me to screen lock every time I press it. - Similar Threads - minus key numpad

2. Every time I press CAPS lock or scroll lock it pulls me out of the game back to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I press CAPS lock or scroll lock it pulls me out of the game back to the...: I’ve lost countless matches because I’ve pressed the wrong button and it takes me out of the game back to the desktop. It has been so annoying. My computer is a windows 11, sky tech gaming pc if that helps....
  3. Every time I press CAPS lock or scroll lock it pulls me out of the game back to the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I press CAPS lock or scroll lock it pulls me out of the game back to the...: I’ve lost countless matches because I’ve pressed the wrong button and it takes me out of the game back to the desktop. It has been so annoying. My computer is a windows 11, sky tech gaming pc if that helps....
  4. The minus key - on numpad takes me to screen lock every time I press it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The minus key - on numpad takes me to screen lock every time I press it.: How do I turn this off? I use windows 10. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-minus-key-on-numpad-takes-me-to-screen-lock/f53418a6-63d1-4335-b13c-5eabc7ea551b
  5. The minus key - on numpad takes me to screen lock every time I press it.

The minus key - on numpad takes me to screen lock every time I press it.: How do I turn this off? I use windows 10. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-minus-key-on-numpad-takes-me-to-screen-lock/f53418a6-63d1-4335-b13c-5eabc7ea551b
  6. Calculator: Numpad Minus key no longer recognized as Substraction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator: Numpad Minus key no longer recognized as Substraction: HelloFrench keyboard here,Before some update few weeks ago, the minus - key on my numpad would just make the susbstract operationLike if I wanted to do:8 - 1 =I would type on my numpad the keys: 8, minus, 1, enter.Now, for some reason, the minus key just convert to a negative...
  7. Calculator: Numpad Minus key no longer recognized as Substraction

Calculator: Numpad Minus key no longer recognized as Substraction: HelloFrench keyboard here,Before some update few weeks ago, the minus - key on my numpad would just make the susbstract operationLike if I wanted to do:8 - 1 =I would type on my numpad the keys: 8, minus, 1, enter.Now, for some reason, the minus key just convert to a negative...
  8. On-Screen Numpad showing every time I login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On-Screen Numpad showing every time I login: Hello,I've had this issue for a while, even before I upgraded to windows 11, and finally wanted to try and get it fixed. Every time I go to enter my pin regardless of whether my laptop was shut down or put to sleep, an on-screen numpad pops up. On-screen keyboard is disabled...
  9. On-Screen Numpad showing every time I login

On-Screen Numpad showing every time I login: Hello,I've had this issue for a while, even before I upgraded to windows 11, and finally wanted to try and get it fixed. Every time I go to enter my pin regardless of whether my laptop was shut down or put to sleep, an on-screen numpad pops up. On-screen keyboard is disabled...
  10. My computer is taking screenshots every time i press a key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is taking screenshots every time i press a key.: After I have reset the windows with the option of keeping my files, my computer is taking screenshots every time I press just about any key and send me a notification that the screenshot is saved to my one drive folder. This issue disappears sometimes. Sometimes it reappear....