Windows 10: The mobile broadband network device does no longer work after update to W10 1709.

Discus and support The mobile broadband network device does no longer work after update to W10 1709. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi to All Since i installed windows update (updated to version 1709 of windows 10 pro, the mobile broadband network device does no longer work, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Peaches aKa PGM, Aug 3, 2018.

1. The mobile broadband network device does no longer work after update to W10 1709.

Hi to All

Since i installed windows update (updated to version 1709 of windows 10 pro, the mobile broadband network device does no longer work, and each page i try to access gives me DNS Not found.

The ethernet and wifi devices are working normally.

Rollback tp the previous version of W10 solved the issue (work around)

But we will soon be forced to migrate to the version 1709 and thus I would appreciate if I could get some support.

Regs

Julien

:)

Peaches aKa PGM, Aug 3, 2018
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Aug 3, 2018
  3. How to connect Mobile Broadband device to act as internet access for Ethernet hub?

Hi Gary,

There are some factors that may affect the connection of your Mobile Broadband device to access the Internet. Sometimes, it may be caused by some configuration. To sort out your concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • If there's an error message, can you provide us a screenshot?
    • How are your devices connected to the network? Is it through wireless or wired connection?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Joseph Ban, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

The mobile broadband network device does no longer work after update to W10 1709.

Windows 10 Mobile Broadband Locked

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to unplug the simcard and replug it and try to unblock it again and check if it helps. Refer to the following link and follow the steps to Unlock or unblock your mobile broadband device.

Unlock or unblock your mobile broadband device

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-unblock-mobile-broadband-device

(Note: link applies to Windows 10 also)

Let us know if you have any further queries related to the issue. We would be happy to help you.

Arul_D, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

The mobile broadband network device does no longer work after update to W10 1709.

1. The mobile broadband network device does no longer work after update to W10 1709. - Similar Threads - mobile broadband network

2. Huawei mobile broadband connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huawei mobile broadband connection: I use windows 11 upgrading recently from windows 7.My only means of connection to internet is my usb router : huawei mobile broadband model E3216.Since my upgrade and my uploading of all recent updates suggested by the windows update, my USB doesn't connect to internet. It...
  3. No Updates on mobile broadband

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Updates on mobile broadband: I am on Windows 10. I regularly use a mobile broadband dongle. I pay £10 every 30 days and get 1GB.A typical update came through today on Windows 10 at 532mb!That is far too much for mobile broadband dongle users. I didn't have enough data so it failed and all my data was...
  4. Help with mobile broadband after upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with mobile broadband after upgrade: submitted by /u/bookandrelease [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eoxe7e/help_with_mobile_broadband_after_upgrade/
  5. f3507g mobile broadband device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    f3507g mobile broadband device: Toshiba f3507g mobile broadband device has anyone found a driver for windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f3507g-mobile-broadband-device/a3e446c0-acad-46ce-9c51-e64a354381ab
  6. Updates and data reporting using Mobile Broadband

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates and data reporting using Mobile Broadband: Before I return to 10 home version (reverted back to 8.1 for a few months), there are a few issues I can see and experienced when using the new system which need to be clarified/fixed before I go back to 10. Whilst it is fine using my home landline network to update a...
  7. No Windows Updates over Mobile Broadband!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No Windows Updates over Mobile Broadband!: Hi everyone, I am running windows 10 pro and now i want to update my system using "Windows Updates". The problem is that Windows Update is showing numerous new updates for the system but i have a mobile broadband (ie. usb dongle type) for internet purposes over which i want...
  8. USB IrDA devices no longer work in W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB IrDA devices no longer work in W10: Couldn't get my USB IR adapter to work in W10 and found the answer in the link below. http://borncity.com/win/2015/09/02/windows-10-infrared-irda-stack-is-removed/ 24624
  9. Mobile broadband connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile broadband connection: Windows 10 Help says that I should have a Mobile connection link under Network and Internet, I don't. By luck I managed to connect my dongle because Windows saw it as a drive. I now need to be able to use the Mobile link in order to set my connection to metered so that I...
  10. W10 no longer can access other devices on network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 no longer can access other devices on network.: I THINK I found the problem/answer in another thread, ... but it is an old thread and I am not sure. That thread is here: Cannot access shared network drive In any case, here is the case: Computer #1 DELL W10-64 Computer #2 Toshiba W7-64 Computer #3 Acer W7-32 NAT...