Windows 10: The module "mscomctl.ocx" was loaded but the call to DIIRegisterServer failed with error...

Discus and support The module "mscomctl.ocx" was loaded but the call to DIIRegisterServer failed with error... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This problem is literally killing me. I have found several proposed solutions to this none of which worked. I just continue to get the same error no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichelleStrohmeyer, Apr 17, 2019.

1. The module "mscomctl.ocx" was loaded but the call to DIIRegisterServer failed with error...

This problem is literally killing me. I have found several proposed solutions to this none of which worked. I just continue to get the same error no matter what I do.

This all started when I had to buy a brand new computer because my old one permanently died. I've only had this brand new windows 10 computer for a little over two weeks. I cannot get my old programs which worked fine on my old computer to work on this one. My old computer was also a windows 10. I keep getting the error "Component "MSCOMCTL.OCX" or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. So I downloaded said file along with MSCOMCT2.OCX and put them into the SysWOW64 folder. I ran CMD as an admin but I got the error code 0x8000405 and now I'm stuck. Nothing seems to fix this for my computer and I cannot use that program no matter what I do. I'm at my wits end! I've been searching and trying different methods for hours. Nothing has worked!

I really want to be able to go back to using that program but I can't on this computer and my old one is toast. Please help me. The module "mscomctl.ocx" was loaded but the call to DIIRegisterServer failed with error... :(

:)

MichelleStrohmeyer, Apr 17, 2019

2. comdlg32.ocx in Windows 10

I've tried the suggested commands but received the following error messages,

"The module "Comdlg32.ocx" failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent.DLL files.

The specified module could not be found."

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RM

Robert A.Mann, Apr 17, 2019
  3. cosagar Win User
    Unable to download Updates in Windows 10

It didn't work..for most of the command it was showing error such as:

The module "browseui.dll" was loaded but the entry point DIIRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "browseui.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

Similar error came for msxml.dll as well. it said msxml.dll failed to load. Sililarly, gpkcsp.dll failed to load. Such error came for many commands.

cosagar, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Tsr0003 Win User

The module "mscomctl.ocx" was loaded but the call to DIIRegisterServer failed with error...

failed to install update Error code: (0x800b0100)

I followed the suggested steps. I skipped steps 4 and 5 as first attempt.

I got to regsvr32.exe mshtml.dll and received the following error:

The module "mshtml.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that the "mshtml.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

Suggestions?

Tsr0003, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

The module "mscomctl.ocx" was loaded but the call to DIIRegisterServer failed with error...

1. The module "mscomctl.ocx" was loaded but the call to DIIRegisterServer failed with error... - Similar Threads - module mscomctl ocx

2. Error 1904.Module C:\windows\sysWOW64\ssdatb32.ocx failed to register HRESULT 2147220473

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 1904.Module C:\windows\sysWOW64\ssdatb32.ocx failed to register HRESULT 2147220473: Hello,I'm trying to install Aspen One Engineering V12 on my Windows 11 and i am getting this error.I want to resolve this issue as soon as possible because I need this for my study purpose.With regards, Pavan...
  3. Error 1904.Module C:\windows\sysWOW64\ssdatb32.ocx failed to register HRESULT 2147220473...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1904.Module C:\windows\sysWOW64\ssdatb32.ocx failed to register HRESULT 2147220473...: Hello , im trying to install AspenONE engineering V11 on my windows 11 and i'm getting this error. I have tried manually registering the ssdatb32.ocx file and also downloading and adding it in every required folder , such as the application folder , the sysWOW64 and the...
  4. Error 1904.Module C:\windows\sysWOW64\ssdatb32.ocx failed to register HRESULT 2147220473...

Error 1904.Module C:\windows\sysWOW64\ssdatb32.ocx failed to register HRESULT 2147220473...: Hello , im trying to install AspenONE engineering V11 on my windows 11 and i'm getting this error. I have tried manually registering the ssdatb32.ocx file and also downloading and adding it in every required folder , such as the application folder , the sysWOW64 and the...
  5. 3e04.ocx failed to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3e04.ocx failed to load: My Windows 10 Pro has been giving me an error message C:\ProgramData\x86\3e04.ocx failed to load. It pops up hourly and is quite annoying. I'm not sure how to go about finding the issue in the registry and restoring the missing file....
  6. 3e04.ocx failed to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3e04.ocx failed to load: My Windows 10 Pro has been giving me an error message C:\ProgramData\x86\3e04.ocx failed to load. It pops up hourly and is quite annoying. I'm not sure how to go about finding the issue in the registry and restoring the missing file....
  7. 3e04.ocx failed to load

8. Fix COMDLG32.OCX missing or failed to load error on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Fix COMDLG32.OCX missing or failed to load error on Windows 11: [IMG]The COMDLG32.OCX missing or failed to load error can occur on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer when you attempt to run a program created using Visual Basic 6.0. This post provides the most suitable solutions affected PC users can apply to successfully fix this...
  9. The module "StockChartX.OCX" failed to load.

The module "StockChartX.OCX" failed to load.: Hi, I am getting above error while registering OCX in Win 10 version 1809. It is working fine in other versions I have done following : 1. Followed steps suggested in...
  10. The module "wudfsvc.dll" failed to load.

The module "wudfsvc.dll" failed to load.: I noticed that there is no windows driver foundation service in services.msc. I was told to look it up because my pc crashes from time to time and there's a recurring error in Event Viewer (The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0.)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the module mscomctl.ocx was loaded but

2. the module mscomctl..ocx was loaded but the call dllregister

3. mscomstl.ocx was loaded but the call to dllregisterserve failed

4. the module mscomctl.ocx failed to load but the call to,
  5. the module mscomctl.ocx failed to load,
  6. dll server in mscomctl error,
  7. the module wmnetmgr.dll was loaded but the call to diiregister failed