Windows 10: The Most Efficient Way to Wake a Laptop in Clamshell Mode

Discus and support The Most Efficient Way to Wake a Laptop in Clamshell Mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to leave my laptop in clamshell mode and only use my mouse or keyboard to wake my laptop. What is the most efficient way to do this? Do I create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MTDRomero212, Aug 9, 2022.

1. The Most Efficient Way to Wake a Laptop in Clamshell Mode

I want to leave my laptop in clamshell mode and only use my mouse or keyboard to wake my laptop. What is the most efficient way to do this? Do I create a power plan that says never sleep? Will that damage the computer over time having the laptop never shut down or go into sleep mode?Do I change the setting on the mouse and keyboard in the device manager and change the power management option? I tried going with this option however and I can't seem to figure out where the power management option is for my mouse or keyboard. I'm using the X Master series mouse and keyboard connected via Bluetoot

:)

MTDRomero212, Aug 9, 2022
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

The Most Efficient Way to Wake a Laptop in Clamshell Mode [​IMG]

Chadi, Aug 9, 2022
  3. Surface Book 2 (SB2) in clamshell mode disables Windows Hello to be used with external webcam

I think that is more of a security measure by design. If you prefer to use the device in clamshell mode, you probably should authenticate first, then put it in clamshell mode or use a PIN/password for that particular setup.

You can submit feedback if you would like to see that improved. Press Windows key + F to open the Feedback hub then send in your suggestions.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

The Most Efficient Way to Wake a Laptop in Clamshell Mode

Leaked docs indicates Windows 10X will be coming to clamshell laptops

Brink, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

The Most Efficient Way to Wake a Laptop in Clamshell Mode

1. The Most Efficient Way to Wake a Laptop in Clamshell Mode - Similar Threads - Efficient Wake Laptop

2. Efficiency mode in broswers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Efficiency mode in broswers: Hey everyone.-Windows keeping turning on efficiency mode on my browsers when i use another application or a game, this happens to all browsers chrome , edge , firefox , opera . thus causing videos to lag badly.-I tried to disable them manually but once i use an application...
  3. Efficiency mode in broswers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Efficiency mode in broswers: Hey everyone.-Windows keeping turning on efficiency mode on my browsers when i use another application or a game, this happens to all browsers chrome , edge , firefox , opera . thus causing videos to lag badly.-I tried to disable them manually but once i use an application...
  4. A way to permanently set efficiency mode for an app ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A way to permanently set efficiency mode for an app ?: i am using OneNote for Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 7. when i set efficiency mode for OneNote Win 10 or any other App, efficiency mode is turned off for the app when i close it and open it again. the same thing happens with the CPU affinity settings of apps in the task...
  5. A way to permanently set efficiency mode for an app ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A way to permanently set efficiency mode for an app ?: i am using OneNote for Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 7. when i set efficiency mode for OneNote Win 10 or any other App, efficiency mode is turned off for the app when i close it and open it again. the same thing happens with the CPU affinity settings of apps in the task...
  6. Chrome and Edge in Efficiency mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Edge in Efficiency mode: I have a problem with google chrome and edge which if I use it for a long time and use a lot of tabs, chrome doesn't work and it goes into efficiency mode in the task manager, and if I open a new tab I try to browse it just spinsHow to disable and make the chrome can run...
  7. The Most Efficient Way to Wake a Laptop in Clamshell Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Most Efficient Way to Wake a Laptop in Clamshell Mode: I want to leave my laptop in clamshell mode and only use my mouse or keyboard to wake my laptop. What is the most efficient way to do this? Do I create a power plan that says never sleep? Will that damage the computer over time having the laptop never shut down or go into...
  8. Most efficient way for me to install OS from hdd to ssd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most efficient way for me to install OS from hdd to ssd?: So i dont know if this is the right place to ask but i need some advice. I just installed an NVME m.2 ssd on my buddies computer and i want to swap the OS onto it. I am wondering what the most efficient way to do this would be. He has 900gb worth of files and a 500gb ssd so...
  9. What is the most efficient way to protect my data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the most efficient way to protect my data?: hello, I have lost my all data thrice and I am not getting the reason for that to happen, can anyone suggest me the best way to protect my data and without again losing it. I am the owner of Nitech stainless INC, help needed urgently. * Moved from education...
  10. Most efficient way to share a folder between two Windows 10 laptops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Most efficient way to share a folder between two Windows 10 laptops: I want to periodically backup files from one laptop to the other. How do I go about sharing a folder on one? 36722