Windows 10: The most recent feature update breakes my boot drive somehow? ( ive attempted the update...

Discus and support The most recent feature update breakes my boot drive somehow? ( ive attempted the update... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Miner142 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Miner142, Nov 23, 2020.

1. The most recent feature update breakes my boot drive somehow? ( ive attempted the update...

/u/Miner142, Nov 23, 2020
  2. blzmn Win User

2004 update windows 10 error 0x80070002

Hello everyone,

thanks to some of the suggestions here and to some from other sources I have managed to fix the 0x80070002 error breaking up my feature update to 2004.

For completeness' sake and since it may help others, the following steps worked for me.

1. Download Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's official website
    2. Create a bootable USB drive with the MCT
    3. Boot up from this USB Drive
    4. Choose install settings, click 'Next', but on the next screen select "Repair your computer" instead of "Install"
    5. Choose "Troubleshoot" -> "Startup Repair" and let it finish
    6. Restart into Windows and attempt the usual Windows update
    It looks like the BCD on my computer had been damaged by the boot loader (Windows 10 + Recovery partition) and running the "Startup Repair" from the installation USB Drive corrected the errors.

blzmn, Nov 23, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Nov 23, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

The most recent feature update breakes my boot drive somehow? ( ive attempted the update...

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

The most recent feature update breakes my boot drive somehow? ( ive attempted the update...

1. The most recent feature update breakes my boot drive somehow? ( ive attempted the update... - Similar Threads - recent feature update

2. The most recent W11 update breaks my Windows start button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The most recent W11 update breaks my Windows start button.: Hello!The recent update KB5022303 for W11 Pro seems to have killed my start button. Everything else seems to work fine on the taskbar, except the start button.I have tried the usual UI trouble-shooting:Restarted explorer.exeRestarted PCDid a DISM and SFC scan, both were...
  3. The most recent W11 update breaks my Windows start button.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The most recent W11 update breaks my Windows start button.: Hello!The recent update KB5022303 for W11 Pro seems to have killed my start button. Everything else seems to work fine on the taskbar, except the start button.I have tried the usual UI trouble-shooting:Restarted explorer.exeRestarted PCDid a DISM and SFC scan, both were...
  4. Feature Updates Breaking Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Feature Updates Breaking Login: The last two feature updates (2004 and 20H4) have both rendered my system unable to login. It's a bit hard to describe exactly, but basically it accepts all of my proper passwords or biometrics upon input, starts to login, and then immediately kicks back to the login screen....
  5. Computer will not boot after most recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not boot after most recent update: My computer was stuck on the automatic repair loop after an update overnight and now it will not boot at all. I have downloaded windows 10 onto a usb and I’m ready to install it, but the bios screen confuses me. However, i took a chance and plugged in the usb, chose install,...
  6. Attempting an update somehow removed Windows as my OS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Attempting an update somehow removed Windows as my OS?: I have very little tech knowledge so bear with me. I've had some trouble with my Lenovo laptop recently, specifically with plugging in my Wackm art tablet and Discord recognized it as...an audio device. Clicking no, since that's not what it is, it disconnects my tablet and I...
  7. Most recent updates

Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  8. Updated to the most recent windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated to the most recent windows update: I updated to the most recent windows update and I keep on getting the bsod for random reasons each time. I've ran the scannow and verify to make sure there are no bad drivers. I've reinstalled my amd drivers. Nothing is overclocked either. It's exactly the same way it was...
  9. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...
  10. Recent Windows 10 Update Caused most of my Programs to Break/Not Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Windows 10 Update Caused most of my Programs to Break/Not Start: I got a windows 10 update a couple days ago and ever since that day, I am unable to open most of my programs. Some programs that won't open include Microsoft Edge, Skype, Minecraft, League of Legends, etc. I can't even open the settings for my computer to try to reset my PC....