Windows 10: The most recent update messed up my folders.

Discus and support The most recent update messed up my folders. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/bitesizeboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0184w/the_most_recent_update_messed_up_my_folders/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bitesizeboy, Nov 22, 2019.

1. The most recent update messed up my folders.

/u/bitesizeboy, Nov 22, 2019

2. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 22, 2019
  3. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

The most recent update messed up my folders. :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Nov 22, 2019
  4. mharran Win User

The most recent update messed up my folders.

Windows 10 replaced Recent Folders with Quick Access. how to change 10 to 20?

For anyone still struggling with this, here is a step by step guide to

• Adding Recent Folders back to Quick Access (easy)
    • Getting Recent Folders to appear in Save As dialogs (tricky, needs registry modifactions, not to attempted unless you are comfortable modifying the Registry)
    Restoring Recent Folders (Dragonblogger.com)

mharran, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

The most recent update messed up my folders.

1. The most recent update messed up my folders. - Similar Threads - recent update messed

2. Most recent files not showing up at the top in my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Most recent files not showing up at the top in my downloads folder: So, ive had this problem for a couple months now and only got around to asking about it now. Basically whenever I download something on windows 10 most of the time it just puts it in other sections like "A long time ago", "yesterday", "earlier this week" but never shows that...
  3. Most recent files not showing up at the top in my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most recent files not showing up at the top in my downloads folder: So, ive had this problem for a couple months now and only got around to asking about it now. Basically whenever I download something on windows 10 most of the time it just puts it in other sections like "A long time ago", "yesterday", "earlier this week" but never shows that...
  4. Most recent files not showing up at the top in my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recent updates messed power settings up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recent updates messed power settings up: After one of the recent updates, my laptop's power settings, specifically turning screen off when plugged in, seem to reset on regular basis. I change it to "never" and after next reboot it changes back to 15 minutes. Strangely enough, sleep setting does not reset. It was...
  6. Recent update has blown up most of my apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent update has blown up most of my apps: A July 2020 update week of July 12-18 has destroyed the connection to most of my apps, including Office, Calendar, Mail, Paint 3D, MS Solitaire Collection and others. All those icons in my Start menu are gone. Because the Windows 10 PC default has the Restore Point creation...
  7. Most recent updates

Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  8. After recent update my computer is all messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After recent update my computer is all messed up: Right after the recent update my computer is slow to connect to anything and everything except for the internet, I now get frozen in games after several attempts of trying to launch the game and it takes 2 mins or more to connect to anything such as discord. Please help, I...
  9. Most recent windows 10 update removed my Webroot software and messed up my wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Most recent windows 10 update removed my Webroot software and messed up my wifi: Last night I installed the most recent windows 10 update. When I went to use the internet this morning, however, the computer could see and connect to the internet but said it had no internet connection. I tried using my phone's hotspot with the same results. I tried...
  10. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...